PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Romo knows whats up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sivy

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
"you just cant play great football everyweek, I know new englands doing it, but...."

but nothing, you're what we call "flavor of the month" tone tone

i dont know, we didnt exactly play great football against the browns. We played pretty damn good football.

I'm sick of it, im sick off this test for NE against dalls talk. Test nothing, the only test will be to see how fast cowboy fans can get out of the staduim to aviod seeing the 5th td pass by a REAL qb.

I'm sorry, I just hate tony romo. I like favre, I respect payton, but I hate tony romo and the fact that he is already being talked about as a great qb. I just wanna smack him so hard that his stupid hat turns around on his ugly head.

"you just cant play great football everyweek, I know new englands doing it, but...."

i think we need to show a little more respect. i admit that the jury's out on Romo, but winning is in the DNA of the cowboys franchise and it's having an impact on him...

Last edited:
This is a page straight from BB's book.

I found his post-game interview pretty revealing. Don't have a link to it handy...but in explaining his 1st half interceptions, he started down "pass the buck" street until he caught himself. I honestly believe he was going to say something like "a couple of those were protection/route/etc. issues". Don't know that for sure but he sure wanted to get something off his chest. To his credit, he sucked it up and took it like a man.

Later in the same interview, he said something to the effect "it happens to the best of them". Two problems with that:

1) More often than not, "it happens to the worst of them." Those were Grossman-like decisions last night...not a Brady-like clunker (tipped passes, pressured, etc).

2) Jokes and "**** happens" comments are not what you want to see from your QB after that effort. Did you see Brady leaving the field after the Cleveland game? Not a smile to be found...and the Pats won by 17 with a QB rating of over 100.

The 'pokes may win on Sunday, but the combination of Romo's goofiness, Jerry Jones' looming presence (he was adjusting Romo's contract offer with every pass), Wade's lack of emotional control (take a pill man!) and TO's tight sphincter (has he caught anything clutch since that Steve Young pass?) will eventually be their undoing.

Romo is the real deal, gentlemen, but on a Favre template, not a Brady template. The damn mediots have said it often enough, he grew up watching Favre and idolizing him. Not a bad idol to have, just not the cloth our own beloved Pats are cut from. And say what you want, the "gunslinger mentality" we hear so much about results in a few wretched games, along with some gems.

We're likely to lose this season (which, by the way, Dallas did not actually manage to do last night.) Your Dallas boards will be abuzz that week, assuming we don't lose on the same night. They almost certainly will explain how Romo wouldn't have lost the game Brady did.

Maybe the jury is still out on the kid, but to my eye it looks like he's "got it."

I say, forgive him the "but" and credit him for saying "I know the Patriots are doing it."

Honestly, I'm enjoying the week-in, week-out dominance over the weak teams. I'd love to see more of the same against Dallas. I think it'll be tougher than that though, if we win it at all.

Surprised? Hey there is a chance Dallas beats us this week. That's why they play the games.

We have a long time until we know how good Romo is. It will be especially instructive to see Romo if he's ever without TO and/or Witten... that will bring his surrounding cast to the level Tom's had for six years prior to this season. But I don't think he's a "flavor of the month" guy.

PFnV

i think we need to show a little more respect. i admit that the jury's out on Romo, but winning is in the DNA of the cowboys franchise and it's having an impact on him...

we need a serving of BB's humble pie. :)

I'm sick of it, im sick off this test for NE against dalls talk. Test nothing, the only test will be to see how fast cowboy fans can get out of the staduim to aviod seeing the 5th td pass by a REAL qb.

I'm sorry, I just hate tony romo. I like favre, I respect payton, but I hate tony romo and the fact that he is already being talked about as a great qb. I just wanna smack him so hard that his stupid hat turns around on his ugly head.

He reminds me of Jake Delhomme. Remember what an idiot he was when we beat the Panthers in the Super Bowl?

What a maroon!

You guys bashing Romo sound like the same idiots who were crapping on Brady after the '01 season.

Seriously, take a step back and look at it. Romo has started just 16 games and has a 94.7 QB rating, including 4400 yds and 32 TDs. Average QBs just don't put up those kind of numbers in their first season off the bench.

If anyone feels like proving me wrong, go back and see how many QBs you can find that threw for over 4000 yds and 30 TDs in their first 16 starts. Should be a fun exercise.

The Jets wanted him at the '05 trade deadline-any chance the Jets would be a MUCH better team with him under center, instead of noodle-arm?:rolleyes:

You just can't say enough about the guy. He is such a class act. He is the heir apparent to Lord Favre. Let's just call him the "Prince" from now on.

That Jerry Jones is another truly great man. All those SB rings. Wow.

The Pats don't even belong in the same stadium with America's Team.

Guys, come on... Brady is destined for the Hall of Fame, Romo is a great starting QB for Dallas who improved the team as a whole when he started over Bledsoe.. To like one QB, doesn't mean you can't like the other... ( Gee, where have I heard that from?) Romo has been the best thing for the Cowboys since Troy and his fun open personality makes it fun for all Cowboy fans to watch... I wonder if it is jealously that a another undefeated team's QB is footloose and fancy free, joking with the media, while we get to watch the boring, straightlaced, serious faced Brady all the time... Go Pats!

You guys bashing Romo sound like the same idiots who were crapping on Brady after the '01 season.

Seriously, take a step back and look at it. Romo has started just 16 games and has a 94.7 QB rating, including 4400 yds and 32 TDs. Average QBs just don't put up those kind of numbers in their first season off the bench.

If anyone feels like proving me wrong, go back and see how many QBs you can find that threw for over 4000 yds and 30 TDs in their first 16 starts. Should be a fun exercise.

Don't bother arguing with homies on here about a decent up and coming QB - (Romo is Not a definate superstar but promising) ,Some of these clowns think all opposing QBs are overated and suck and only Brady is worthy of any praise at any time

To some guys on here if any QBs last name is not Brady he sucks and not a good QB or they will find some kind of negative stats and reasons to prove thier point - Plain and Simple

Hell even some ridiculous posts I have read where some think Cassell could be traded for a second round pick? - Thats beyond crazy

Last edited:

If my research is correct Marino is the only one to do it. Peyton is close with 3700 yds and 26 TDs. Short list.

Oh quit knocking the guy. Your hero tom lady shares a lot in common. Both came in off a Bledsoe injury and both had damn good starting seasons. We all know it takes time to establish a good consistent game. Just cause the media hypes him up doesn't mean that he's arrogant or self-centered. It's hilarious how people can use the word "hate" to describe a guy they know nothing about. Sounds like the "jealousy" factor NE fans use to describe the hate for the patsies...hmmmmmm:rolleyes:

to be fair he hasn't been boasting himself all over town, you can thank over zealous broadcasters trying to establish themselves as recognizing his talent in the event that his career turn out to be a great one. They want to have a record of saying it "first". Tony Romo has alott of potential but as everyone saw monday night so full of flaws still, I respect him for admitting in the post conference that he was outplayed. period.

Oh quit knocking the guy. Your hero tom lady shares a lot in common. Both came in off a Bledsoe injury and both had damn good starting seasons. We all know it takes time to establish a good consistent game. Just cause the media hypes him up doesn't mean that he's arrogant or self-centered. It's hilarious how people can use the word "hate" to describe a guy they know nothing about. Sounds like the "jealousy" factor NE fans use to describe the hate for the patsies...hmmmmmm:rolleyes:

its not even jealousy, its that the media saturates his image all over the television for accomplishments that simply are'nt there yet.

Romo's career is so young that he hasn't played that many games against good defenses yet. For instance, in 06, he faced three teams with top 5 NFC passing defenses and fared marginally:

QB RATINGS:
EAGLES: 45.5 ; NO: 58.8 ; CAR: 86.6

Meh. Monday nite will be a good litmus test for those of us that are still Romo skeptics.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye