PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ron Brace will seize the moment!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ron Brace will seize the moment !

Brace will be forever compared with the 6th rounder DL the patriots drafted in the same year as Brace. Is it fair to compare the player we chose at #40 to the one we chose at #207 in the same draft?

It could be worse, the Pats got Julian Edelman at #232 and the Raiders got Darrius Heyward-Bey at #7 overall.

That always makes me laugh.

Since Brace has made it onto the practice field, the reviews I have seen have been positive for the most part. He seems to be fast for his size and holding his own.

I think Brace could be a victim of the Pats cone of silence on injuries. I remember about 5 years ago Willie Mac complaining that since he was injured at the start of camp people thought he failed the conditioning run because the Pats lumped him in with the guys who actually did on the inactives in practice without explaination. Brace may be victim of the same perception especially because of his size and his struggle to get on the active roster last year.

If Brace does pan out, thats alot of mass up front. Warren - 325, Wilfork - 325 and Brace - 330. Maybe we can get them a few double stackers from KFC and get the total up to 1000 lbs.

That number in particular seems laughable; I would bet that those three are already over 1000 combined.

SSDD

Hopefully Brace is better against the run than Wright...

I truly believe that Ty Warren being placed on IR will ignite a major fire under Mr. Brace. I know alot of people are somewhat down on Brace, I'm not, like I had stated in another post, I saw enough in the Buffalo game to see the value that Brace can bring to this line.

He's huge, he's stout and he'll hold his ground on the run and I feel, with reps, he will begin to collapse the pocket the more he plays. I feel he has alot of upside and I think he's going to take full advantage of this situation that has just presented itself with Ty Warren's opening.

I can't wait to watch him Thursday night.

I hope and pray that you are correct, more than I can describe. However, I don't think he will end up justifying where he was picked. PLEASE let me be wrong.

Since Brace has made it onto the practice field, the reviews I have seen have been positive for the most part. He seems to be fast for his size and holding his own.

I think Brace could be a victim of the Pats cone of silence on injuries. I remember about 5 years ago Willie Mac complaining that since he was injured at the start of camp people thought he failed the conditioning run because the Pats lumped him in with the guys who actually did on the inactives in practice without explaination. Brace may be victim of the same perception especially because of his size and his struggle to get on the active roster last year.

I thought the same thing. My initial thought was that he probably pulled his hamstring during his initial test. The reason was that the reports were glowing coming out of the off-season period and the fact that his play picked up toward the end of last season. That didn't seem the same as the Crable-esque disappearance of well...Crable.

My prediction is that Brace 'aint seizing sh*t but an order of large fries and a Dr. Suess book. In the off-season, Brace said he didn't have a grasp on the mental side of things - this year I have received no indication that his head is together. You'd think he's work on that seeing that he himself said it was an issue. He is a lazy, unmotivated, uncomitted doofus and I think he has replaced my hate for the Dancing Bear (Lo-Mo)

My prediction is that Brace 'aint seizing sh*t but an order of large fries and a Dr. Suess book. In the off-season, Brace said he didn't have a grasp on the mental side of things - this year I have received no indication that his head is together. You'd think he's work on that seeing that he himself said it was an issue. He is a lazy, unmotivated, uncomitted doofus and I think he has replaced my hate for the Dancing Bear (Lo-Mo)

Aren't you the person who decided he was dumb for what he posts on his Twitter account, as if even if that were the case, it would preclude him from being a good player in the NFL? On what basis are you claiming that he's lazy, unmotivated, and uncommitted?

Yeah. As you said, at least it cut down on your overwrought Maroney whining.

Last edited:
Aren't you the person who decided he was dumb for what he posts on his Twitter account, as if even if that were the case, it would preclude him from being a good player in the NFL? On what basis are you claiming that he's lazy, unmotivated, and uncommitted?

So I guess you are a defender now. You always go off on me for not liking the mediocrity known as Laurence Maroney. Now you're defending Ron Brace.

...on the basis that he took so long to pass the conditioning test, that he said he was not mentally prepared last year and that seems to ring true this year too. Come to camp in shape and mentally tough. If you are neither of these things - you are lazy, immature and unmotivated. It's pretty simple, really.

If it makes you feel any better, I still think Maroney is garbage.

So I guess you are a defender now. You always go off on me for not liking the mediocrity known as Laurence Maroney. Now you're defending Ron Brace.

I'll defend players from irrational or unfounded attacks. And as we saw in the most recent iteration of Maroney bashing, your arguments qualified as both.

Simple as that.

I'll defend players from irrational or unfounded attacks. And as we saw in the most recent iteration of Maroney bashing, your arguments qualified as both.

Simple as that.

Your opinion. Heck, you bash BJGE because people bash Maroney.

So he was lazy and uncommitted because he was injured. There is no proof that he failed the conditioning test because of lack of conditioning. If he just failed the test, he would have passed it within a week especially since all the reports in the last few days have been how quick he is for his size. The guy was probably injured.

It is too soon to blast the guy. He had a rough start to his career, but he seemed to turn it around towards the end of the season. He seems in better shape and improving this season based on minicamp and his first few days of practice. The guy deserves a chance. Midway through Wilfork's second season, people thought he was a bust. It wasn't until he adjusted his stance that he became a stud.

It is too early to give up on Brace. He could turn into a bust, but he could turn into a stud or somewhere in between. People are too hard on players at times.

...on the basis that he took so long to pass the conditioning test, that he said he was not mentally prepared last year and that seems to ring true this year too. Come to camp in shape and mentally tough. If you are neither of these things - you are lazy, immature and unmotivated. It's pretty simple, really.

1.) So what? Do you think the NFL is a MENSA society? Being overwhelmed or unprepared does not mean he's dumb or lazy. It means he wasn't prepared for the transition to the NFL, which is true for a lot of players moving from NCAA to NFL ball.

2.) Do you know why Brace failed his conditioning test? How do you judge which players are mentally tough and which are not? Is Guyton mentally tough? Are Lockett, Cunningham, and Bodden mentally tough? How about Kaczur?

If it makes you feel any better, I still think Maroney is garbage.

Thankfully I learned to disregard your incoherent Maroney ramblings long ago.

The reasons that people have been down on Brace is because a lot wanted the Patriots to take an OLB with that pick and also because a lot of Patriots fans dislike the BC Eagles with a passion.

The reasons that people have been down on Brace is because a lot wanted the Patriots to take an OLB with that pick and also because a lot of Patriots fans dislike the BC Eagles with a passion.

That and people want immediate impact from a player taken out of the second round. Unfortunately, d-line is not typically a position where players make immediate impact as a rookie. Even Richard Seymour took half a season to get really cooking and he was the 6th overall pick.

The fact that Brace was inactive the first half the season, people quickly labelled him a bust. If he was a 250lb LB, he probably would have been activated and seen some time on special teams. But there isn't much special team needs for a 330lb DT. That is probably why he was inactive.

So he was lazy and uncommitted because he was injured. There is no proof that he failed the conditioning test because of lack of conditioning. If he just failed the test, he would have passed it within a week especially since all the reports in the last few days have been how quick he is for his size. The guy was probably injured.

It is too soon to blast the guy. He had a rough start to his career, but he seemed to turn it around towards the end of the season. He seems in better shape and improving this season based on minicamp and his first few days of practice. The guy deserves a chance. Midway through Wilfork's second season, people thought he was a bust. It wasn't until he adjusted his stance that he became a stud.

It is too early to give up on Brace. He could turn into a bust, but he could turn into a stud or somewhere in between. People are too hard on players at times.

What I have heard from most scribes is that he did not pass the conditioning test....could there have been a minor injury? I guess...but he was seen running...joking....after his "I wasn't mentally tough last season" comment - well, pardon me if that's the first thing to come to mind. Beleive me, I hope Brace turns out to be a revelation. I just don't have any confidence in him.

Last edited:
What I have heard from most scribes is that he did not pass the conditioning test....could there have been a minor injury? I guess...but he was seen running...joking....I don't it. Beleive me, I hope Brace turns out to be a revelation. I just don't have any confidence in him.

You do realize that players on the PUP do condition exercises while the rest of the team practices. If say Brace had a sprained ankle that caused him to fail his conditioning run, he would likely be doing light jogging and the exercise bike while the team was practicing. I don't think the fact that he was seen running means anything.

As for the joking, many players joke around at times in practice. Without it being in context, Brace seen joking or laughing isn't a big thing.

What I have heard from most scribes is that he did not pass the conditioning test..

I read the same thing. Disappointing if true.

I hope Brace gets it together, soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye