PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ron Brace is receiving praises

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it probably is basic physics.
90% may overstate it though because technique and pad level are key too.
Back before everything revolved around hand fighting, one of the key elements of who won the battle between the OL/DL was "recovery after contact". Who regained their awareness, balance, and control first between the microsecond between contact and when you know were you are.

A lot of that is muscle memory and repetition. I still have clear memories of taking my read from my key, making contact, and the next thing I'm aware of is moving to the ball. In other words, it finally became "instinctual"....after mere hundreds of live reps, drills and hours of practices.

BTW- Andy, I was also the back up C on my college team and due to injury I played 2 games my senor year both ways. The modern day Chuck Bednarik (late 60's).....only not so big...or strong....or fast....or quick....or good....or athletic........ ;)

Brace is obviously a talented player I would have to agree with Andy that it has been a mental thing thus far. I think he is going to have a terrific season but I think it may have more to do with it being a contract year for him then him turning the corner in his mental makeup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back