PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Role reversal

Status
Not open for further replies.
While Tom Brady does not have Caldwell, Gaffney, and Brown as his top three wide receivers this year. Yet you keep denying the fact the Patriots vastly improved their offense during the off-season. Colt fans hoping the Patriots rely on their fourth string running back this year since the Patriots top three running backs (Maroney, Dillon, and Faulk) were all injured in the 2006 AFC Championship Game.

Nobody said the Pats didn't improve.

I'm glad he being playing football against him and not racing him then. Nearly every WR has better hands than a DB. DBs that have really good hands end up playing receiver, there is a reason they are DBs.
Simply more excuses from Colts fans. Meanwhile Randy Moss has reasserted himself this year as the best wide receiver in the NFL.

That is completely false since the Patriots have won three Super Bowls this decade versus one Super Bowl for the Colts.

The big area of difference is the Patriots ability to judge and sign good free agents that fit into the system. The Colts really don't sign free agents. Only 3 of note lately. Stokley, Simon, and AV.

Simply more excuses from Colts fans. Meanwhile Randy Moss has reasserted himself this year as the best wide receiver in the NFL.

Where was the excuse?

The Patriots have vastly improved themselves in the off-season with proven NFL commodities while the Colts have not.

Like I said, nobody said the Pats didn't improve.

While Tom Brady does not have Caldwell, Gaffney, and Brown as his top three wide receivers this year. Yet you keep denying the fact the Patriots vastly improved their offense during the off-season. Colt fans hoping the Patriots rely on their fourth string running back this year since the Patriots top three running backs (Maroney, Dillon, and Faulk) were all injured in the 2006 AFC Championship Game.

I'm not denying that. The Pats took a page out of our book. 21 to 3 isn't a big lead when you're going against an explosive offense. BB know Peyton has figured out their defense, now he just wants to keep up on offense. Of course the pats got better, but i don't think they are good enough on defense to stop us from going no huddle and wearing them out.

I'm glad he being playing football against him and not racing him then. Nearly every WR has better hands than a DB. DBs that have really good hands end up playing receiver, there is a reason they are DBs.

Marlin showed how good his hands were when he picked off Brady last year.

I'll give you a hint. Brady won't have time to throw the ball. Get it now slow one?

Uhh, no, you contradicted yourself. You said "who needs to stop them.." then you said "freeney and mathis will be sacking Brady anyway"

Just in case you still can't figure it out, just take my word for it, it doesn't make sense.

Colts fans are scared, it's obvious.

The big area of difference is the Patriots ability to judge and sign good free agents that fit into the system. The Colts really don't sign free agents. Only 3 of note lately. Stokley, Simon, and AV.
I guess the following selections by the New England Patriots in the NFL draft from 2001 thru 2007 are stiffs:

2001 Richard Seymour
2002 Jarvis Green
2003 Ty Warren
2003 Eugene Wilson
2003 Asante Samuel
2004 Vince Wilfork
2004 Randall Gay (undrafted free agent)
2005 Ellis Hobbs
2005 James Sanders
2005 Mike Wright (undrafted free agent)
2006 Le Kevin Smith
2007 Brandon Meriweather
2007 Kareem Brown

All seven defensive lineman for the New England Patriots, who are currently on the Patriots roster, were selected from their respective draft.

Where was the excuse?
If you think Marlin Jackson can cover Randy Moss one on one, you're nuts. Ditto Kelvin Hayden. Champ Bailey is probably the only cornerback in the NFL that can match up with Randy Moss and he's not on the Colts roster.

BB know Peyton has figured out their defense, now he just wants to keep up on offense. Of course the pats got better, but i don't think they are good enough on defense to stop us from going no huddle and wearing them out.
More like half of the Patriots defense was injured last year in the playoffs or stricken with the flu.

Jackson didn't have to run a 4.52 when he pick off Brady to seal the wi last year. Like I stated earlier Moss has never had a good game in the Dome, it won't change this year.

Wrong.

From the year 2000. He was a Viking, their stadium? The Hubert whatever Metrodome.

10/09 - TB - 5 for 118 TD
12/07 - GB - 4 for 136 TD
11/12 - ARI - 7 for 104 TD

From 2001

11/19 - NYG - 10 for 171 3 TD
12/09 - TEN - 7 for 158 TD

All of those games in Domes, and I'm skipping a bunch of them. Sorry, but he can play very well in a dome.

I guess the following selections by the New England Patriots in the NFL draft from 2001 thru 2007 are stiffs:

2001 Richard Seymour
2002 Jarvis Green
2003 Ty Warren
2003 Eugene Wilson
2003 Asante Samuel
2004 Vince Wilfork
2004 Randall Gay (undrafted free agent)
2005 Ellis Hobbs
2005 James Sanders
2005 Mike Wright (undrafted free agent)
2006 Le Kevin Smith
2007 Brandon Meriweather
2007 Kareem Brown

All seven defensive lineman for the New England Patriots, who are currently on the Patriots roster, were selected from their respective draft.

You totally missed my point. I'm not talking about the Pats draft. I'm talking about the like of Vrabel, Harrison, Morris, Welker, Antowain Smith, Andruzzi.

If you think Marlin Jackson can cover Randy Moss one on one, you're nuts. Ditto Kelvin Hayden. Champ Bailey is probably the only cornerback in the NFL that can match up with Randy Moss and he's not on the Colts roster.

Once again, where was the excuse? I never said he would be covering him one on one. He will at times, but the Colts play cover two and cover three most of the time.

Wrong.

From the year 2000. He was a Viking, their stadium? The Hubert whatever Metrodome.

10/09 - TB - 5 for 118 TD
12/07 - GB - 4 for 136 TD
11/12 - ARI - 7 for 104 TD

From 2001

11/19 - NYG - 10 for 171 3 TD
12/09 - TEN - 7 for 158 TD

All of those games in Domes, and I'm skipping a bunch of them. Sorry, but he can play very well in a dome.

I could be wrong, but I'm guessing he meant the RCA Dome.

Like I stated earlier Moss has never had a good game in the Dome, it won't change this year.
You're a freakin' idiot. Moss started his career in Minnesota. Ever hear of the Metrodome, ya freakin' loser?

More like half of the Patriots defense was injured last year in the playoffs or stricken with the flu.

That sound a lot more like an excuse than anything that I have said. I'm just saying.

The Patriots have vastly improved themselves in the off-season with proven NFL commodities while the Colts have not.

How can we improve when we're about to be the third or fourth team in history to start a season 6-0 3 seasons straight. It's had to improve on that. Being 7-0 is new to Pats fans. We've been there done that.

You're a freakin' idiot. Moss started his career in Minnesota. Ever hear of the Metrodome, ya freakin' loser?

When i say the Dome i meant RCA Dome. Dungy knows how to hold him in check. He did it in Tampa also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back