PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Romeo on post game etiquette

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
http://www.allthingsbillbelichick.com/
Romeo Crennel: When asked, "What is the proper etiquette at the end of the game when a team is so far ahead? Do you throw it in the end zone in that circumstance like Belichick did?" RC: "The proper etiquette is to try to win the game, and I think that is what he tried to do. When you go out there, it is the defense's job to stop the offense. Whether they run or whether they throw doesn't make any difference. It is our job to stop them. We were able to stop them, so we were able to get off the field in that instance."

Well stated by Romeo and he's spot on.

"You play to win the game!" :)

Terry

So when the Colts score late its running up the score. But when NE does it, it's called "playing to win the game".

Ok.

How about if you don't turn everything into "Colts". Jesus. I frequent a Browns board but am smart enough to when when to play my card vs. when not to. Quit it.

Well I can go back to liking Romeo again. I've been rooting against the Browns up until now with them on our schedule but they're in the rear view mirror now.

So when the Colts score late its running up the score. But when NE does it, it's called "playing to win the game".

Ok.

Those words have never come out from me on this message board. So, please direct this to those on the board that say this about the Colts.

Thank you.

Terry

How about if you don't turn everything into "Colts". Jesus. I frequent a Browns board but am smart enough to when when to play my card vs. when not to. Quit it.

Well I can go back to liking Romeo again. I've been rooting against the Browns up until now with them on our schedule but they're in the rear view mirror now.

Always loved Romeo. I saw some good things out of the Browns yesterday. Loved how they never gave up and tried making a late run.

I still think they need quality depth in the backfield.

Ok.

Come on Ryan, when "so far ahead" is ONLY 10 POINTS it's just called football.

There was still a minute left. The Browns have home-run potential with the likes of Braylon Edwards. They hit one long pass, suddenly you're looking at an onside kick with just a 3-point lead. You have to go for the touchdown to secure the victory.

As for pass vs. run, I'm sure BB & co. would have rather stuck with the ground game except for the little problem that scoring running touchdowns has been this team's one glaring weakness through week 5.

Ok.
Why don't you go back to tipping cows or whatever you rural hicks do in Indiana? By the way, this is the New England Patriots message board not the Indianapolis Colts message board.

Why don't you go back to tipping cows or whatever you rural hicks do in Indiana? By the way, this is the New England Patriots message board not the Indianapolis Colts message board.

No cow tipping in Providence. Or that I know of.

I agree with the poster who said it wasn't running up the score or whatever.

Ryan, we've come to expect more of you here.

First, in an NFL game, with grown men playing for millions of dollars, I have no problem with "running up the score" for statistical or other reasons.

Second, Kicking a FG in that situation is more "running up the score" than going for a TD.

Why? Because, a FG has almost no utility in that situation - it still would've been a two-score game. Therefore, the FG would have been empty points - purely statistical, with limited value in the game.

A TD, on the other hand, would've effectively ended the game. As it was, we got stopped and they had to go 95 yards, score, and then score again - impossible. So, trying to definitively end the game is not running up the score, but I think you knew that and are just trying to stir things up.

yes, why does EVERYTHING have to turn into the colts?

Their paranoid, they are scared ! Why else would they be watching all the threads here instead of joining in on their own *********** on their own forum. Hard to get off when your scared !

No offense to the ladies.

I was scratching my head a bit about why BB didn't go for the FG, which I think would have effectively sealed the game (i.e., it's would have forced Cleveland to need 2 TDs instead of 1 TD and a FG). In the end, I think BB was just trying to avoid the risk of a Clevelend blocking the FG and running it back for a TD (no cheap scores).

In a similar vein, I think Hanson was punting out of bounds just to avoid Cribbs.

Ryan, we've come to expect more of you here.

First, in an NFL game, with grown men playing for millions of dollars, I have no problem with "running up the score" for statistical or other reasons.

Second, Kicking a FG in that situation is more "running up the score" than going for a TD.

Why? Because, a FG has almost no utility in that situation - it still would've been a two-score game. Therefore, the FG would have been empty points - purely statistical, with limited value in the game.

A TD, on the other hand, would've effectively ended the game. As it was, we got stopped and they had to go 95 yards, score, and then score again - impossible. So, trying to definitively end the game is not running up the score, but I think you knew that and are just trying to stir things up.

Ok.

Um, it was a 10 point game. What in the world do you want the Patriots to do? I don't think anyone here would knock the Colts for scoring in a 10 point game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes