Welcome to PatsFans.com

Romney wins Straw Poll

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by 3 to be 4, Mar 4, 2007.

1. 3 to be 4

3 to be 4 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

2. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The thing right now working in Romney's favor is that the Christian Right doesn't exactly have any favorite hosses in the race. A Pat Robertson type would draw Christian votes from Romney... but I just don't see them lining up behind McCain or Guiliani...

3. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +662 / 7 / -2

He might win the nomination, but he won't win the White House. He'd get detroyed by anyone on the dem side.

4. Real World

Ratings:
    +662 / 7 / -2

I think it woulddepend on who either McCain or Giuliani picked as a side kick.

5. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Unbelievable!
    I should have known that Romney would get attention just by sounding and looking good - the most important thing for Americans nowadays...sad. No one cares if the guy's a flip-flopping carpetbagger. He's wanted this job for his whole life, and now he'll get it because the Dems are offering up weaklings once again: An unprepared and premature candidate and another carpetbagging flip-flopper.

WOW! Aren't we lucky!

6. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I wouldn't be so sure... Hillary is going to win the Democratic nomination but don't underestimate how despised she is by nearly half the population of this country...

Romney could be part of a well balanced ticket as either the top guy or the VP nominee...

7. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You realize that you just perfectly described Hillary Clinton - well except for the part about "sounding and looking good"... :rofl:

8. Real World

Ratings:
    +662 / 7 / -2

I wouldn't vote for Romney, he's a fony. Of course, I dislike Hillary more. What a disgusting choice that would be.

9. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +818 / 2 / -9

The democrats will once again be responsible for another Republican winning, have you looked closely at the group of a$s holes they have running around the country Grinning and Slobbering for the camera's, the new democrat candidates are worse than Gore/Kerry, when the hell will they learn, all they need is a person with Basic Values, Honesty, Morality, Law And Order, Patriotism, and the Courage to stand up to any and all Enemy's of America and destroy them if need be.

I guess there aren't any Democrats in the whole country that would fit that bill, so, "they lose again", the guy with the nice little family who looks like a president or "America's Mayor" will win.

America does not want a left wing, babbling, social do-gooder leading the country with all the enemy's we now have, a liberal simply won't have what it takes to fight the The Islamic Savage and no matter how the left wing trys to patronize the Muslim Terrorist they will always be trying to kill us.

You can't have cowardly knee jerkers leading the country in a time of war.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2007
  10. 3 to be 4

3 to be 4 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

it doesnt matter if shes despised by nearly half the population, just as long as its not 50.1%

11. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

She's the Dem carpetbagger flip-flopper. She sounds and looks good to a lot of Americans who vote, though.

12. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +353 / 15 / -12

What has she flip-flopped on? In fact her problem with the left is that she's not flip-flopping on her Iraq vote.

13. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yeah, it kinda does matter because you assume that everyone that doesn't despise her is automatically going to vote for her. If 2/5ths of the voters hate you with a passion and will automatically vote for your opponent, then you have to win roughly 5/6ths of everyone else. Good luck with that.

14. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I don't know....there must be something. How about her and all other Congressmenn who voted for authorization of use of force and when things go wrong - things that were created by her and all the other finger-in-the-wind cowards who allowed Bush to pull this joke - they claim they had nothing to do with it, that they were "deceived", that they feel "used". I put that under the flip-flop column. Hell, I knew he was snowing the country, and I'm just a construction guy. You think these clowns didn't know? Now that I think of it, most Congressmen are brain-dead and immoral by definition, so....

Last edited: Mar 4, 2007
  15. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Actually, what matters is what Florida and Ohio think of her. The red states and blue states are pretty well set; it's only those two "swing states" of Ohio and Florida who make pretty much all the difference in the election.

I noticed this in '00 when dear departed Dan Rather-not made his infamous switch: "We're going to call Florida for Bush. All electoral votes in Florida for Bush.... No, wait a minute, I'm hearing something different now.... wait.... it looks... it looks.... it looks now like the hanging chads on Floridas voting cards will be a factor in this election. At least this is what I'm hearing now... (from the army of lawyers lined up at the DNC, ready to take the fight to the courts.)"

//

16. Seymour93

Seymour93 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Didn't Romney pay people to vote for him?

17. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Maybe, but more likely you're thinking of the Dems in places like Detroit, Chicago, and Cleveland, where they routinely pay for people to go to the polls. And vote for Democrats.

Ten bucks a head is what I've heard.

//

18. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +353 / 15 / -12

Care to provide some evidence? If you want to read about Republican shenanigans, browse through the archives of www.bradblog.com.

19. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Another typical Patters post... his party is high and mighty and has never, ever done anything inappropriate... as opposed to those eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-vil Republicans who lie, cheat, steal and rob babies at every single turn :rolleyes:

BTW, is bradblog a Holocaust denier too..?

20. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

No, you're thinking of the Kennedy's who have had dead people voting for them since the 60's.