PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ron Brace will seize the moment!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Per the following, it seems as though it was a conditioning issue vice an injury:

Patriots defensive lineman and Springfield native Ron Brace still hasn't passed his physical | masslive.com

"The Boston Herald offered a bit more on the matter, and the good news is that it sounds like it's not a serious injury, but perhaps an issue of conditioning. In other words, it’s something Brace can control.
I’m told that Brace did, in fact, not pass his conditioning run prior to camp. That’s why he’s been held out. When he passes it, he’ll practice. Either way, it’s not a good sign for the 2009 second-round draft pick from Boston College. A lot is expected of him, and there is an opportunity at defensive end when he is able to practice."

It's hard to know what the truth is, but I wouldn't get too carried away with a picture, because even I can look good in a picture every now and then. Not often, but sometimes. :)

Per the following, it seems as though it was a conditioning issue vice an injury:

Patriots defensive lineman and Springfield native Ron Brace still hasn't passed his physical | masslive.com

"The Boston Herald offered a bit more on the matter, and the good news is that it sounds like it's not a serious injury, but perhaps an issue of conditioning. In other words, it’s something Brace can control.
I’m told that Brace did, in fact, not pass his conditioning run prior to camp. That’s why he’s been held out. When he passes it, he’ll practice. Either way, it’s not a good sign for the 2009 second-round draft pick from Boston College. A lot is expected of him, and there is an opportunity at defensive end when he is able to practice."

It's hard to know what the truth is, but I wouldn't get too carried away with a picture, because even I can look good in a picture every now and then. Not often, but sometimes. :)

Why couldn't his failing the conditioning test be due to injury?

It's nice that at least one reporter didn't buy into him not being able to get into practice for two weeks just because he was too out of shape to pass the conditioning test. The conditioning test is not a cake walk, but even Jonothan Sullivan passed it in one try a few years back. It is very doubtful that Brace would not be able to pass the test for that long just because he is out of shape.

I buy the abdominal strain holding him out for two weeks more than being an unmotivated tub of goo.

This. The photos show the motivation level enough for me, in contrast for example to Crable who really did not change physically the way the team wanted.

A two week old article quoting a likely older article from the Herald we've already read. Yeah, that settles it.

Last edited:

And according to THIS article, sandwiches are delicious:

Tasty Sandwiches

Clearly this proves that Brace must have eaten too many sandwiches.

You be the judge :

Before the draft :
http://multimedia.heraldinteractive.com/images/a1da17d3c1_Brace_04262009.jpg

This Sunday :
http://cache.boston.com/resize/bonzai-fba/Globe_Photo/2010/08/16/1281937127_9522/300h.jpg

He looked like a big fatty last year. He looks like - Ty Warren - this year. Not saying he can play the same, of course. Supposedly he had an abdominal muscle issue which was the problem but with the Patriots it's best not to listen to "most scribes" and take it as fact either way.

The pictures speak for themselves.

Those are great Before and After pictures. It says a whole lot to me. I was concerned before but knew a NT can take three seasons to blossom; now I'm a lot less worried.

:bricks:

Those are great Before and After pictures. It says a whole lot to me. I was concerned before but knew a NT can take three seasons to blossom; now I'm a lot less worried.

:bricks:

Yah but no matter how much he's buffed up, he's still from BC and therefore anathema to many here

there are many different levels of conditioning and being in shape. someone can look great and be pumped and still be in poor cardiovascular shape. to me the pic means nothing. if he didn't pass the conditioning test and i say if because we don't know for sure then hes pathetic and well on his way to bust town.

there are many different levels of conditioning and being in shape. someone can look great and be pumped and still be in poor cardiovascular shape. to me the pic means nothing. if he didn't pass the conditioning test and i say if because we don't know for sure then hes pathetic and well on his way to bust town.

So even though he's in much better physical condition, we don't know if his CV is up to snuff, and because we don't know the story behind this years conditioning test he's pathetic and a bust.... got it.

I'm not a huge Ron Brace fan or critic, but I think your expectations are a little excessive.

Last edited:
there are many different levels of conditioning and being in shape.

There aren't that many different levels.

If you compare the guy who played last night, to the guy who needed a Manssiere (bro) last year and tell me that the guy last year was better conditioned, sorry. You're a victim of newspaper "stories" (not to be confused with facts).

Carpe Diem indeed.

Pretty good performance for a couple days practice.

Look, we don't need to see Ted Washington with no shirt or Vince...or (god forbid) Gilbert Brown to know thier viability at the position of NT. We know they were stalwarts by how stout they were during play. That's what we need to see from Ron Brace. He looks like he's put in serious time getting ready for the season, but let's see it on the field. Last night was a fine start, IMO.

He's getting short shrift on this board for getting nicked up during the conditioning run (abdominal strain makes sense, I thought it was perhaps a hamstring pull). Those things are going to happen when the training amps up suddenly. I think he'll ultimately prove to be a fine addition to the DL rotation.

d%#*!@t, now if only I could get the startling visage of Terrance Cody burned from my memory bank...

Happy to see him out there and play in PS Game 2.. And force a fumble.. I'm not sure what the future will hold for him but it will be entertaining to see which way his talent brings him

Your opinion. Heck, you bash BJGE because people bash Maroney.

If I say that Dane Fletcher or Kade Weston is an end-of-the-roster type, who may or may not make the team, am I bashing him? Take note of this answer. Now apply that same answer to BJGE.

So even though he's in much better physical condition, we don't know if his CV is up to snuff, and because we don't know the story behind this years conditioning test he's pathetic and a bust.... got it.

I'm not a huge Ron Brace fan or critic, but I think your expectations are a little excessive.
i don't remember saying that:D if and i say if. did you read the part where i said if? if Ron brace failed the conditioning test and it wasn't because of some injury then hes on his way to bust town. quote it or tattoo it on your forehead if you like. if he wasn't hurt and couldn't pass that test then hes a lazy ass bum. next time do some freaking running and give the weights a rest.

i don't remember saying that:D if and i say if. did you read the part where i said if? if Ron brace failed the conditioning test and it wasn't because of some injury then hes on his way to bust town. quote it or tattoo it on your forehead if you like. if he wasn't hurt and couldn't pass that test then hes a lazy ass bum. next time do some freaking running and give the weights a rest.

You don't have a TV? He played a fair bit last night, it's not a mystery.

Last edited:

Lazy ass bum? What planet are you on? Brace played a lot Thursday night and looked pretty good for a guy who's missed needed practice time. You are the lazy ass bum here. Go find someone that TVO'd the game and watch for our hero as he smothers running backs and stuffs falcons like a taxidermist on meth, my friend. We're watching a pro-bowler emerge. Get off your lazy ass, you lazy ass bum. You're gonna miss the bandwagon.

I went back and watched the Brace plays. He did play in a combo of NT, DT and LDE. He was the LDE in the FF play outlining the distance he went to FF the RB. back of the LT position.

Ther was also a nice pass rush play in the second Q, where he actually had a "pressure".

It's nice that at least one reporter didn't buy into him not being able to get into practice for two weeks just because he was too out of shape to pass the conditioning test. The conditioning test is not a cake walk, but even Jonothan Sullivan passed it in one try a few years back. It is very doubtful that Brace would not be able to pass the test for that long just because he is out of shape.

I buy the abdominal strain holding him out for two weeks more than being an unmotivated tub of goo.

I never believed the failed conditioning test fabricated story. Even back at the start of camp, people in the know were calling it a pre-existing injury situation.

The standard procedure under BB to deal with those that failed the conditioning test was to make them jog laps for two or three days, and then re-take the test.

It is obvious that Brace worked hard in the offseason and is ready to go. He admitted to not being up to NFL speed last year so maybe he has improved his footwork enough to make the final cut.

We need depth. Stay tuned.

You can put this under the "things we'd like to see, but never will" list. An apology from mediots who made the assumption that Brace didn't practice for all those weeks because he wasn't in shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back