Welcome to PatsFans.com

Romney Criteria For VP

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Mrs.PatsFanInVa, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +352 / 8 / -3

#12 Jersey

This just falls into the WTF catagory.

WASHINGTON -- Mitt Romney doesn't yet know if he'll win the Republican bid for president, but he's already thinking of the type of running mate he'd choose: someone like Dick Cheney.

At a town hall meeting in Arizona on Wednesday, an attendee asked Romney if he would pick a Tea Party member as his vice presidential nominee.

Romney didn't directly answer but instead talked about the virtues of Cheney, who served as President George W. Bush's vice president and became known as "Darth Vader" during his time in office.

“I think it was last weekend, I was watching C-SPAN, and I saw Vice President Dick Cheney, and he was being asked questions about a whole host of issues -- following 9/11, the affairs in various countries in the world,” Romney said. “And I listened to him speak and said whether you agree or disagree with him, this is a man of wisdom and judgment, and he could have been president of the United States. That's the kind of person I’d like to have -- a person of wisdom and judgment."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/...ng-grid10|htmlws-main-bb|dl13|sec1_lnk3|96031
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2011
  2. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Does that mean he'll choose Cheney's daughter. I think the Rep. VP. choice is the only matter up in the air. It will be interesting to see who he selects.
  3. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +352 / 8 / -3

#12 Jersey

Not if he wants to keep the anti-gay vote.

I think he'll be forced to pick from one of the stronger Tea Party candidates -which will help lose the election for him. If he was smart, he'd pick Hunstman - and together they might have a chance of actually winning.
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2011
  4. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It's a stupid article. If he wins the nomination, Romney's criteria for choosing a VP is the exact same as every other presidential nominee's: He'll choose the one he feels gives him the best chance of winning the general election.
  5. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Cheney is in the Hitler category for evil.

If there is a hell, Cheney has one of the deepest levels reserved. Heck, it might even be named after him "The Cheney Level"

Cheney's Descent, Free Online Games
  6. Gainzo

Gainzo Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

If that was the case then why did McCain pick Palin? I'm with MrsP. Huntsman would be an excellent choice but I would prefer a Huntsman/Romney ticket and we all know that ain't happening.
  7. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Oh yea, the gay thing, lol. There will not be a Romney-Huntsman ticket. They are both Mormons. Not happening.
  8. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Congratulations on the stupid analogy of the day.
  9. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

What part of "he feels gives him the best chance of winning the general election" did you not understand?
  10. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

+1. I'll think he would go with a woman, but not one of the "younger" women (i.e. Palin or Bachmann) on the national scene because those are too easily lambasted by the misogynistic left. Kay Bailey Hutchinson comes to mind (you heard it here first folks).

Of course if Perry wins the nomination, there's no way he would take Hutchinson.
  11. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Ding, ding, ding. Forgot all about her. She would bring him Texas, not that that ever would be a problem. She's likeable and have never really heard anything negative about her.
  12. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

13. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Texas wouldn't be a problem, but she could sure help out in other southern states and with the soccer moms.
  14. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

15. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

too bad....

Its a shame. Maybe its better off you don't know
  16. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Probably, because the one time I was foolish enough to click on such a link I was quite disappointed at the poor caliber of the insult contained therein.

Seriously I don't care if you insult just for the love of God, don't bore me. And don't make me do the legwork myself.
  17. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

I think Rubio of Fl. would secure Florida, Texas is a given, and if Romney takes Ohio its' over.