PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Romeo...where art thou Romeo...

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_T26

Banned
Reaction score
remember the roaming dogs defense

and the days when brady said how he felt bad for the colts offense who has to face the pats d..

remember when the media would say how its a really bad idea to talk smack against the pats

remember when the pats used to get turnovers and fly around the field.

remember when qb's use to get confused by the Pats.

yeah..i miss those days.

Is pees just in over his head, i mean i could be a d coordinator if i just had to call man coverage every play.

Did bb lose his stones.

And if you say he doesnt have the horses on d, cant you blame BB for that. When we got AD i was expecting this unique monster on defense who rushes the passer and makes big plays. he comes here and they play him in zone all game, and he's borderline a jag.

Why let go a solid #3 in gaffney who you found off the scrap heap and performed well for you, then turn around and spend all this money on taylor and galloway, when Morris and tatlor are almost the same player these days.

Re: Romeo..where art thou Romeo..

We really miss him :/

So wait, Romeo's out of football now? We need him back

Getting Crennel back would be a master stroke, he's a great co-ordinator and will have some of the talent in the Pats D playing even better then they are. Just imagine Bodden, Merriweather, McGowan, Mayo & Burgess in a more aggressive defense!

is there any way to hire him as a "consultant" to at least mentor pees?

So wait, Romeo's out of football now? We need him back

Yeah he had hip replacement "I believe" over the summer and turned down the DC position in Cleveland. I doubt Belichick would try and recruit him. Maybe that would be viewed as a slap in the face to Peas.

I'd love to see RAC back on the Patriots sidelines. That defense needs some serious help.

Maybe that would be viewed as a slap in the face to Peas.

GASP... and we wouldn't want to hurt this underachieving, uncreative, incredibly poor coordinator's feelings!

FIRE PEES. PLEEZ.

I think Romeo was quite close to Belichick when it comes to defense, and there are few guys in the league on the level of both of them.

I also think Belichick would have no qualms in hiring him as Ass't Head Coach. After all, Belichick was hired over Al Groh's head in a similar fashion.

If Belichick is interested in Romeo at all, I can't see it being for this year. Maybe next.

The only question I have is about Romeo's relationship with BB. A year ago we heard that Romeo didn't say hello to BB at the coach's meetings, and all the time he was yucking it up with Eric Mangini.

Don't know how much stock to put in that.

Another RAC thread? Pretty soon we'll start seeing Weiss threads. :p

I liked the job RAC did when he was here, but he had some great talent too. He was DC for Cleveland for a year before joining the Pats, and the defense was awful, though so was the team. When he took over as HC of Cleveland, his teams finished in the top 20 of defense only once, but he was HC and not DC.

He did well when he was here, but he had a ton of talent too. How much of his success was based on talent vs. scheme? I don't know. But it's not as if he has a huge track record of success outside of NE.

I think he'd do a pretty good job, but I think Pees is also doing a pretty good job considering the circumstances. I understand we don't have a top 10 defense, but I also think we're heading that way.

Yeah he had hip replacement "I believe" over the summer and turned down the DC position in Cleveland. I doubt Belichick would try and recruit him. Maybe that would be viewed as a slap in the face to Peas.

I'd love to see RAC back on the Patriots sidelines. That defense needs some serious help.

Was he fired or did he serve out his contract? If he was fired he won't want to take a coordinators position because he'll lose out on the balance of his coaches pay.

is there any way to hire him as a "consultant" to at least mentor pees?

The Redskins just did a similar thing when they hired Sherm Lewis to be an offensive consultant (granted alot of that is because they would like to can Zorn). Maybe during the bye week he could, I don't know, swing by Patriot Place and hang out for a little while?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down