PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ron Borges Picks the PATS!!! (merged: Borges explains pick to BSM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bakes781

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Just announced on WEEI

:eek: Now I'm nervous! :singing:

Re: Ron Borges Picks the PATS!!!

We're doomed. :mad:

We're doomed. :mad:

Damn you...I came in here to post those exact same words.

P.S. Anyone remember his asinine Superbowl 36 prediction?

He picked the Pats in his MSNBC column (which was not a prediction column according to Wrong himself) However, he picked the Colts in the Boston Globe so have no fear, Wrong is neutralized.

In the Globe he picked Colts by 3, so which is it?

WOW! Borges has completely flip floped on this. First he picks the Pats on MSNBC, then he picks the Colts on Felger's show and now he picks the Pats on WEEI. I have lost all respect for the guy, not that I had much to start with.

......or not.

Since others have pointed out Borges' flip-flopping, my link goes to BSMW's page where Ronny responds to the accusations of him taking both sides.

His answer, for those with little patience, is that he never actually made a definitive prediction on the MSNBC article and the title was misleading.

Misleading title or no, the final paragraph sure indicates confidence in the boys from NE.

Regardless of what the world or the Colts think, there are 53 guys in New England who believe this time will be no different than the three AFC title games of the past. When opportunity knocks on Sunday, they'll be there to answer the door.

Last edited:

He picked the Pats in his MSNBC column (which was not a prediction column according to Wrong himself) However, he picked the Colts in the Boston Globe so have no fear, Wrong is neutralized.

How can you predict a team and not have it be a prediction?

Which side of his mouth was he talking out of?

He picked the Colts on Felgers Tv Show and in the Globe.

*picks up phone* "Hello. Mr. Beelzebub? You better break out a jacket or something because it's gonna get real cold real quick down there..."

:D

*picks up phone* "Hello. Mr. Beelzebub? You better break out a jacket or something because it's gonna get real cold real quick down there..."

:D

:rofl: classic.

Borges is irritating, but he is awfully knowledgeable and, I think he's best sports writer in Boston. Lately, it appears he's finally conceded that the BB/SP/TB team is extremely formidable. It took him about 5 years to eat crow, but now I trust he's looking at the situation objectively. If he had done that in the past, I think he would have picked the Pats at least since 2003.

Yup, further proof that the man is either insane or gets his kicks by screwing with fans...or both.

Borges is irritating, but he is awfully knowledgeable and, I think he's best sports writer in Boston. Lately, it appears he's finally conceded that the BB/SP/TB team is extremely formidable. It took him about 5 years to eat crow, but now I trust he's looking at the situation objectively. If he had done that in the past, I think he would have picked the Pats at least since 2003.

I disagree that he is knowledgeable. Remember it was Bogus who said the Pats should pick David Terrell instead of Richard Seymour. But that's beside the point. Since Bogus has managed to turn Jackie MacMullen (someone who I formerly had a great deal of respect for) and Brian McGrory against the Pats he can afford to back down a little.

I watched the show too last night as Borges announced he was picking the Colts. Don Banks of Sports Illustrated also went with Indy. That means Saturday Borges will go back with Colts and then to Pats to win for his Sunday prediction.

:violent: Bogus is both pathetic and irrelivant:violent:

I disagree that he is knowledgeable. Remember it was Bogus who said the Pats should pick David Terrell instead of Richard Seymour.

Wow - bust the Pats' chops for not signing an overrated receiver and then NEVER admit your mistake or speak of it again?

I'm sure he wouln't make that same mistake twice.

At least Callahan admits his mistakes. His "I'm really really sorry Bill" column from 2001 was one of the best ever.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing