PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Romo knows whats up

Status
Not open for further replies.
You keep making stupid comments. Bledsoe was a quarterback putting up Hall of Fame numbers and taking his team to a Super Bowl through the course of his career. He had done more with his team than Manning ever had until last season. He wasn't an underachiever and he was a far better quarterback than you're giving him credit for. Your argument is ridiculous, to put it kindly.

He had done more than Manning had ever done until last season?

You're delusional. Manning had won 2 NFL MVP awards, set the single season TD mark, threw 244 TDs vs 130 INTs in 8 seasons, had a career passer rating of 93.5, and 7 Pro Bowls.

Bledsoe on the other hand, 0 NFL MVP awards, never had over 28 TDs, threw 164 TDs vs. 136 INTs in 8 seasons with the Pats (80 less TDs than Manning, yet more INTs), only threw more TDs than INTs 4 out of 8 seasons, career passer rating of 75.9 and 3 Pro Bowls.

I'm not sure where you're getting "HoF numbers", he had 2 good seasons out of 8 with the Pats.

Most importantly, I watched Bledsoe for 14 seasons...and he couldn't carry Manning's jock.

He had done more than Manning had ever done until last season?

You're delusional. Manning had won 2 NFL MVP awards, set the single season TD mark, threw 244 TDs vs 130 INTs in 8 seasons, had a career passer rating of 93.5, and 7 Pro Bowls.

Bledsoe on the other hand, 0 NFL MVP awards, never had over 28 TDs, threw 164 TDs vs. 136 INTs in 8 seasons with the Pats (80 less TDs than Manning, yet more INTs), only threw more TDs than INTs 4 out of 8 seasons, career passer rating of 75.9 and 3 Pro Bowls.

I'm not sure where you're getting "HoF numbers", he had 2 good seasons out of 8 with the Pats.

Most importantly, I watched Bledsoe for 14 seasons...and he couldn't carry Manning's jock.

Can you read before posting, please?

He had done more with his team

Notice the "with his team" part?

Prior to last season, how many Super Bowls had Manning guided the Colts to?

As for the Hall of Fame numbers, feel free to look them up. If you're so ridiculously biased as to ignore the number Bledsoe had been putting up, there's no reason to discuss this further.

Can you read before posting, please?

Notice the "with his team" part?

Oh, did Bledsoe win something?

Prior to last season, how many Super Bowls had Manning guided the Colts to?

Zero, just like Bledsoe.

As for the Hall of Fame numbers, feel free to look them up. If you're so ridiculously biased as to ignore the number Bledsoe had been putting up, there's no reason to discuss this further.

I'm not biased at all. Bledsoe was never a great QB. He was average QB who played for a long time. Eventually his stats added up. If it makes you feel better, he did put up HoF yardage totals. Unfortunately, nothing else was HoF caliber.

You're the one who's biased if you're actually going to try to put him on the level of Manning, Brady, Favre, Young, Elway, Marino, etc.

I think the guy is going to do fine. He's got a strong arm and seems to want to win an awful lot. I'm not going to crown him the next superstar QB in the NFL,but so far so good in his first 4 of 5 games.

Consistency will be the key as it is the case with every great QB. Do it year in and year out. Brady and Manning to be honest are the only 2 guys I would consider elite QB's at this point. Favre is past his prime, but was super for a long time. Still effective though. Brees and Bulger looked on their way but for some reason have hit major curves. Everyone is ready to annoint the next Montana-Marino-Elway. Problem is there are very few like them or else the term Hall of Famer-Superstar would be just another dull description. Again, sustained consistency of playing at the highest level of your position is what's makes a Hall of Famer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes