PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ron Borges....Insight please.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pats_AZ

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Hello everyone...Great game Sunday! I have that warm fuzzy feelin back!

I've been reading so much on this forum about Ron Borges...I haven't lived in Boston for over 9 yrs, so i haven't read any Boston print media, but who is this guy and what's his deal? :confused: Why does he seem to hate BB so much? Was there an insident, did BB through a "yo mamma" joke at him? what gives? thanks for input in advance.

Jay

well, i guess the question should be, when, why or what is the reason this guy dosen't like BB? like i said, i haven't lived in Boston for over 9 yrs and haven't read any local print.

Jay

Pats_AZ said:
well, i guess the question should be, when, why or what is the reason this guy dosen't like BB? like i said, i haven't lived in Boston for over 9 yrs and haven't read any local print.

Jay

That is a question Pats fans have been asking themselves for years. We don't really know why.

And this:

devil-dog-btn.gif

zippo59 said:
That is a question Pats fans have been asking themselves for years. We don't really know why.
i personally think it's becuase the way belichick keeps the media at bay and doesn't give them free reign. basically the pats are cia and borges doesn't like it.

Borges had players coming to him talking behind Carroll's back. He likes to think he has inside sources.

BB cut that stuff out, got rid of Bledsoe and other clique members and left Borges to have to actually do research or write about football.

He's jealous of BB's success, P.O'd that he gets no access and just more and more embarassed that everything negative he writes about the Patriots just comes back to make him look like a fool.

He basically thinks coaches should genuflect to him because of his experience.

Remember the embarassing incident where he went after Carroll in a news conference?

That's number three most embarassing sports moment next to Temple's Cheney threatening to kill Calapari, (I don't think that will be topped:D), and Rome calling Jim Everett Chris.

He's an egotistical aging playground bully and BB's taken his lunch money every day for five years.:rocker: :bricks:

Pats_AZ said:
Hello everyone...Great game Sunday! I have that warm fuzzy feelin back!

I've been reading so much on this forum about Ron Borges...I haven't lived in Boston for over 9 yrs, so i haven't read any Boston print media, but who is this guy and what's his deal? :confused: Why does he seem to hate BB so much? Was there an insident, did BB through a "yo mamma" joke at him? what gives? thanks for input in advance.

Jay
here is borges whole deal... when BB came into town, BB restricted media access, injury reports, player interviews, etc... this burst borges' bubble, and basically made borges worthless to his employer (a reporter with no access is worthless)... therefore, borges has a personal grudge against BB... it's kinda funny that BB will probably go down as the best coach in history, and borges is just a goat. just read my sig, sums it all up (that one quote was the end of borges career)

Last edited:
RayClay said:
Borges had players coming to him talking behind Carroll's back. He likes to think he has inside sources.

BB cut that stuff out, got rid of Bledsoe and other clique members and left Borges to have to actually do research or write about football.

He's jealous of BB's success, P.O'd that he gets no access and just more and more embarassed that everything negative he writes about the Patriots just comes back to make him look like a fool.

He basically thinks coaches should genuflect to him because of his experience.

Remember the embarassing incident where he went after Carroll in a news conference?

That's number three most embarassing sports moment next to Temple's Cheney threatening to kill Calapari, (I don't think that will be topped:D), and Rome calling Jim Everett Chris.

He's an egotistical aging playground bully and BB's taken his lunch money every day for five years.:rocker: :bricks:

OK....I see...makes sense. BB is gonna go down as one of the greatest and Borges is POed because he has no access to him. haha that sucks for him...i guess it dosen't help that he has burned all his bridges with the Pats.:bricks:

Jay

Pats_AZ said:
OK....I see...makes sense. BB is gonna go down as one of the greatest and Borges is POed because he has no access to him. haha that sucks for him...i guess it dosen't help that he has burned all his bridges with the Pats.:bricks:

Jay
borges is actually struggling for his career at this point... he has tried to morph himself into a controversial guy, a la Cosell or
Madden, because he knows he cant get the stories that reiss gets.

Last edited:
Pats_AZ said:
BB is gonna go down as one of the greatest
at the risk of being a homer, ill say BB IS the greatest coach of all time... look at the teams he has won with; nuff said... if any pats fans look back, who were our WR's? who was our QB (a 6th round pick)? who were our RB's? a reporter with a hall-of-fame vote (which is an F'ing joke) said BB was destroying the team from within.... if you look at what he's done, with who he had, BB has to be the greatest coach of all time

Last edited:
RayClay said:

Whatever the initial reasons for his antipathy, I think this is the operant reason now. Borges needs failure from the Patriots to redeem himself. His past criticisms of Belichick have made him look like a fool (he's not), so he needs a bad spell from the Patriots to justify his earlier unwise negativity. He knows that sooner or later Belichick will have a bad season or two, and Borges is ready to pounce.

You could see from that Felger TV snippet that he's fairly salivating. He's risking further damaging his reputation if Belichick succeeds again, but with Superbowl wins now defining success around here, I'm sure he figures the odds aren't bad for him. And for all the flack he deservedly attracts here, he's actually a very good and interesting writer, so I'm sure he's confident he can find a new gig if he needs to.

And: Hey, "I'm Ron?", care to comment? Why do we never see you participating in these Borges threads? Your moniker indicates at least a high degree of interest in Borges; what explains your silence? If you're not Ron, get in here and defend your boy.

But you are Ron, aren't you? No need to reply. :D

Last edited:
No, he's not a fool as long as he can take looking like one.

The more outrageous his statements, the more in demand he is. It's showbiz and Belichick isn't very entertaining.

Just think Howard Cossell. Borges sees himself telling it likeit is while knowledgeable fans see him as a bufoon.

He also writes a very good generic article when they do well, with only subtle digs at management or coaching.

I'm guessing the casual fan doesn't even realize his blatant agenda.

This guy has played the moron card way too often. Is it an act? If he's as smart as some say, is he just looking for cheap publicity? He seems to be mentioned more than anyone in the Boston sports media these days.

Any great story, and the Pats are a great story, needs a villain and Borges seems to be playing it to the hilt.

Is Borges a publicity genius or just a bitter, moronic blowhard? :confused:

I think Borges is pissed that one if his eyeballs is so much larger than the other. Has anyone else noticed this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back