Welcome to PatsFans.com

Romney spent 100k to hide records.

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by KDPPatsfan85, Dec 6, 2011.

1. KDPPatsfan85

KDPPatsfan85 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +148 / 6 / -8

#51 Jersey

Romney staff spent nearly $100,000 to hide records | The Raw Story

Obama spent 1.4 million to hide his records.

Romney spent 100k to hide hide his records, BUT used Massachusetts tax payer money.

Democrat or Republican, if you spend money to hide something then you should have no business running for president. Politician=Corruption. We need to get someone in the White House that is for the people and not for Lobbyist!

2. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

AP - Evidence is mounting that Romney owned ALL of the New Kids on the Block records on vinyl, as well as several bootleg live performances by the band Hanson.

If either story turns out to be true, and Romney ordered the records to be hidden, this could result in election fraud, sources say.

3. JackBauer

JackBauer Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +793 / 6 / -9

Oh, yeah? Who do you suggest, exactly?

4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +813 / 2 / -9

A Truck Driver or an Electrician who has been married for over 25 years and never f-cked another women or another Guy.

5. Texxx

Texxx Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +18 / 25 / -36

Well that won't happen until you VOTE for someone that isn't Republican or Democrat, because both of those parties are as corrupt as hell, and would rather be beaten by the other side than to be beaten by a 3rd party candidate. The biggest fear from the Republicans and the Democrats is that a 3rd party ever emerges to where they can stick around. Until that happens, it will be the same dog and pony show from both parties, because they're both in the pockets of the lobbyists and that will never change. That's the "Washington Way" and that's not changing until you find someone from another 3rd or even 4th party. We will never get a candidate that's for the people from either side, because that candidate would get torn apart from his own party. Politics in America have turned into the worst cesspool on both sides, because they're both the same. They just have different bullet points to use as hot topics for the most part to trick Americans with and to get them emotionally concerned.

I didn't vote on the last election because I had it with Republicans after Bush and after I saw what McCain was selling. And anyone that would have actually bought into Barack Obama needs their head examined, because that guy stunk of being nothing but a cheap salesman from the jump with almost no executive experience at all. All of the promises he made flew out the window really fast didn't they? Democrats got fooled bad on that one.

6. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +519 / 14 / -28

Great source Raw Story, keep going there you might find some balance.

Gingrich wants to hide the ethics report, all 1,000 pages of it, is that ok??

Interesting how you cite a source for Romney, but not for Obama did Red State tell you 1.4 million?? Or did you hear about it??

7. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +272 / 6 / -4

#75 Jersey

Karl Malone for Prez!

Karl Malone is gassed up for another run in the NBA - 04.27.92 - SI Vault

8. The Brandon Five

Ratings:
    +272 / 6 / -4

#75 Jersey

Others have claimed 2.6 million...or 1.7 million. The problem is that it is hard to determine for what purpose any of those fees were paid. The campain had other legitimate legal expenses.
    PolitiFact | Donald Trump claims Obama has spent $2 million in legal fees defending lawsuits about his birth certificate
    So,there is no way to really know how much was really spent on the COLB stuff.

9. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +519 / 14 / -28

I would not trust Trump..

10. chicowalker

chicowalker Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +297 / 3 / -4

plenty of dishonest electricians out there, too. (I'm sure the same goes for truck drivers, but I only know one or two.)

11. Nikolai

Nikolai Football Atheist PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,004 / 1 / -1

#54 Jersey

I worked in electrical while I was in college. People who claim that marijuana is the gateway to hard drugs never twisted strands of copper together; an unusually high number of cokeheads at both companies for which I worked. They freely admitted that most electricians they knew were users...eh, YMMV.

In any event, no self-respecting person of high intelligence would really want to run for the Presidency these days.

Did you sleep around a bit at college 25 years ago?
    You're an amoral ass incapable of running the government.

Did you get caught doing 70 in a 55 zone 18 years ago?
    You're a reckless imbecile who has no concept of self-control.

Did you flunk that microeconomics midterm in your sophomore year?
    You're an idiot.

Are you a god-fearing Christian?
    *snicker*

You get the idea. It's stupid, to be frank. We get the candidates we deserve*.

*Yeah, I know, I always say something similar. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Dec 6, 2011
  12. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +725 / 11 / -7

If the story turns out to be true, even if Romney did not hide the records, it could be considered a crime anyway, sources say.

13. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +351 / 15 / -12

Obama certainly hasn't delivered all he promised, but actually he did deliver on a number of things, including serious investment in alternative energy, end of DADT, getting us out of Iraq, Wall Street reform, and the first significant health care reform since the 1960s, extension of unemployment insurance, saving the American auto industry, and extending unemployment insurance. In addition, he has pushed hard to increase taxes on the rich. The Republican in the House have truly engaged in groupthink voting as a block against even bipartisan efforts to address the deficit. It's difficult to say how much better Obama would have been if the Republican Party hadn't been taken over by paranoid extremists who worry about things like Sharia law coming to Oklahoma and want to use prisoners to do farm labor in Alabama and Georgia. (And welcome to the forum Texxx!)

Last edited: Dec 6, 2011
  14. chicowalker

chicowalker Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +297 / 3 / -4

At some point a candidate will simply answer all those questions completely honestly.

As for fearing god-Christian, though -- snickering is more respectful than the response the candidate would get if he or she admitted to being an atheist. Let's not kid ourselves -- candidates need to play the religion card, to some extent, just as part of the price of admission.

15. The Brandon Five

Ratings:
    +272 / 6 / -4

#75 Jersey

Giving other peoples' money to your friends is not what I call "investing". :cool:

The company that didn't take any bailout money (Ford) is doing the best. As for Government Motors:

Chevy Volt fires: GM offering buybacks and loaners

Chevrolet Volt Sales Rise 2.8% as U.S. Probes Plug-In Hybrid - Businessweek

Good luck with that.

16. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,364 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey