Welcome to PatsFans.com

Ron Paul the New Reagan?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by State, Aug 2, 2009.

1. State

State Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

#70 Jersey

2. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +414 / 5 / -2

I read someplace a while back that his son is being encouraged to get into politics. Ron is too old to have a measurable future IMO, so maybe his son has enough time to matter. Who knows.
  3. mcgraw_wv

mcgraw_wv Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Rand Paul is running for Senate, or House in Kentucky. In OCt. he will be coming down to FL to raise funds.

The Entire RP campaign has remained active, As the NEO cons fade away, I believe the RP style Republicans are going to move into power.

Check out the campaignforliberty.com
  4. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +171 / 4 / -4

Ron Paul isn't the new Reagan. I read an article a few weeks ago saying that even Milton Friedman (the economic hero of conservatives) would be against auditing the Fed. I think the idea of the Fed is that it must have a fairly invisible hand in order to regulate the economy, since capitalism does not work smoothly and a confluence of events can lead it in dangerous directions. The feeling is that when the Fed steps in, some people benefit and the Fed understands this will happen, but their benefits will benefit the economy. If the Fed is audited, it will be subject to all sorts of political pressures that would make it less effective. That said, I do agree with Paul's call for the Fed to be audited. I think if that happened, at least a few conservatives wouldn't have such compassion for the wealthy.
  5. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

you could have just said that the fed should not be held monetarily accountable........which is utterly ridiculous
  6. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Ron Paul is the man.

I had a Paul sign up until the morons in the Repub Party nominated McCain. Then I had no one to vote for anymore in Mass, so I picked Nader by default. I hate the Republicrat Party and what it has been doing with this country's treasure and blood. They take turns in power (red then blue) and nothing changes.

Paul doesn't stand a chance, I'm afraid, but maybe some of what he stands for will take hold someday. The IRS, the Fed, foreign aid, corporate welfare pigs, the prisons and the Military/Congress Industrial Complex are all out of control. Problem is, they're the ones really running the country.
  7. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +89 / 7 / -13

#37 Jersey

I am shocked:eek:

You do realize that he is pro-life, against gay marriage and does not believe in affirmative action?

Also against the death tax, progressive tax scale and robin hood economics?
  8. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Why are you shocked?

Pro life is like saying you believe in slavery. Reproductive choice is the law. Congress can try to pass a law forbidding abortion but it will ultimately be up to the Supremes. Ron Paul; can only nominate justices who are opposed to abortion on demand, but I doubt that would be one of his litmus tests.

On marriage, Paul would (I believe) remove the government from ALL marriage and put it into the hands of churches, temples and covens, where it belongs, which I support. He would have to being a Libertarian.

I am opposed to affirmative action. Always have been.

Did you know he would close all foreign military bases and withdraw all troops to within American borders? He wouls also eliminate all foreign aid...even to Israel?

Not sure what Robin Hood economics is. Does it have anything to do with bailing out AIG?

I don't support every position Paul has, but the big ones I like. Especially abolishing the IRS.
  9. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +89 / 7 / -13

#37 Jersey

Abolishing the IRS is a great idea, probably why it will never happen:mad:
  10. fleabassist1

fleabassist1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Ron Paul for America!
  11. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +244 / 9 / -26

The IRS is so institutionalized could never get all the bureaucrats out of DC.. that is why I favor the Steve Forbes flat tax postcard income tax method...
  12. State

State Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

#70 Jersey

I have to agree with you, DarrylS. Second time, too.

Breast size on a woman was the first, but that's another forum.
  13. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The same one that is offset by the national sales tax or is that a separate animal altogether?

Flat tax only looks like it favors the rich on the surface but considering that it's not a set dollar amount for all rather it's a set percentage that directly changes upward to coincide with the exact amount of money that person earns. Good idea, so it's automatically thrown out the window by politicians.
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2009
  14. ljuneau

ljuneau Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I agree with you on this.

Until Washington receives the enema it so desperately needs, to flush out all the long-term members of congress who are constipating the system, it won't happen. Reid, Alexander, Frank, Coleman, Kerry, Shumer, Snowe, Pelosi, Collins, Specter, Dodd, Rangel, McCain, Waters, Boxer, Feingold, Waxman, Lugar, and the rest of the losers, need to be sent packing.
  15. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +244 / 9 / -26

Believe that the Forbes tax plan only collects tax one way.. none of this itemization crap etc... but the folks in the beltway, have too much invested in the current system...