Welcome to PatsFans.com

Ron Paul to make push in NH

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Real World, Dec 6, 2007.

1. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +295 / 4 / -2

I've always thought that his platform would be appealing to the people of NH. Imagne if he could ever take NH. I doubt it, but wow would that be something.

Paul's Quixotic, Chaotic Run May Make Its Push in N.H.

By Alec MacGillis
    Washington Post Staff Writer
    Thursday, December 6, 2007; Page A08

CONCORD, N.H. -- Rep. Ron Paul (R-Tex.) has raised more than $10 million for his run for president in the past two months, leaving him well positioned to help swing the outcome of the first-in-the-nation primary in New Hampshire, a state well suited to his libertarian, antiwar platform.

And yet it was only late last month that his state headquarters here acquired a basic campaign tool: telephones. For months, Paul's avid supporters were perfectly willing to make campaign calls with their own cellphones. The telephone company was dragging its feet, said Jared Chicoine, Paul's 25-year-old state campaign manager. And, well, the Paul surge has been so sudden that some things have gotten lost in the rush.

"There's been a lot going on," Chicoine said in explaining the delay.

With so much money in the bank -- and with more expected after another one-day fundraising "bomb" pegged to the Dec. 16 anniversary of the Boston Tea Party -- the Paul campaign is in a position to make a push in a state whose "Live Free or Die" ethos makes it an ideal early target for the iconoclastic congressman. And Paul could have an impact on both parties' Jan. 8 primaries: He is drawing close to double digits in some Republican polls here, and it is not hard to find independent voters -- who under state rules can vote in either party's primary -- who confess to fondness for both Paul and Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.).

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/12/05/AR2007120502608.html?hpid=topnews
  2. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

He would have had a much better chance of winning a few years ago. NH has (or had) a lot of libertarian leanings, as evidenced by the LIbertarian Party choosing my fine state as the target for the Free State Project. But now a lot of Mass folks are starting to move up here permanently. And how they love the nanny state.
  3. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +295 / 4 / -2

I know what you're saying. I know a bunch who have made the move north. NH has it right with it's limited government, and no income tax. I feel bad for people up there because all the retards leaving this state because of how much it blows, come up there and try to make it like here. I wonder why NH can run it's house without robbing people's paychecks, while this state can't even return the theft to it's obligated 5% level. Massachusetts is gross.
  4. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

3 words:

State Liquor Stores
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2007
  5. jack

jack Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

4 more words: