PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ron Brace at LDE for AM walkthrough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a guess here, but haven't there been some players wearing duplicate numbers (both Weston and Bussey as #66, Welch and Love as #74, for instance)? Maybe some players have just been assigned their own numbers?

Maybe 65 is Bussey?

Last edited:
Ron Brace had trouble passing the physical....I do believe a certain All-Pro DT down in Washington also had trouble with said physical. The similarities between the two are remarkable.

High fives all around guys, we have the next Albert Haynesworth!!

Last edited:
isnt brace to slow to be a DE
Run D is pretty similar whether you are over the C,G or T.
I think he would have a challenge rushing the QB, but I don't expect him to be in much more than 1st down and 2nd or 3rd and short, if he is playing DE at all.
He would figure to be a strong run defender at DE, providing he is ready to play as was expected when he was drafted. Havent seen enough of him to know how far away from those expectations he may be.

I see Farnham is back. Wouldn't they have to cut someone for him to step in? The dramatic move would be Holt retires, but maybe there's someone else?

I see Farnham is back. Wouldn't they have to cut someone for him to step in? The dramatic move would be Holt retires, but maybe there's someone else?

Holt missed the walkthrough, which is kind of weird. Not sure what that would be about. Maybe the WR youth movement is in full effect.

Is Holt on his way out?

Excellent. We could use another big body in there. Looking forward to seeing what he can do this year. It's been a loong while since he's seen the field in a game.

Wouldn't Ty Warren going to IR have opened up one spot?

Well, screw it, at least at adds another body at a position of need.

I was thinking today, that even if he doesn't develop great at DE, but shows strides as the backup nose. Which seems to be his best position due to poor lateral mobility. That would at least open up the flexibility to play Wilfork at LDE in certain packages, which they did a little bit last year.

So, while I'm still not happy with the player, preparation wise, he does add depth, and the potential for some flexibility. Welcome back.

Now seize your opportunity, you lazy bum!!! :D

Wouldn't Ty Warren going to IR have opened up one spot?

Would have; can't remember if Burgess took that or if he already counted.

Guess we'll find out a bit more with the afternoon practice.

No Cunningham at walk-through -- that doesn't strike me as good news.

Would have; can't remember if Burgess took that or if he already counted.

Guess we'll find out a bit more with the afternoon practice.

No Cunningham at walk-through -- that doesn't strike me as good news.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Burgess took Warren's roster spot. There had to be another roster move for the Pats to add Farham and the new mystery OL. Can't wait till the later practice news to find out who got cut or maybe Kazcur placed on IR, or they got an exemption of some sort?

And I'm with you on concern that Cunningham is missing. Last thing we need is to get thinner at OLB spot...Again.

Run D is pretty similar whether you are over the C,G or T.
I think he would have a challenge rushing the QB, but I don't expect him to be in much more than 1st down and 2nd or 3rd and short, if he is playing DE at all.
He would figure to be a strong run defender at DE, providing he is ready to play as was expected when he was drafted. Havent seen enough of him to know how far away from those expectations he may be.

We weren't exactly getting QB pressure from Ty Warren with his bad hip, either, so whether or not Brace can rush the passer is, to me, a secondary concern. If Brace can be stout against the run and give our LBs room to work, I'll be plenty happy with that.

Jesus, people, Brace is only a second year player, and may have been injured during the offseason to boot. Quit acting like it's the end of the world that he's finally getting practice time at a position of need.

Also, Cunningham walked off the field on his own, according to Reiss. He probably just twisted his ankle a little bit. Do we really need to panic about this?

Also, Cunningham walked off the field on his own, according to Reiss. He probably just twisted his ankle a little bit. Do we really need to panic about this?

I'm not seeing - or expressing - panic on Cunningham. I think we're all eager to see what he's got and since – as you pointed out - his injury seemed minor I was just expressing some degree of surprise that he couldn't attend a walk-through. Really, just a bunch of Patriots fans chatting, right?

Is Holt on his way out?

All indications seem to suggest he is on his way out. I really really want him to make the team, but it just doesn't look like it's shaping up that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes