PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ron Brace will seize the moment!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can put this under the "things we'd like to see, but never will" list. An apology from mediots who made the assumption that Brace didn't practice for all those weeks because he wasn't in shape.
Am I wrong, or isn't it awful that these guys just because they are football players are subject to having the media speculate, which some people turn into fact, and have these guy look like @ssbags?
I mean, many, many people think Brace is lazy, because of speculation. Right or wrong, it is now widely 'fact' Fox even reported that he just didnt pass the conditioning test with no comment whether it was injury related.
Maybe its just me, but I think it sucks that Brace as to have people think that about him if its wrong.
What about Burgess.There was an article that basically said after watching him not seem too interested at practice he was a liar to say he wasn't thinking about retirement and pretty much saying he was pondering whether to retire from the drill that was going on. I just dont get how a writer can think that is what they are supposed to do. In essence they are trying to convince their readers that Burgess is lazy, a liar, and going thorugh the motions, without anything to back it up.
And it goes on and on. I wont even get into Mankins.

Am I wrong, or isn't it awful that these guys just because they are football players are subject to having the media speculate, which some people turn into fact, and have these guy look like @ssbags?
I mean, many, many people think Brace is lazy, because of speculation. Right or wrong, it is now widely 'fact' Fox even reported that he just didnt pass the conditioning test with no comment whether it was injury related.
Maybe its just me, but I think it sucks that Brace as to have people think that about him if its wrong.

I'd just like the mediots to say something like: "Well I guess we were wrong about Ron Brace. He looked like he's in shape and it must have been an injury that kept him from passing the conditioning test". I'd even give them a pass if they tried to protect themselves by blaming the Pats for presenting a cloudy report on him that LED them into making a mistake on this

What about Burgess.There was an article that basically said after watching him not seem too interested at practice he was a liar to say he wasn't thinking about retirement and pretty much saying he was pondering whether to retire from the drill that was going on. I just dont get how a writer can think that is what they are supposed to do. In essence they are trying to convince their readers that Burgess is lazy, a liar, and going thorugh the motions, without anything to back it up. And it goes on and on. I wont even get into Mankins.

What pissed me off about that report is how it was even made. The press area of the practice field is even further away from many of the drills than the stands, and as a vet of many preseason practices, I wouldn't dare try and interpret someone's body language from so far away. Yet they seem to have no problem with it.

Last edited:
Lazy ass bum? What planet are you on? Brace played a lot Thursday night and looked pretty good for a guy who's missed needed practice time. You are the lazy ass bum here. Go find someone that TVO'd the game and watch for our hero as he smothers running backs and stuffs falcons like a taxidermist on meth, my friend. We're watching a pro-bowler emerge. Get off your lazy ass, you lazy ass bum. You're gonna miss the bandwagon.
lmao i guess your another one who for some reason cant read the word if. instead of reading what you want to read. read what i posted instead. the key word again is if. i didn't say he was a bum. i said if he didn't pass the conditioning test and it wasn't injury related then he was a bum. we don't know for sure if he didn't pass the test according to some here.

Last edited:
lmao i guess your another one who for some reason cant read the word if. instead of reading what you want to read. read what i posted instead. the key word again is if. i didn't say he was a bum. i said if he didn't pass the conditioning test and it wasn't injury related then he was a bum. we don't know for sure if he didn't pass the test according to some here.

Again. He played in a game on TV, in front of your eyes. You know he was on the non football injury list.

Wait right there, I'm going to ring up Ian Rappoport so he can tell you you're now allowed to believe your own eyes.:rolleyes:

I'd just like the mediots to say something like: "Well I guess we were wrong about Ron Brace. He looked like he's in shape and it must have been an injury that kept him from passing the conditioning test". I'd even give them a pass if they tried to protect themselves by blaming the Pats for presenting a cloudy report on him that LED them into making a mistake on this

What pissed me off about that report is how it was even made. The press area of the practice field is even further away from many of the drills than the stands, and as a vet of many preseason practices, I wouldn't dare try and interpret someone's body language from so far away. Yet they seem to have no problem with it.
It's not just sports, Ken, it's all of journalism these days.

Media outlets decide what the "story" is, then they just push the story along.

BJGE is neck and neck with Maroney as the starter. It's like a scripted "reality show". Whatever will cause controversy and discussion.

One of the local scribes said Brace had an "active" game - and that's what I saw too. Brace was quick and assertive, had good feet and desire. He'll be on the field quite a bit if he keeps this up. He looks like a different player than last year, very different. I'm resisting getting pumped up about him because preseason is the season for the big tease but Brace could provide a jolt of juice to a D-Line that's so-so as it stands.

Now, to the media, etc.: I did not know an injury interfered with Brace completing the conditioning test until a week, at least, later. But to blame that one on the press is tough since BB says ZERO about injuries this time of year. Now however, with the cat well out of the bag, media folks still repeating that "Brace failed the conditioning test" without disclosing the injury, as Trupiano and Hardy did this afternoon, is either manipulative or just ignorant. I'd use the latter to describe the Sports Hub's hosts this afternoon. Trupiano was uninformed, to say the least, missing basic info about rookie and training camp happenings that anyone just reading the paper would have down pat. Hardy was better but didn't call Trupe when he besmirched young Mr. Brace's professional commitment. I realize it's a part-time gig for Trupiano but if you're going to present yourself as a sports talk host for pay, then you should either have a clue of the latest news or go home. 30 minutes on the internet and he could have 'talked' like a guy with some commitment to his job!!!

Again. He played in a game on TV, in front of your eyes. You know he was on the non football injury list.

Wait right there, I'm going to ring up Ian Rappoport so he can tell you you're now allowed to believe your own eyes.:rolleyes:
wow he played against the twos in a preseason game. why didn't you say so earlier? I'm going to call ian rappoport and tell him you said hes a lock for the hall of fame. cue the personell attacks.

Last edited:
Where is Fred from Darthmouth, he hasn't posted in this thread yet. :D

wow he played against the twos in a preseason game. why didn't you say so earlier? I'm going to call ian rappoport and tell him you said hes a lock for the hall of fame. cue the personell attacks.

He was in much much better shape than last year, when he had no trouble passing the test. Of course you can't stay on the subject.

ron brace will seize the bench and thats about it. how a guy in his position comes into camp and cant pass the conditioning test speaks volumes about his commitment or lack there of to playing in the nfl. boggles the mind.:mad:
You keep saying he failed his conditioning test. Caserio said he failed his physical. The media and some fans said he failed his conditioning test, but they never said where they got that info. Probably because they don't know the difference between the two.

You keep saying he failed his conditioning test. Caserio said he failed his physical. The media and some fans said he failed his conditioning test, but they never said where they got that info. Probably because they don't know the difference between the two.
holly sh!t. i didnt say he failed i said iffffffffffffffffffffffffffff if if if if if if .:eek:

Last edited:
holly sh!t. i didnt say he failed i said iffffffffffffffffffffffffffff if if if if if if .:eek:

Show me the if in this post.

ron brace will seize the bench and thats about it. how a guy in his position comes into camp and cant pass the conditioning test speaks volumes about his commitment or lack there of to playing in the nfl. boggles the mind.:mad:

Show me the if in this post.
yes and then after reading more in the thread it was pointed out[correctly] that the media may have reported incorrectly. from that point on it was if.

Last edited:
yes and then after reading more in the thread it was pointed out[correctly] that the media may have reported incorrectly. from that point on it was if.

So basically what you are saying is you backpeddled and the reason you did this is because you listen to and believe almost everything the mediots have to say?

So basically what you are saying is you backpeddled and the reason you did this is because you listen to and believe almost everything the mediots have to say?

If Brace didn't have any legs, he'd be much too short to play DE.

I'm just saying if...not saying he lost his legs.:rolleyes:

lmao:D sorry but thats not what im saying at all. when someone makes a valid point i don't have a problem adjusting my opinion. i forgot we were playing message board gotcha. anyway the media is a joke. so for now and forever more i say. if if if if ron brace did fail the conditioning test and he wasn't injured hes a bum . qoute it tatoo it mail it do whatever you want with it. is that clear enough? :rocker:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey