Welcome to PatsFans.com

ron paul and health care

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by tanked_as_usual, Jul 16, 2009.

1. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I am quoting him here: 'Every health initiative the government has been involved with has cost 100%-200% more than the original estimate'

there will be no saving of money on this boondoggle

2. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +459 / 12 / -14

Mr Paul is absolutly correct in this assesment. Just like the stimulus didn't perform as predicted and the deficit numbers are a total fantasy. I think 200% will be generous in describing this turkey.

They still haven't backed off the silly 4% growth number for Q4 anyone thinks that will happen.

3. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +560 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

If this comes true, then we should get rid of it at that point. If it doesn't do what it's supposed to (reduce costs), then scrap it.

4. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

It doesn't matter.
    The US is screwed beyond repair regardless of the health-care issue.

I already knew the end for the US empire was coming when Paul was dismissed last year by everybody and mainstream media for pointing out the truths about the US economy, and petrodollar warfare.

5. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +560 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

Mav, can you be more specific about what you mean by the "end for the US empire"? I highly doubt we'll experience total collapse and anarchy and there is an entire range of possibilities.

So please describe what you mean by the "end".

6. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +780 / 17 / -23

#24 Jersey

Do a search on his posts, he's been consistent about this for a while now; since before the collapse. I've disagreed with him before but he always ends up being right :(

But, yeah, he's a "total collapse" guy.

7. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +560 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

A lot of us have been right on a lot things...pure luck BF, pure luck!

8. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +459 / 12 / -14

Once this sort of entitlement get put in place it NEVER goes away no matter how bad the cost. Look at Medicare and Medicaid. They cost far more than any estimates. Once this is ut in place it will be an albatross.

BTW Imagine a 1000 pg+ bill and BO wants it voted on this weekend.....16% of the economy transferred just like that....No one will have a chance to red the whole thing, much less understand the implications of all those little provisions.:eek:

9. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

It's not luck, as PR says. I read a ton, mostly from non-BS (meaning non-mainstream) sources, and I am also well educated.

It doesn't look good for the United States, PR. I suggest you buy a gun or start learning a foreign language.

10. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +780 / 17 / -23

#24 Jersey

That's for sure. It will NEVER go away.

Thankfully they don't have the votes :

Centrist Dem Leader: Has Committee Votes To Block Health Bill

And it's losing momentum not gaining. To pass anything it will have to be VERY watered down.

11. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +780 / 17 / -23

#24 Jersey

I'm not calling it luck - you've been right too often; unfortunately.

12. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Honestly, who amongst the GOP supporters wished they would've let this guy in some debates or backed him further in his past quest for the nomination?

ya called him crazy when he was running, but he seems to be the only voice of a party that doesn't really support him.

Limbaugh? you guys should unleash Ron Paul, and call him your dog.

13. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Yup. Nobody, even in the GOP, wanted to hear this guy last year, who has been spot on pretty much on all kinds of economic and financial issues.

They are only citing and praising him now, simply as a political tool to attack the dems. They don't give a sh*t about what he's actually saying.

14. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

word.

I supported him and Kucinich, still do actually....each representative is an opposing radical in thier own parties. Each a departuer from their own parties special interests.

voices

15. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +780 / 17 / -23

#24 Jersey

You guys know it's because he's a libertarian not a republican. He doesn't fit in either "hole", like HolyDiver, you can't support his position on health care I wouldn't think and that seems like a huge issue to you.

16. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +899 / 7 / -3

Right like when he said the US staged the kidnapping of those British sailors? Or maybe you mean like when he said about a month ago, that he didn't think things were going to be as bad as he originally stated (you know, when Bush was president it was dire, with Obama, it's better), only to now say collapse is coming? Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to pick on Mav. No one is right or wrong 100% of the time, as even a broken clock is right twice a day. The fact of the matter is that if the US collapses, which is extremely unlikely, but certainly a possibility, then it's taking a good chunk of the western world with it. Without US consumption, and influence, where's Europe going to be? Where's central and south America? How's Japan, or even China? We can survive without any of them, but they aren't guaranteed to survive without us. That's why everyone better hope we make it. Cuz if the poop hits the fan, it's hitting it globally. If we collapse, chaos will ensue. China would certainly make a play for Taiwan, and possibly push its way by proxy, into South Korea. AQ and the Taliban would most certainly look to overrun Pakistan, which would cause alarm bells to sound in New Delhi. A destabilized, or fractured US, would not be good for anyone.

17. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,993 / 41 / -31

#24 Jersey

Kind of sad ... but the voters dismissed him also and if he runs again they'll diss him again as he lacks charisma.:mad: