PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Roger Goodell needs to investigate blatant FA tampering (link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

upstater1

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
Yes, I know there is another Peter King thread but please: Bart Scott, Matt Cassel, Chris Canty revel in free agency madness - Peter King - SI.com

At the Scouting Combine the previous week, when it's supposed to be against NFL rules for teams to have discussions with agents for soon-to-be free agents, Blank had spoken to a number of teams about Canty, a 6-7 defensive end in a 3-4 defense who some teams thought could play defensive tackle in the 4-3. The teams, ostensibly, were feeling out the agents, and vice versa, about what level of compensation the player might get and what other teams might be interested.

One of the parties interested in Canty was Washington. Blank thought San Francisco, Tennessee and Seattle would also want in. There were others. Teams are smart enough not to blatantly offer contracts at the combine, but some of them come close. In this case, Blank made it clear to anyone asking that he expected the money to come in between $6 million and $8 million a year, hopefully closer to eight.

Now you tell me, since Goodell doesn't care about this stuff--apparently--and since Goodell already sent a memo out on this 2 years ago, warning teams not to do this, do the Patriots run the risk of once again losing a first rounder if Goodell arbitrarily decides to investigate and find the Patriots guilty? And then he covers his tracks by saying, "There's no evidence that any other team did this."

Goodell is completely biased, hypocritical, needs to be fired, and his unresponsiveness on this tampering will be more evidence of that fact. The guy is basically a thug/gangster

Last edited:
I like Roger Goodell.

I like Roger Goodell.

Don't worry, the feeling is mutual :rolleyes:

It's a wonder you guy's still suck balls with all the slack he cuts you. :D

p.s. Im kidding and just busting stones (sorta)

Don't worry, the feeling is mutual :rolleyes:

It's a wonder you guy's still suck balls with all the slack he cuts you. :D

p.s. Im kidding and just busting stones (sorta)

=====================================================

It's funny because if you did a poll on the Jets board you would find that most Jet fans hate Goodell and think he is in Krafts back pocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back