Welcome to PatsFans.com

Romney okay w/(Dad's) Mexican Immigration

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatsFanInVa, Jan 7, 2012.

1. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +328 / 6 / -8

Mitt's dad George, Mexican by birth, flees Mexican Revolution, comes to America at age 5... or so they say.

Mitt Romney's family still lives in Mexico, while his wife Ann's roots lie in Wales | Mail Online

Where's Orly to DEMAND George Romney's immigration documents???

Or didn't you need them back then? In today's environment, would the Romneys ever be allowed back from the "Mormon Colonies" in Mexico?

I know it doesn't affect you guys much because you're going to be backing Paul or somebody until next month when Romney becomes the presumptive nominee... but hopefully this will make for a less than enthusiastic birther contingent in November... sorta like that "McCain (born in Panama)" damper.

PFnV
  2. jcdavey

jcdavey Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

don't you know, according to some retarded republicans, "give us your tired and poor" had an expiration date on it

****** hypocritical bastards
  3. jcdavey

jcdavey Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

i just hope the democrats don't sink to the retarded republican level of questioning mitt's certificado de birth
  4. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +328 / 6 / -8

Yeah I actually agree, JC

Until the last ridiculous froth-at-the-mouth round, the whole thing about "is he really american?" was always considered this quaint little detail about the U.S. presidency.

Republicans in the 90s and early 2000s were always talking about how irrelevant the provision was, because they wanted Ahnold to have a shot at running for president.

It's like a lot of other crap we hear of as "issues" -- it's selective.

Really there are about a dozen things that actually affect the country - you want more war or less or different wars? You want more or less defense spending? You want to keep the entitlements, alter them, or gut them? Is America secular or religious (i.e., keep giving gifts to religions or run the country for the benefit of all?) Race relations, okay that's real. Inequality of means, the "snowballing" nature of wealth (rich get richer, poor get poorer.) Money buying political outcomes.

Stuff like that.

How we have time to bother with who gets their d1ck wet how, and whether someone's birth documentation is publicly available... not so much.

Unemployment holding at 8.5% at present. How much does that needle have to move by November? That's the question.

(Although w/the current crop of clowns on the GOP side, Obama might win if unemployment stays the same another 10 months LOL)

PFnV
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
  5. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +187 / 7 / -23

The price that is paid for trying to convert those pagan catholics south of the border..
  6. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +334 / 1 / -9

Make Romney Show His Birth Certificate NOW If He Refuses He Is Just As Bad As Obama And Should Withdraw From The Race
  7. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +187 / 7 / -23

How about his income tax returns..
  8. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +126 / 7 / -13

George is dead......

Well did they enter Mexico illegally did they renounce their American citizenship?
  9. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +328 / 6 / -8

George Romney entered Mexico through a little known feature of geography called the Birth Canal.
  10. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +328 / 6 / -8

This raises an interesting question, 13...

Can you prove that George Romney renounced his Mexican Citizenship? Please provide proof that he did.

Oh I know, doesn't bear on Mitt... but it sure will bear on the idiots who think we shouldn't be American just because we're born here.
  11. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +334 / 1 / -9

If the people want to see them show them, The President Works For the people, we are slowly headed to "dictatorship"
  12. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +167 / 4 / -4

I'm pretty sure they did both of those things, and it's worth nothing that Romney has not released his birth certificate (perhaps because the kerning between the m and n is inconsistent with kerning on other birth certificates of the time, thus definitively proving it's a fake).
  13. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +126 / 7 / -13

Why should I worry about a dead guy?

BTW I don't want any Romney for President.....

Just that the OP was silly.

I do wish the guys running for President were able to provide their docs.
  14. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +126 / 7 / -13

I think libs should ask him to provide his BC for in person examination by left and right press critters and then Obama should provide the same documents Romney does....deal?
  15. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +328 / 6 / -8

Of course it's silly.

It's a parody of the silliness that probably still commands a big chunk of the right wing, and was used for faux justification of a lot of obstructionism of proper governance.

The right is made of silly.

This is what it looks like when someone says this stuff about your guy.

And btw, 13, you'll be all about Romney in a month or four... if anybody brings up that you currently think he's a RINO, you'll come up with one or another variant of "that was before."

PFnV
  16. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +306 / 4 / -2

If certain people used the term "retarded" in here, the PC crowd would let them know about it.

---------------

You should be careful about tossing around the "r" word to describe other people, when you yourself don't know what the issue is. The problem isn't with "give us you tired and poor". The problem is with doing so illegally, or without a regulartory process in place. Thanks for shopping. ;)
  17. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +306 / 4 / -2

ANYONE running for higher office, or office of any kind, should be required to provide any and all important documentation. Documentation which the public should be able to see. I'd like to think a sort of public application process would make sense. Afterall, don't we all want to know who the person who's running for office is, and if they are indeed who they proclaim to be. Sorry if that offends anyone, but to me that screams of common sense. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that Mitt was indeed born here, but if people want proof, they should have it. Furthermore, people shouldn't even have to ask. That information should already have to be provided. Heck, niether of my parents were born in this country, and if I ran for office I'd be fine with people therefore wondering if I was.

That's my 2 cents.
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
  18. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +126 / 7 / -13

Wish they had to provide the documentation my wife had to provide when she went for a Dl in NJ...
  19. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +167 / 4 / -4

I'm not against it, but what would that accomplish?
  20. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +350 / 8 / -3

#12 Jersey

And you would accept anything the press said as gospel truth?

Since when?