Welcome to PatsFans.com

Romney & His Pal (Uncle Teddy)

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Dec 24, 2010.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -9

2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

Most of the azzclowns of the right make me smile.. Romney, Gingrich, Palin, Huckabee and on and on and on..
  3. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

It'll hurt him in the primaries, where there's just too big a percentage of "F everyone else's ideas" Teabaggers; but will show a clear indication of his willingness to look at the facts on the ground dispassionately and work with the other side.

They say the way to get elected is to steer to the base during the primaries and then steer to the middle for the election. Anyone who pleases the Teabaggers will have too far to go to get back. I'll predict now that being disliked by the Teabaggers will be a major boost for whoever does show up in 2012 with the Republican nomination.
  4. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +476 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

I'm not sure about that ... the tea party is split pretty evenly between christian conservatives and libertarians. the conservatives have not changed much but the libertarians are basically independents already. The christian conservatives will vote republican even if they are angered from not being pandered to.

If you cater to the libertarians you don't have far to move. No need to cater to the conservatives - they are what they are and the democrats want to purge their ranks of them anyways so there won't be any major defections to the democrats from angry conservatives.

I think the big mystery will be the independent candidate. If they are supported by the libertarians angry from the republicans being too far right it will be a slam dunk for the democrats. But this candidate could also attract conservative democrats and the libertarians which would make for the most exciting election in our lifetime.
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2010
  5. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +145 / 2 / -1

I haven't seen any stats, b ut Im skeptical that many tea partiers are libertarians. I think far more care only about lower taxes than any other aspect of smaller government and individual rights.
  6. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

Christian Conservatives and Liberatarians seem like a strange mix..

Christian Conservatives say they want limited government and bring "god" back into our day to day lives.. but that basic philosophy may conflict with the basic value system of Liberatarians..

In many ways Christian conservatives clash with the basic tenets of Liberatarianism.. the extreme right use these tenets conveniently, but in toto they would probably view their philosophy as anti american...

Platform | Libertarian Party

Last edited: Dec 26, 2010
  7. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -9

You hit the nail right on the head, they are all dirty lying filthy politicians thinking only of themselves.

:bricks:
  8. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +476 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

This is part of why this next election is going to be interesting to say the least. It's almost like our politics are becoming similar to other countries where fractions unite for an election in spite of their differences.
  9. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

Do not see the Christian conservatives allying themselves with the platform of the Liberatarians, just too much an ideological difference.. can you imagine them agreeing to the concept that abortion is a person's choice and not governed by the state..

East is east and west is west... do not see it at all, the right tends to be too rigid and not anywhere near as flexible as they would need to be to create sometype of coalition..
  10. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +476 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

I don't see it really which is why an independent candidate could be a strong mover. My initial post in this thread was about that and will it hurt the left or the right more.

I'm not going to get all excited for the next election myself. If the republicans are safe for the majority I'd rather stick with Obama. If the democrats can get some seats back and control Congress then I want a GOP President. In any case no more majority having their President. It didn't work under Bush and it didn't work under Obama. i doubt it is even possible for it to work.