PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Romo vs. Bledsoe

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCPatsFan

On the Roster
Reaction score
It looks like Parcells made the right choice... Romo looks good tonight, with a quick release and some pocket presence

Not to harp on things, I thought it would be a good move, Drew is at the stage in his carrer a back up... Romo has some savy or dare we say he has IT

It is like comparing Dog Crap to Horse Crap...
You can look at it any way you want.
but at the end of the day they both still stink in my book.

but hey, if you two goofballs like the smell of horse crap and dog crap that's fine, don't let me stop you from enjoying the aroma...:)

The game's on at the moment - just an observation - I have a feeling that if Bledsoe started, Carolina would have about 5 or 6 sacks by now.

DCPatsFan said:
The game's on at the moment - just an observation - I have a feeling that if Bledsoe started, Carolina would have about 5 or 6 sacks by now.
don't take offense to what i said, i was just being an idiot.

I agree, Romo looks decent tonight...but it's way too early to say that he's the "right" choice.

Romo is making TO look like it's 2004 all over again...at least for tonight

Romo looks like Chris Simms. Just get the ball to talent and don't f up.

khayos said:
Romo looks like Chris Simms. Just get the ball to talent and don't f up.
Which is more than Bledsoe has been able to do.

I wasn't looking to be impressed with Romo. I hate the cowboys. But he showed some impressive pocket presence and awareness for a kid with his experience.

Tuna's kissed about everyone on the field tonight 'cept Drewpie.

Romo is pretty good. If he can keep a reign on the impulse to emulate his boyhood hero (Favre) he could have a nice future in the business. Needs to not forget old "she" though because he plays hard for Tuna and TO remains something of a crap shoot. If they called holding on him on Peppers consistently they might not have won...

Drew is done, everybody knows it except him and the Bledsoe-krishnas. He's been effectively done since the day Mo took him out. Made some hay early in 2002 on emotion and adreneline (and the 2002 Pat's struggles), but he just never could sustain it.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Which is more than Bledsoe has been able to do.

I wasn't looking to be impressed with Romo. I hate the cowboys. But he showed some impressive pocket presence and awareness for a kid with his experience.

Well said. Bledsoe wants to be the talent rather than complement it.

We witnessed this when Marc Bulger took over for Kurt Warner in 2002.

It's not so much that Romo has more mobility that Drew-but the OL just plays with *that* much more confidence.

For the last year, the Dallas OL has been the butt of everyone's jokes-but they played OUTSTANDING against probably the best DL in all of football.

It's just amazing the change in the O-line when the QB knows how to mnove in the pocket a bit. I was very impressed with Romo and a bit surprised and touched at Parcells obvious joy.

I told my husband, THIS was the week where he finds out if he made a huge error with a QB change. Not last week, when the kid is thrown in and hasn't taken the reps in practice. It was clearly such a great relief to the Tuna.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back