PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ron Brace will seize the moment!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have some confidence in Brace, long term, if only because of his performance at BC the year Raji was out.

1.) So what? Do you think the NFL is a MENSA society? Being overwhelmed or unprepared does not mean he's dumb or lazy. It means he wasn't prepared for the transition to the NFL, which is true for a lot of players moving from NCAA to NFL ball.

2.) Do you know why Brace failed his conditioning test? How do you judge which players are mentally tough and which are not? Is Guyton mentally tough? Are Lockett, Cunningham, and Bodden mentally tough? How about Kaczur?

Thankfully I learned to disregard your incoherent Maroney ramblings long ago.

Transitioning from being one of two big tackles, to playing nose isn't easy either. It's physically grueling and it took Vince a year and a half before he straightened out his technique.

I have some confidence in Brace, long term, if only because of his performance at BC the year Raji was out.

Please elaborate. It's hard to get a bead on him and I'd love to hear some encouraging words.

I want to see Brace sprinting around the practice facility yelling "Carpe diem.... CARPE DIEM".

What I have heard from most scribes is that he did not pass the conditioning test
You be the judge :

Before the draft :
http://multimedia.heraldinteractive.com/images/a1da17d3c1_Brace_04262009.jpg

This Sunday :
http://cache.boston.com/resize/bonzai-fba/Globe_Photo/2010/08/16/1281937127_9522/300h.jpg

He looked like a big fatty last year. He looks like - Ty Warren - this year. Not saying he can play the same, of course. Supposedly he had an abdominal muscle issue which was the problem but with the Patriots it's best not to listen to "most scribes" and take it as fact either way.

The pictures speak for themselves.

You be the judge :

Before the draft :

This Sunday :
http://cache.boston.com/resize/bonzai-fba/Globe_Photo/2010/08/16/1281937127_9522/300h.jpg

He looked like a big fatty last year. He looks like - Ty Warren - this year. Not saying he can play the same, of course. Supposedly he had an abdominal muscle issue which was the problem but with the Patriots it's best not to listen to "most scribes" and take it as fact either way.

It looks like Brace has a average sized man's upper leg for an arm... butt cheek included and all.

Last edited:
You be the judge :

Before the draft :

This Sunday :

Those pictures give me a great deal of hope. Brace is, at minimum, putting out a serious effort. GJ posting them. Thnx.

ron brace will seize the bench and thats about it. how a guy in his position comes into camp and cant pass the conditioning test speaks volumes about his commitment or lack there of to playing in the nfl. boggles the mind.:mad:

ron brace will seize the bench and thats about it. how a guy in his position comes into camp and cant pass the conditioning test speaks volumes about his commitment or lack there of to playing in the nfl. boggles the mind.:mad:
Did you look at the pictures and do they make you think there was a lack of effort in the offseason ?

And do you know for sure he failed the conditioning test ? Curran doesn't :

"Ron Brace, who was laid low by an abdominal strain until today, was also back out there."

Training Camp Central: Brady goes tapeless

You be the judge :

Before the draft :

This Sunday :

Thanks B Fan. That first picture has been showing up a lot, I thought it was this year. You get so much negative propaganda, I discounted a report from a central Mass paper saying what good shape he was in as homerism (he's from Springfield?)

Did you look at the pictures and do they make you think there was a lack of effort in the offseason ?

"Ron Brace, who was laid low by an abdominal strain until today, was also back out there."

Huh! The media around this team is a disgrace. He obviously is in much better shape than last year and was injured. The media knew it, but they just love the out of shape failed the test stories.

Have you heard BJGE is vying for the starting running backs job and Murrel is the starter next to TBC at this point.

At least Borges agenda was entertaining, what is the purpose of telling the general public, who do not follow things as closely as this board, that a marginal #5 RB is 50/50 to start, a Jets special teamer is ready to start at OLB after one good pre season game and our second round NT is waddling around eating cheeseburgers while comically failing to pass the conditioning test every day for two weeks.

I'm glad I don't read them much (except Reiss) and I'll read them less now. Anything important will be linked here anyway. Sheesh.

Carpe Diem, Ron!

Last edited:
Huh! The media around this team is a disgrace. He obviously is in much better shape than last year and was injured. The media knew it, but they just love the out of shape failed the test stories.
I kind of like Rapaport but he was the one who started the "failed conditioning test" thing. Of course it MAY be true but looking at Brace I suspect it isn't and if he did fail it, it's clearly not because he slacked off during the offseason. His body looks like Ty Warren's now, I'm shocked at how he looks like a DE not a NT now. I don't know what the problem at the start of camp was but from the pictures, a minor injury seems way more likely than a conditioning test failure.

I kind of like Rapaport but he was the one who started the "failed conditioning test" thing. Of course it MAY be true but looking at Brace I suspect it isn't and if he did fail it, it's clearly not because he slacked off during the offseason. His body looks like Ty Warren's now, I'm shocked at how he looks like a DE not a NT now. I don't know what the problem at the start of camp was but from the pictures, a minor injury seems way more likely than a conditioning test failure.

Rap and company have an easy out with the notion that he may have "failed the conditioning test" because of the injury keeping the story true...but the reason why he failed wasn't important, that he wasn't able to complete it or pass it was and they had to attribute it to something tangible which was the weight.

He's new, yeah he's all right now.

I'm convinced it's the newspapers. They want to sell papers (or clicks lol sorry if you work at a paper) by emulating the worst of the posters here. you're either an All Pro or a bust, let's start an Enquirer type rumor through innuendo that Brace is a big lard ass. Maroney bashing sells, so let's pretend BJGE's 3.1 a carry performance shot him into the lead as a starter. It's just like Rocky and Maroney is Apollo Creed.

I used to like SMY. Now she's at the Globe and we get 10 stories about AD making excuses and stories about how misunderstood he was. It's a freakin Soap Opera.

Knock on wood, they seem to allow Reiss to report sports for some reason. I even hate his roster picks, but it doesn't matter, that's opinion. He's not trying to concoct some soap opera plot every column, he's actually compiling stories based on his reporting and reliable sources. How novel.

That he may not have come into camp in shape (as has been reported) after a less than stellar rookie year is frankly a disgrace...if that's accurate.

On the other hand if it's not true then people need to give the guy some room to get healthy. The potential is there if he's motivated.

Last edited:
It's 100 percent mental with him. He's either going to decide he wants to wake up and realize his talent, or sit around and be another second round bust.

That he may not have come into camp in shape (as has been reported) after a less than stellar rookie year is frankly a disgrace...if that's accurate. If it's not true then people need to give the guy some room to get healthy. The potential is there if he's motivated.

It's been reported that BJGE is 50/50 to be the starter this year,and you know they wouldn't just say something, so it must be true. Adalius Thomas gave 100% effort and was misunderstood. Murrell is in line to start at OLB. Must be true, it's been reported.:rolleyes:

I truly believe that Ty Warren being placed on IR will ignite a major fire under Mr. Brace. I know alot of people are somewhat down on Brace, I'm not, like I had stated in another post, I saw enough in the Buffalo game to see the value that Brace can bring to this line.

He's huge, he's stout and he'll hold his ground on the run and I feel, with reps, he will begin to collapse the pocket the more he plays. I feel he has alot of upside and I think he's going to take full advantage of this situation that has just presented itself with Ty Warren's opening.

I can't wait to watch him Thursday night.

This has to be an epic troll.

Brace is the LenDale White of the D line. All too fat, staggers into a heap of players and falls over at the initial contact.

It's nice that at least one reporter didn't buy into him not being able to get into practice for two weeks just because he was too out of shape to pass the conditioning test. The conditioning test is not a cake walk, but even Jonothan Sullivan passed it in one try a few years back. It is very doubtful that Brace would not be able to pass the test for that long just because he is out of shape.

I buy the abdominal strain holding him out for two weeks more than being an unmotivated tub of goo.

This has to be an epic troll.

Brace is the LenDale White of the D line. All too fat, staggers into a heap of players and falls over at the initial contact.

So you pretty much just read the OP, then replied without reading the rest of the thread, huh?

It's nice that at least one reporter didn't buy into him not being able to get into practice for two weeks just because he was too out of shape to pass the conditioning test. The conditioning test is not a cake walk, but even Jonothan Sullivan passed it in one try a few years back. It is very doubtful that Brace would not be able to pass the test for that long just because he is out of shape.

I buy the abdominal strain holding him out for two weeks more than being an unmotivated tub of goo.

He bought into what the others were alluding to, read his claims about Brace in links at the beginning of the "Whence Ron Brace" thread...Rap only changed his tune to it being an injury after Brace finally got the clearance.

By the way to the Brace haters the treatment for an abdominal strain is rest, light exercise that doesn't required much movement of the abs, and icing- what he was doing on the sidelines during camp that people mistook for being out of shape :rolleyes:

He had to have had a Grade 1 or Grade 2 strain, ususual recovery time for grade 1 is three weeks off, grade 2 is four to six weeks off. The timeframe coincides with at or just before the start of camp, both of which would have prevented him from taking the conditioning test until just recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back