Welcome to PatsFans.com

Romney v. Obama

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, Apr 14, 2012.

?

Who did you, will you vote for if the election was held today?

1. Voted for Obama in '08, will vote for him again

33.3%
  2. Voted for Obama in '08, will vote for Romney

4.2%
  3. Voted for Obama in '08, will not vote, or will vote for a 3rd party candidate

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Voted for McCain in '08, will vote for Romney

20.8%
  5. Voted for McCain in '08, will vote for Obama

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Voted for McCain in '08, will not vote or vote for a third party candidate

4.2%
  7. Did not vote in '08, will vote for Obama

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Did not vote in '08, will vote for Romney

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Did not vote in '08, will not vote or will vote for a 3rd party candidate

8.3%
  10. Other

29.2%
  1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +466 / 18 / -17

Who did you vote for? Would you vote for?

2. Stilla

Stilla On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I voted other.

It would not be in my best interest to pick my vote. At the moment I don't know much about the 3rd, 4th or maybe a 5th party candidate. If it is known to me that the 2 parties are going to dominate this election then I vote Obama as I did in the last election. If a Ross Perot candidate rises from no where, I might throw away my vote and vote for the 3rd party candidate, (maybe, its tough to consider when I am not actually voting.)

Last edited: Apr 14, 2012
  3. Nikolai

Nikolai Football Atheist PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,234 / 1 / -1

#54 Jersey

I'm taking the wait-and-see approach. Depending on how things shake out, I am considering a "none of the above" write-in protest vote. From what I can see among these candidates we currently have, it doesn't matter. We all lose.

4. Ilikehappyppl

Ilikehappyppl 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Chose Other, I won't vote for anyone this year or in the next election because most if not all are fake ass crooks.

Paul was the only good one this time around and last, I would rather have Obama then Mitt though so I guess instead of a **** sandwich I'd take a 3 week old tuna sandwich.

Obama is the lesser of two evils but its not saying much because Mitt is bat **** crazy spoon fed Mormon with no grip on reality. So pretty much Obama wins by default lol.

5. Why?PJ

Why?PJ On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

i'd rather kill myself than vote for the communist currently in office, so who knows. 8 years of Romney doing his damnedest to convince everyone his was a democrat doesn't exactly fill me with any confidence.

I think I vote for 12/21/2012 to be the end of the world as we know it.

6. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +967 / 2 / -9

Obama / Romney
    If this is the best this country can do the hell with both of them, I would like to see Jug Ears thrown out on his bony ass but I can't bring myself to vote for Romney he seems like a wishy washy phony, I will probably stay home, I would have voted for Ron Paul, to me he was the best of a bad lot.

God Help America (the third world is coming in fast)

GOD WILLING

"CHANGE WE CAN BELIEVE IN"-----:singing::singing::singing::singing:

7. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,736 / 35 / -29

#87 Jersey

I voted for Obama in 2008 ... for the most part he's been pretty much what I expected and I think he's done a decent job. I am not sure if I will vote for him again ... I think we'll be okay with Romney or Obama so I am not overly concerned.

8. patsinthesnow

patsinthesnow PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +836 / 16 / -7

#87 Jersey

Down with the establishment!

Libertarian ticket 2012

9. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

In a perverse way I almost want Romney because he'd finally be himself when his second term began and after all these years we'd finally see what that self actually is. We in MA have been dealing with this guy for better that 15 years now, I'm curious.

In the end I'm really only scared about Romney picking some Sara Palin like whackjob as Veep and then somehow dying after winning. In 2008 I only got scared when McCain picked that nitwit. Him I could have lived with.

10. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +967 / 2 / -9

This is why I almost wish Obama would win it would be a lot of fun to see "The Real Obama" but I'm afraid it would be very dangerous to America and a disaster for the people, God only knows what he would do to the economy, the Gay Community would suffer big setbacks he strongly opposes "same sex marraige" but of course no matter what he does "The Racists" will support him.

The 2nd term Obama will go nuts with his socilaist communist left wing bullsh!t.

11. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +852 / 12 / -7

Bachman! Bachman! Bachman! Bachman!

That movie was funny, I'd see it again...

12. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +852 / 12 / -7

Obama again, thanks. He's more conservative than anybody in his base would like, feeding us warmed-over Republican "anything but single-payer" health care, lukewarm approaches meant to persuade two or three "RINOs" to get a bill, any bill, through... but the alternative has gone so far right that their "moderate" guy is ready to blast us back to the nineteenth century to get votes.

And just think... four more years, four more years of a "sex is normal/there's no "i" in team" millennials coming to voting age, and "Keep your government hands off my Medicare!" folks going away. Yeah, 2016 looks like a good year for Dems to come up with their version of Pappy Bush...

But of course, the Supreme Court could reverse the current health care law.

When we looked at our remaining "old lady's" medical bills this month we saw the Part D donut hole evaporate first-hand... as many others are seeing right now. Don't think those folks are going to be happy with what the pubbies are selling, if the bill goes away.

::shrug:: thing is, if you keep kicking the middle class in the nuts as the Republicans do as the core of their platform, the chickens do eventually come home to roost.

It's still a while to November, but I'm starting to wonder how to get the coattails to work more than worry about the outcome. Still, you never know... for all I know people will think the Secret Service whoring around in South America is the real issue or something...

PFnV

13. Nikolai

Nikolai Football Atheist PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,234 / 1 / -1

#54 Jersey

Is that such a bad thing? For most people?

Maybe this is a topic for another thread, but why in the world do Democrat supporters think this health care plan does anything to move the US closer to a single payer system? I see it as a step backwards, and more like a cash grab for the insurance companies. Pubs may hate it for their own reasons, but the fact that Dems have been hoodwinked into thinking that this plan does anything useful toward a "universal healthcare" system fascinates me. Do Dems support it simply because Pubs hate it?

EDIT - Of course, I have considered that it is a backdoor approach toward a single payer system, by putting a plan into place that is so terrible that almost everyone would agree that single payer is better.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2012
  14. Patradomous

Patradomous In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +309 / 48 / -74

#87 Jersey

I think Mike Dukakis was the last dem pres. I ever voted for.And how he ran on the "Massachusetts Miracle". Only to find out what a complete sham it was and how all the local papers covered up for him while he ran for Pres.
    How the state was in billion dollars in debt and he was running on a complete lie.
    Then I started to pay attention and watched how the papers demogouged the "draconion" cuts to the state and state workers by Bill Weld. Only to see the state back in the black in about two years. And nobody died and nobody starved to death and unemployment went down and state workers went back to sleep on their jobs...I was forever changed about the democrat party and they way they use the poor and children as human shields for political power.
    I voted for GW Bush twice and he completley lost me 2006 and I ranked him with jimmy carter as the worst president in my liftime. But Obama has since blown that title away.As he is thee most radical anti american president ever.
    If you think he was bad for the first four years wait until he has nobody to answer to the second four years. I said before and I'll say it again.This man is dangerous. I've never wanted a man voted out of office more than him ever. And I'll say this again. If Obama was white with his same policys he'd lose 50 states.

15. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +816 / 7 / -2

I voted Libertarian in 2008, and will do so again this time around. My second vote for George Bush in 2004 was my last vote for the lesser of two evils.

16. eternal

eternal Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +8 / 1 / -0

#75 Jersey

Why do we have to choose between the two? We can vote for this guy:

Attached Files:

17. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +852 / 12 / -7

I've learned my lesson about complaining about half a loaf, or in this case, by the time the compromises were done, a slice or two.

I could cynically say "let it all go to hell per righty meme-talk, we'll see how left it all goes..."

But there is a problem there: The right seems to be able to package their failed policies for a new candidate every 4 years, and despite their literally bankrupt and failed policies, they continue to be able to rally 'round the "I'm not red" flag.

So to turn back the quarter-loaf, you have to face the possibility that the outcome is eventually even worse than the present -- same thing for no advance treatment, plus a "stand your ground" law for hospital ERs, where they turn around people in acute risk of loss of life.

I'd be fine with single-payer... but the damn REPUBLICAN plan they adopted is too far left for half this country.

18. JackBauer

JackBauer Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +844 / 6 / -9

In your case, I think abstention would be the best option.

19. JackBauer

JackBauer Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +844 / 6 / -9

I'll be voting for Obama, again. Not really a close contest.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
  20. Drewski

Drewski In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +300 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

Voted for Obama last time, will write in this time...if for nothing more than a protest vote.

We are the greatest country on Earth...yet we continue to have choose between two jackasses.

Similarly to RW, I will no longer cast a vote for the "lesser of two evils".