PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Romo Choko!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
d) On that amazing play that was ruled a safety, why was it a catch in the first place? Classic ball-touches-ground-before-receiver-demonstrates-control!!!!

I was wondering why Parcells didn't challenge that one too. It didn't look like Glenn ever had control. Was it a forward pass though? Maybe he thought it would be ruled a lateral (and hence a fumble anyway)?

I thought it should have been measured and looked at.

And, look at where Seattle started the last series from. It definitely looked like the ball was Inside the one yard line,and if so, it would have been a Dallas first down. I cant believe that Parcells said nothing.

Parcells is done. He has no fight left at all.

I disagree on (c). I think the ball was further down the field when it was first caught -- over and behind the receiver's head, then when he was tackled. Line judge was standing right there. Not saying I disagree that the spot was probably wrong, just that it shouldn't have been reversed.

On (d), this seems to be a recurring and misunderstand situation in football all year. If the receiver, in the process of catching the ball, is hit and ultimately tackled, he must maintain possession all the way to the ground if (but only if) he is tackled by the player that hit him as the ball arrived. If the hit occurs after the catch, not simultaneous or nearly simultaneous with it, the receiver must only make a "football move" to establish possession.There was an interesting example of this in the earlier game today, where the player was hit as he caught the ball, but then hit by a second defender who dislodged the ball. There it's a fumble too.

That was a catch then the ball was punched out.

The main question is, up 7 why in the world do you call that play?????

How many of those have been INTs for touchdowns. Joe Theismann in a Super bowl?? Anybody remember??? this is going to bug me.

Can you just imagine the #### Bledsoe would have taken, if it was HIM?!
BWAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAAAA!

Oh, BTW.....if it was the Colts.....the first down review would have been Incluclusive! :p

P.S. Bye Bye T.O.!!!

Last edited:
Yup. Madden and Michaels did not appear to understand (and maybe the refs didn't understand either) that Romo DID NOT need the end zone. He only needed the one. Nevertheless, I think Romo was clearly down well outside the one yard line even if it wasn't a fumble.

No,he put the ball down on about the 1and 1/4 yd line.....it was not a fumble and they should have measured.

Also,they should not have reversed the 1st down spot....there was not indisputable video evidence to reverse the call on the field.

Dallas got screwed.

No,he put the ball down on about the 1and 1/4 yd line.....it was not a fumble and they should have measured.

Also,they should not have reversed the 1st down spot....there was not indisputable video evidence to reverse the call on the field.

Dallas got screwed.

i think everyone was so stunned by what happened they did not even think about it. you expect that from fans but officals players and coaches should have said something

Dallas got screwed.

If it was on the 1 1/4, there was no need to measure. The refs and the booth knew already where the line of gain was, and it was not the 1 1/4.

But it wasn't anyway. It's where the ball is when his knee is down. On tivo, it looks like it's outside the two.

Actually, on tivo it looks like a fumble.

i think everyone was so stunned by what happened they did not even think about it. you expect that from fans but officals players and coaches should have said something

Parcels was on it immediately. I'm sure the booth was on it.

There was plenty of time between plays and the booth did not even think it was close enough for review.

Seriously, I understand that Madden and Michaels didn't understand what was going on, but it's pretty much clear as day it wasn't a first down if you watch the replay. Whether or not it was a fumble is very close. But it wasn't a first down. Either way it's the seahawks ball.

WOW! I feel really bad for this kid right now! This PR is painful to watch. He is taking this about as hard as anyone could.

Completely humbled and taking all the blame. I bet this ends up being one of the best things for this kid. He has a bright future.

Parcels was on it immediately. I'm sure the booth was on it.

There was plenty of time between plays and the booth did not even think it was close enough for review.

Seriously, I understand that Madden and Michaels didn't understand what was going on, but it's pretty much clear as day it wasn't a first down if you watch the replay. Whether or not it was a fumble is very close. But it wasn't a first down. Either way it's the seahawks ball.

You could read Parcells' lips on the sideline. He was asking the refs, "Was that a fumble?"

The Seahawks are such frauds.

He was atleast a yard short of the first.

Man, talk about a short honeymoon.

Wonder what Bledsoe is thinking?

Just because Romo isn't the answer doesn't mean that Bledsoe is...

...but that's probably what Drew is thinking.

Romo, what the hell is wrong with you? How do you fumble around with that snap, then you get up and have a clear path to the endzone or a first down, what the hell, run as fast as possible for the endzone.

It was a terrific game and ending. I hate the 'Boys, but wanted them to win to boost our draft pick. But these two teams, along with the Chiefs (their offense was offensive!) and the Giants didn't belong in the playoffs anyway. Oh, and where was TO hiding?

Parcells is done. He has no fight left at all.

I think he still has intensity and passion for fights he can win. He's at a disadvantage coaching for Jerry (Botox) Jones. I was surprised when Parcells took that job, but I think he's had enough of the circus now. Jones is a younger version of Al Davis, and that's not a good thing.

I think he still has intensity and passion for fights he can win. He's at a disadvantage coaching for Jerry (Botox) Jones. I was surprised when Parcells took that job, but I think he's had enough of the circus now. Jones is a younger version of Al Davis, and that's not a good thing.

I see a kindly old man when I look at him. That ain't Bill Parcells.

I like him for the good he did the Pats and football even though he was a jerk sometimes.

I think he should do TV and play with his grand kids. Terrel Owens killed whatever spirit he had IMO.

At first I thought if he stretched his arms he would have made a 1st down, but after seeing the replay Romo wasn't close. Once he hit the corner he should have run straight towards the end zone, he might have had a TD. Don't you love 20 - 20 hindsight?

At first I thought if he stretched his arms he would have made a 1st down, but after seeing the replay Romo wasn't close. Once he hit the corner he should have run straight towards the end zone, he might have had a TD. Don't you love 20 - 20 hindsight?

I totally disagree. I think he should have tried for the corner of the endzone and made a dive for the pylon. He semed to be tackled because he made a turn for the endzone that slowed him down.

I guess if I say the sun will rise tomorrow morning you're going to disagree with me tonight.

I guess if I say the sun will rise tomorrow morning you're going to disagree with me tonight.
You cannot prove it will rise tomorrow. We need to have it rise today first.

You are more than welcome to prove me wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back