Welcome to PatsFans.com

Ron Paul Goes From Near Last To FIRST After 'Debate'

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Terry Glenn is a cowgirl, May 7, 2007.

1. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl Banned

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

2. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Ron Paul is the freakin man. His 2006 Congressional speech about petro-dollar warfare as the main motive for invading Iraq was no BS truth.

This guy is a straighter-shooter than McCain. He is a retired physician who has lived a life of integrity, or at least more so than any of his peers.
  3. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +438 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

First what ?

Unless you have a different link, there's nothing to suggest he's first. Sorry.
  4. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +438 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

I now see your other thread (what's with you and thread hogging anyway ?) but they were individual categories, nothing about Paul behind ahead now.
  5. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I wish that I could spread the threads at different selected times like an autoresponder can... but...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

[SIZE=+1]Given the huge field of the early Republican lineup of candidates that prevented Paul from elaborating much more on what makes him so very different from the rest of the pack, and the scant 90 minutes afforded the public to know who they are, Paul did as well as he possibly could going from near last to FIRST place.[/SIZE] [SIZE=+1][/SIZE][SIZE=+1][/SIZE][SIZE=+1]BEFORE the Republican 'Debate'[/SIZE] [SIZE=+1][/SIZE] [SIZE=+1]1. Giuliani 41%[/SIZE] [SIZE=+1][/SIZE] [SIZE=+1]2. McCain 31%[/SIZE] [SIZE=+1][/SIZE] [SIZE=+1]3. Romney 28%[/SIZE] [SIZE=+1][/SIZE] [SIZE=+1]4. Huckabee 14%[/SIZE] [SIZE=+1][/SIZE] [SIZE=+1]5. Thompson 11%[/SIZE] [SIZE=+1][/SIZE] [SIZE=+1]6. Tancredo 10%[/SIZE] [SIZE=+1][/SIZE] [SIZE=+1]7. Brownback 10%[/SIZE] [SIZE=+1][/SIZE] [SIZE=+1]8. Paul 9%[/SIZE] [SIZE=+1][/SIZE] [SIZE=+1]9. Hunter 7%[/SIZE] [SIZE=+1][/SIZE] [SIZE=+1]10. Gilmore 4%[/SIZE] [SIZE=+1][/SIZE] [SIZE=+1][/SIZE] [SIZE=+1][/SIZE] [SIZE=+1]AFTER the Republican 'Debate' at 9:28am the next morning:[/SIZE] [SIZE=+1][/SIZE] [SIZE=+1]1. Paul 35%[/SIZE] [SIZE=+1][/SIZE] [SIZE=+1]2. Romney 30%[/SIZE] [SIZE=+1][/SIZE] [SIZE=+1]3. Giuliani 25%[/SIZE] [SIZE=+1][/SIZE] [SIZE=+1]4. McCain 20%[/SIZE] [SIZE=+1][/SIZE] [SIZE=+1]5. Huckabee 16%[/SIZE] [SIZE=+1][/SIZE] [SIZE=+1]6. Tancredo 10%[/SIZE] [SIZE=+1][/SIZE] [SIZE=+1]7. Brownback 9%[/SIZE] [SIZE=+1][/SIZE] [SIZE=+1]8. Thompson 9%[/SIZE] [SIZE=+1][/SIZE] [SIZE=+1]9. Hunter 8%[/SIZE] [SIZE=+1][/SIZE] [SIZE=+1]10. Gilmore 7%[/SIZE]
  6. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +267 / 10 / -26

Ron Paul is an interesting alternative candidate, with that being said, because of his difference and not cow towing to the beltway hierarchy will be eliminated quickly. At least he says something different, and has some new ideas about the limits of government. He is as close to a Liberatarian as you will see in this election.
  7. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Check out this digg page:
    http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Ron_Paul_Media_Blackout

Mass media excluded Ron Paul from the initial polls while including every other candidate, including obscure ones. His poll numbers are being suppressed or not mentioned by mass media.

Ron Paul is the establishment's worst nightmare. He is a straight shooter with no BS, and his politics are almost identital to Thomas Jeffersons'.
  8. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +438 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

I don't think Paul is "first" in any poll of actual reality. Maybe he was in that poll of whoever they called but in likely primary Republican voters, I bet he isn't.

Personally I like him and would be excited if he were really in first - but I don't think he is.
  9. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

I like the cut of his jib....Its fine with me if he is the republican choice.
  10. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

There is no way that he will become the next pres.

He isn't in the bloodline.

BUT...

He is the only logical choice.

IMO.

Hitlery will most likely get it.

For the obvious reasons.

Just think about it.

g.w. bush...

slick willy...

baby bush...

fill in the blank (hitlery)...
  11. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Diebold voting machines will have it ranked something like:

51%

to

49%
  12. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

the only logical choice...
  13. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

i like some of his libertarian principles... but isn't this the guy who seriously insists that America would be a safer place if every American packed heat?

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul383.html
    And as we witnessed, it didn’t matter how many guns the police had. Only private individuals on the scene could have prevented or lessened this tragedy. Prohibiting guns on campus made the Virginia Tech students less safe, not more. ​

i'm sure the campus cops love that notion... cheap beer and guns for everyone!!
    Last edited: May 12, 2007
  14. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +439 / 5 / -2

There's cheap beer and guns available to every law abiding citizen over 18, so I don't quite see why people think that his position is so off base. There is no doubt that if some of those students were armed, those who would have taken the initiative to get licensed, that they could have prevented such a tragic loss of life.
  15. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

yup, for this particular incredibly rare instance, one hero might have taken the crazy guy out... but think of the other schools where there never would be any mass murderer, just a series of smaller-scaled individual shootings... guns were banned on campus for a reason...

advocating arming every American with a lethal weapon is not gonna get a hopeful candidate elected.... maybe a mayor in Deadwood...

it's interesting that some people here suggest the average American is so dumb, but will turn right around and say if we were all armed, we'd be safer... even the dumb Americans deserve a gun?
    Last edited: May 12, 2007
  16. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

It gives a dumb guy a fighting chance...:D
  17. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I watched the first hour of last night's debate (#2) and flipped back to it during commercials for the Shield from 10 to 11. I have to admit that Hucklebee's line about the government spending more money than John Edwards at a beauty salon drew a laugh. I'm reasonably confident that things will improve if any of 'em get in other than Brownback, can't say I like that guy. The hooded eyes and the whole 'rape victims shouldn't be allowed abortions' thing as well as some other stuff has turned me off.

So if you figure the Dems collectively have a 50% chance, and any one of the Repubs have an equal chance(1 out of 11 = 9%) that equates to their being a 95 1/2% chance of the country getting better in January of 2009. You have to like those odds.
  18. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

No friggin chance a "9/11 apologist", non-interventionist candidate gets the REPUBLICAN nomination this time around. He basically disqualifys himself on that isue alone. The loudest applause of the night came off Rudy's b*tch slap of Paul's 9/11 STATEMENT .

Don't forget, no matter what all the lefty apologists in here think about Paul, the people deciding this, for better or worse, do not think like you do. No chance of Paul taking the nomination.

The nomination hinges on immigration and spending. McCain is toast too.
  19. Real World

Ratings:
    +439 / 5 / -2

The key word is licensed. You know how you get licensed right? You have to pass a test.
  20. Real World

Ratings:
    +439 / 5 / -2

I had softball and missed the debate, and then got suckered into watching the replay cuz of the Warriors/Jazz game. I'm not entirely impressed with anyone of those candidates on stage. I think a couple of them should go home asap. Gilmore, Brownback, & Thompson really need to quit now. Ron Paul did not help himself last night. He seemed like a really pissed off individual who was so upset, that he didn't know where to begin when his time came, and ended up hyperventialting and digressing his points. The forum was not working for him. Giuliani did ok, some good moments, some bad ones.

McCain was McCain. He looked like the GOP's best candidate, and most sane at times, and then looked about as dull as can be at others. He seems like a guy who will always meet in the middle. Common ground is crticial, but you can't meet in the middle for the sake of meeting in the middle. He came accross that way to me at times. Trying to say that his co-sponsored immigration bill was not Amnesty, and that he would never sgn or support amnesty was flat out BS.

I hate to say this, cuz I think he's a POS suit, but Romney looks so much better than everyone else up there. He's got the looks, the nice hair, and a presence about him on that stage. He's articulate, and side steps questions about his flips in a manner that isn't as obvious as the other guys. He's smooth man. I wouldn't vote for him, and I hope he doesn't get the nom, but man he sometimes looks like a man amongst boys. He's a politician from top to bottom.

I was impressed by Huckabee. That was the first time I'd ever seen him speak. Pretty sensible guy from what I saw. Hunter was ok, but nothing great. I really am clueless about him. Tencredo I liked. I have to admit, I support his stance on immigration, so I was hoping he'd do well if only to hang around so as to keep the issue at the forefront of the election.

None the less, nothing impressive last night. Last night left me thinking that Fred Thompson is going to enter the race in late summer. He's goingto let 5 or 6 guys drop out, or become totally insignificant, and then he's going to enter the fray. Smart on his part. I said this a few months ago, that there is really no one in this race on either side that is a clear cut favorite, and that a late enterer could come in and steal the show. That might be true.