Welcome to PatsFans.com

Role reversal for Tim Russert

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Fogbuster, Feb 8, 2007.

1. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Role reversal for Tim Russert

Feeling a bit "uncomfortable", Tim?? Uh-oh. What goes around....

"Russert on the Hot Seat in Libby Trial

Feb 08 10:38 AM US/Eastern

By MATT APUZZO
    Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON (AP) -- NBC's Tim Russert got the sort of "Meet the Press" interrogation he usually gives to his guests as attorneys Thursday flashed excerpts of his previous statements on a video monitor and asked him to explain inconsistencies.

Russert is the final witness for the prosecution in the perjury trial of former White House aide I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby. The broadcast journalist, who hosts the Sunday network television interview show, found his own scruples questioned during his second day on the witness stand.

Russert seemed uncomfortable at times as Libby's attorneys asked him to explain why he willingly told an FBI agent about a July 2003 conversation with Libby, then gave a sworn statement saying he would not testify about that conversation because it was confidential.

"Did you disclose in the affidavit to the court that you had already disclosed the contents of your conversation with Mr. Libby," Libby's attorneys Theodore Wells asked.

"As I've said sir ... " Russert began.

"It's a yes or no question," Wells interrupted.

"I'd like to answer it to the best of my ability," Russert said.

"This is a very simple question. Either it's in the affidavit or it's not?" Wells asked. "Did you disclose to the court that you had already communicated to the FBI the fact that you had communicated with Mr. Libby?"

"No," Russert said. ...............

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2007/02/08/D8N5K8FO0.html
  2. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +430 / 5 / -2

I really like Tim Russert. He asks some great questions, and I find Meet the Press to be an excellent show. I've got to read the link. I haven't had the patience to follow the Libby case. It's to he said, she said, for me. I figure I know how it's going to end, so why waste my time eh?
  3. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

i do believe this is the first post whereby our resident God Squader has actually tackled the Libby trial itself and not deflected to some non-story.... what progress! ThinkProgress, even... :rocker:
  4. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Didn't you hear? The whole Libby affair is Tim Russert's fault! There were inconsistencies in his story! Nevermind the stories Libby told...
  5. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

yeah, it's sorta like their pre-war intel claims... nevermind 99 indications it's wrong... it's the one "maybe" they all cling to and hang their hats on...
  6. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

You're saying that in starting this thread, Foghorn didn't give equal weight to all the evidence? Why, that would be just like following some parts of the bible and ignoring others.
  7. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

we all should just leave poor Tim Russert alone and stop kicking him when he's down... all this is going to do is lead to reciprocity against some Fox News pundit as "payback"..... it does no good....
  8. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

further, you gotta love this part at the end:

Libby's attorneys will take a similar approach to undercut the credibility of former New York Times reporter Judith Miller, who testified that Libby revealed Plame's identity to her. Defense attorney William Jeffress said he intends to call Miller's former boss, Times managing editor Jill Abramson, to try to refute Miller and question her credibility.

This is a woman who the administration completely leaned on to get their fraudulent pre-war intel out time after time after time after time, and she willingly played along, almost obsessed with "bad Iraq"... she was the perfect journalist for the Bush League.... yet now, they wanna undercut her credibility.... how poetically ironic....
  9. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +533 / 2 / -9

Why wouldn't Billy Blue Dress release his Medical Records to the public
  10. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Oh, there you go again, Harry, just "deflecting" again. At least excuse yourself next time!!

//
  11. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Man, God must hate you.