Welcome to PatsFans.com

Ron Paul: Obama’s ‘goal’ is economic collapse

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by NEPatriot, Jun 24, 2009.

1. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Raw Story Ron Paul: Obama’s ‘goal’ is economic collapse

2. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +389 / 3 / -15

#18 Jersey

3. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +270 / 11 / -11

Probably because it's cheaper than war. For half the amount we spent on Iraq we could have built good relations with numerous countries, opening up new markets and greater access to raw materials. In addition, helping democratic countries with weak governments whether this recession is the surest and least expensive way to protecting American interests.

4. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

errrr.....rape their countrysides in return for a few cases of coca cola?

5. alvinnf

alvinnf In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2 / 1 / -0

You need a little bit of both. Saddam was'nt going to depose himself. At the same time there are plenty of countries who's stable gov. allows for better relations through economics. One shoe never fits all.

6. ljuneau

ljuneau Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Yea, right! This has been tried before and has been a complete failure. We've given North Korea all kinds of goodies, and where has that gotten us? The more you give the more dependant they become and the more they want.

Today North Korea is an economic and political nightmare, while Iraq's economy is growing and thriving.

7. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +270 / 11 / -11

North Korea is that rare exception that may have to be dealt with militarily, but I'm sure our allies Japan and North Korea would not risk that since they are the ones who would get hit with North Korea's nukes.

8. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

While collapse is certainly accelerating, I wouldn't say Obama's 'goal' is this. His advisers, and Bush's advisers, were helping to create a collapse long before Obama even took office.

9. godef

godef In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I believe you meant that to be South Korea?

Just wanted to add Germany to that list.

10. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I agree with Paul. THe Fed Govt does not care about "money" anymore. There seems to be a long-term plan to make money, as we know it, obsolete, like some sort of Star Trek utopian scenario. Globalization demands it.

11. godef

godef In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I think the whole idea is to try to head off a collapse, a direction we were surely headed to prior to Obama taking office. And I like to always remind people (and Patters already touched on this) that unlike all the money spent in Iraq, the bulk of this was destructive (ie military hardware, destroyed infrastructure, etc), whereas much of the stimulus money is going back into the economy*, to the extent that, in the end, it will have become more cost effective than the money spent in Iraq.

* and unfortunately some to the pockets of Citigroup and AIG workers, which is criminal on the part of those companies

12. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

actually, its not criminal.......contracts are binding.......much like 'poison pill' stipulations companies implement to avoid hostile takeovers by other companies.........

when times are tough, it makes no sense for any entity to spend every last dime and to max out your credit cards which is pretty much what the government has done.......it is strange that the government thinks that the exact thing that got us into this mess will get us out of it.......

now I don't believe that obama's goal is economic collapse, but I also believe that industrialized nations like the US have gotten out of recessions whether they have spent every last dime or not........so it does not really make sense extend yourself endlessly in order to avoid something that is cyclical and unavoidable.........unless, of course, your goal is to maximize self-justification, which is the number 1 mantra of the democratic party.......they need to be needed in order to survive, or they are nothing more than bilge water out of a cargo ship