Welcome to PatsFans.com

Romney Tax

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +353 / 1 / -9

2. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +344 / 6 / -8

I don't feel "perfected" enough to read any of Ann Coulter's observations.

:D
  3. Patradomous

Patradomous Rookie

Ratings:
    +78 / 0 / -9

#87 Jersey

Harry the Honky.
    Great article. Saw her on Hannity the other night telling the same story.

Its still going to be hard for Romney to win.86% of the stories on Romney from the media are negative.And the impprtance of the stories are made up.

The media protects the affirmitive action amatuer like a bear protects its cub.
    The Clintons at least took heat once in a while this guy never does.
  4. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +344 / 6 / -8

The "affirmative action amateur?"

You mean the affirmative action amateur who got bin laden in a couple of short years, while the "pros" let him run around free for eight?

You mean the affirmative action amateur who's added millions of jobs and outperformed all the other western nations in this economic debacle?

You mean the affirmative action amateur who presided over the first health care overhaul in the U.S. ever? Oh granted, there are miles to go on that one -- but every president has tried in my lifetime, and every one of them failed, prior to Obama.

I see elsewhere that "if Obama loses it won't be because of racism." Sort of "I call shotgun!" analysis, as in, let's just declare by fiat there's no such thing as racism in politics.

If we still have people running around calling Obama "the affirmative action amateur," it's pretty clear that "if Obama loses, it is in large part because of racism."

But he won't. More people have evolved than have not, and more people are awake than asleep. I will grant that it's a pretty narrow margin, and there are still twits who can't weigh "Wants to destroy middle class" against "Hey are gas prices higher or lower this week, and is this drought Obama's fault?"

But to say the people who append "affirmative action" to their description of the president aren't going to have an effect is hilarious.

PFnV
  5. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +353 / 1 / -9

Racism put Obama where he is and it will do it again, surely Romney must realize this but he is having a good time, he made the history books.
  6. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +344 / 6 / -8

Not a match with reality, Harry...

Among whites:

41% of white males voted for Obama, making him the first Democrat since Jimmy Carter to take more than 38% in this category.

55% of white votes went to McCain including the notoriously hard-to-win white working class vote, but Obama stunned many by taking an impressive 43% of total white votes, cutting the Republican lead compared with 2004.

Among blacks:

Obama has succeeded in mobilising African-American voters who, although strongly Democratic, have in the past been apathetic in turning out to vote.

Among hispanics:

66% of Hispanic voters turned out for Obama - the best ever result for a Democrat.

McCain only took 31% of the Hispanic vote, despite courting them heavily in his campaign.

Read more: Breakdown of demographics reveals how black voters swept Obama into White House | Mail Online

Not much change here. The Dems are the big tent, and embrace minorities and their issues. They succeeded in mobilizing the minority vote, and extended their lead among minorities. Simultaneously, they picked up more, not less, of the white vote, including the white male vote.

As the country becomes less white, the results will continue to decline for the pubbies. As the pubbies continue to make war on women, they'll continue to chip away at their own base, defined as anti-minority (which is precisely how the GOP has defined itself.) The one constituency other than white males that's any good at all for pubbies, historically, is white women -- that's because there are plenty who are living with/sharing ideas with white males, and have already chosen the lifestyle (married, usually w/children) most likely to square with outdated "leave it to Beaver" views of America. Clarification: Nothing outdated about being married w/children. It's just outdated to expect everybody to do it the same way. Further clarification: even when Dem constituencies try to comport by wanting to be married, Pubbies stamp their little feet and cry that marriage has to be their kind of marriage... you see how this works? Those people pubbies want to disadvantage don't want to vote for them.

However, the GOP's concerted drumbeat of attacks on women's rights is probably going to leach more women's votes away from the pubbies. Certainly, those conservative women's daughters will continue to lose the faith as they hit adulthood.

The Republicans' bizarro-world logic will end up being that party's demise. They'll continue to preach that "really" it's the other guy that's racist, while clinging to antiquated views such as we see regurgitated here endlessly.

Here's what the non-republican world sees: You're way better off if you're white, male, and non-hispanic, in material terms alone. Add to that, married, if single people ever get hip to how the married among us are kicking their assets in terms of how wealth is transferred by the tax code.

Other groups, such as Jews and LBGT people, aren't financially disadvantaged society-wide, but are told in one way or another that they aren't "real" Americans over and over again in terms of rights denied and threatened; this contributes to the general sympathy with other oppressed minorities.

None of these big-tent "groups" want to "overthrow everything and get everything for themselves." Their leadership in all cases is happy with true equality, and the country moving forward with the goal of making the country work for all Americans, whoever you are.

Pubbies like to preach that those it doesn't work for aren't really American anyway.

That's going to be increasingly problematic as the country's demographics change. I thought the Pubbies would understand that after '08 but they seem to be doubling down at every turn.

I think there will be a replacement for the Republican party on the American stage before I shuffle off the mortal coil (I'm 50, and figure the over-under on my exit is about 35 years, lower if I don't get my triglyceride #s in line.)

PFnV
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2012
  7. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +353 / 1 / -9

We need an American Indian or an Eskimo next.
  8. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

well said...

Affirmative action helped this black man become president.
    Thanks "Affirmative Action" for killing Bin Laden!

You know that the last guy was the opposite of an "affirmative Action" guy. Bush got into Yale because he was an "Ivy League Legacy" guy.
    Thanks "Ivy League Legacy" for the fake wars, torture, financial collapse, and terror attacks!
  9. Hamar

Hamar Rookie

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -1

Affirmative action nor Obama killed Bin Laden, it was all about the roads and bridges ;)

Honestly, if you want to say that business owners did not build their businesses then acknowledge that Obama did not "get" Bin Laden. Be honest, because the same screwy crap Obama spouted about businesses can be applied to anything.
  10. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

?????????????

whatever you are taking...I want some!

Affirmative action was part of what helped shape Obama. He became president, he gave the go-ahead as commander in chief to send seal team 6 into Pakistan to murder the fukc out of Bin Laden. Those guys didn't kill him on their own either, they had a ton of training, steath choppers, able planning and MOST IMPORTANT a green light. The last guy stalled in Torra Borra, then disbanded the CIA's Bin Laden unit....

C.I.A. Closes Unit Focused on Capture of bin Laden - New York Times

here is the fortunate son SIX MONTHS after 9-11:

Bush: Truly not concerned about bin Laden (short version) - YouTube
  11. Hamar

Hamar Rookie

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -1

You said "Thanks "Affirmative Action" for killing Bin Laden!" So all the people in the Seal team were there because of Affirmative Action? All the Intel came from people that were in place because of Affirmative Action? The stealth choppers were built by Affirmative Action?

This is the same line of reasoning used by Obama to say that businesses did not build the roads and bridges. The only difference is that Obama was 100% wrong. The taxes from businesses did build that!

Obama on the other hand did not take out Bin Laden :)
  12. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Seal team 6 can't stealth chopper into Pakistan to kill bin laden without a GREEN LIGHT. Who do you think they are?

ask your boy Bush about Torra Borra.

(PM me so I can send you my address to send me some of that shizz...deal?)
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2012
  13. Hamar

Hamar Rookie

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -1

Obama nor Affirmative Action can send a GREEN LIGHT to Seal Team 6 without a whole lot of other people being involved, like the people that built the choppers :) You seem to want to ignore what I am saying and that is fine, but I do not do drugs, sorry.
  14. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +344 / 6 / -8

::Shrug::

So you're under the impression, Hamar, that prior to the Bush era collapse, Barack Obama was personally keeping the U.S. economy afloat, and then personally stopped spending his money, therefore depressing demand and jobs?

Why do we hear so often how cleaning up Bush's mess too slowly is Obama's fault, and then simultaneously hear how the government can't do anything about jobs? And then in the same breath, we hear that it's not to your credit if the country gets Bin Laden because of what, by all reports, was a ballsy decision on your part?

Credit where it's due - he did what Bush couldn't.

PFnV
  15. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

wait....so are you saying that seal team 6 'didn't build that'?

I'm so tempted to say that what you are implying is offensive to our troops....so tempted.

But I agree with that...even MORE so, Seal team six could have all the choppers, intel, ammo, plan and muscle, but without the GREEN LIGHT from an affirmative action president, Bin Laden is still alive, and flipping channels on his 12-inch tube television....

do you see how circular the right wing macine has you? YOu are defending your stance by falsifying your stance about who built what..

Its shocking that you don't do drugs...shocking. Maybe you should try...
  16. Hamar

Hamar Rookie

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -1

Wow, that was so far off of what we are talking about... So you think Obama got Bin Laden all by himself? Of course you don't. You know that years of data was used from many sources and the seal team helped a little and the people that flew the choppers and built them and so forth.

So, to say Obama got Bin Laden as is silly as a business man saying he built his own business, it has to be because Obama set the rules on who accomplishes what.
  17. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

I see what your saying. George Bush wasn't responsible for going to war with Iraq.
  18. Hamar

Hamar Rookie

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -1

So you are saying that what Obama said was offensive to successful businesses? Can't have it both ways :)
  19. Hamar

Hamar Rookie

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -1

Based on Obama's "you didn't build that" speech, then no Bush was not responsible. This just illustrates how incredibly stupid Obama was to make that speech.
  20. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

I missed the "you didn't build that" speech, but did not miss the Iraq War. Are you sure you want to compare one to the other?