Welcome to PatsFans.com

Roger Ailes in 2012!

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, Oct 23, 2009.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

I know it searly, but this name is being floated about for a possible presidential bid in 2012.

wondering what the buzz would be from conservative voters. I already know what most liberals would think of this.

and if not Roger, who do you guys see as the frontrunner in 2012? I see Pawlenty, but my 'INs' in the republican party say he has a shady past, and will never get the nod.
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2009
  2. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +426 / 6 / -7

It'll probably be Huckabee or Romney.

Unfortunately for the GOP, whomever they nominate will likely be a sacrificial lamb.

I'm not sure what it is about Ailes that would lead people to believe that he'd be a good candidate.
  3. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +396 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

I don't know much about Ailes' politics.

I like Pawlenty, I like Gindal. I LOVE Gingrich but he won't win the nomination. I would be OK with Romney or Huckabee.

Like with most elections after one term it will be largely a referendum on the sitting President and that could go either way at this point.
  4. alvinnf

alvinnf Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 1 / -0

My prediction is Gingrich..... He's been on the sidelines long enough, he's ready.
  5. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

6. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +396 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

I think he'll run, I don't think he'll win. Not even the nomination. He may have had some personal issues in the past but if people though Palin wasn't ready, well Gingrich is a 180 from her, he knows pretty much everything.
  7. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +426 / 6 / -7

Gingrich wouldn't get anywhere.

Plus the skeletons in his closet are a little... repellent, to say the least.

Palin is a non-starter. I could see Huckabee. Not sure if Romney could win the nomination.

The GOP bench doesn't seem very impressive, at least from this far out.
  8. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +377 / 4 / -2

Gingrich is a loser, liar, hypocrite, and establishment guy. He's as fony as they come. He would never stand a chance nationally. Look at where he threw his endorsement up in NY. Gingrich is a party guy period. He doesn't care about principles as much as he leads people to believe. The guy was getting head while criticizing someone else for doing the same. He'll never get my vote.

As for 2012, it's a long time away. Lots can chage from now until then. If people told you in 2005 that Obama and McCain would be duking it out for the presidency in 2008, I think a lot of people would have said no way. Huckabee and Romney make sense, but who knows. Romney is a fony, and while Huckabee is a very personable guy, witty, and quick with a response, he's still got that untrustworthyness about him. I like the Huckster personally, but I'm not sure I trust him. Jindal did himself no favors last year with his national response. He sounded like Mr Rogers. Regardless, that won't matter much in 2 years. Pawlenty seems like a boring candidate too. The point is, it's way too early to handicap the GOP for 2012. I think more will depend on the state of the country, and the confidence it has in Obama. If he's Carter'esque, then anyone will have a chance against him. If he's popular, or things are in good shape, then no one will.
  9. alvinnf

alvinnf Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 1 / -0

You might be right. But, I think he makes the most sense, literally. No other candidate to me in the GOP has is as clear and concise as he is. Also, I don't think the core views of the Republican party lend themsleves to a candidate whom can have a meteoric rise like BO.
  10. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +241 / 8 / -26

Bet the dems already have corraborrated testimony regarding his indiscretions with senate pages in the parking lot... sick bastard, his wife was ill and he was getting BJ's in the car.. he knows a lot, but is dumb as hell.

He has been married 3 times, and during his Clinton Vendetta was knocking off a piece on the side during the hearings.. he has just converted from being a baptist to a Catholic, so all is forgiven.. mea culpa.

Do not think he will do well as the leader of the Party of Family Values..
  11. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Cheney.....?
  12. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +241 / 8 / -26

That would be interesting.. is he eligible???
  13. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

One can only dream.
  14. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Why Gindal? I see nothing about him that comes close to substantial, never mind presidential. Am I missing something?
  15. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

He is brown-er than most in his party. You think MIchael Steele was put in place because he is a good speaker with good ideas?

I'll give Jindal a lot more credit than Steele, he at least SEEMS like he has a brain.

anyway, I've said this before qand I'll say it again....the only candidate who could beat Obama as I type this is Ron Paul. Too Bad the republicans can't change.
  16. alvinnf

alvinnf Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 1 / -0

We all deal with grief differently.....
  17. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +396 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

I like him. Liking a politician is more an art than a science and when I see him, like on Hannity tonight, he has the combination I look for of good answers, well spoken, intelligent. Of course I could sour on him if/when he runs for President and I see a lot more of him but, again, I agree with him on most issues and he comes across as well thought out, well spoken and intelligent. The type who, when asked a question I look forward to his answer. I was OK with Bush in 2000 and with McCain/Palin last year but with all three I was more worried about a bad answer than expecting a good one. With Gindal, and the others I listed, I have little to no concerns about a good answer and almost always get what I consider to be a strong answer.
  18. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +396 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

He's still one of the most capable people in the country to run the country. obama has a few skeletons too but no-one seemed to care.
  19. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +241 / 8 / -26

Not sure how the "Party of Family Values" can stand behind him, after the last 8 years of dirty tricks and their intensification in the past 9 months.. every sordid detail would come out and would be a huge roadside attraction..

Not sure the republicans would want to put millions behind him...

He is smart and knows the issues better than most, but these are not minor skeletons... consider his attack on Clinton, all the while having an extramarital affair at the same time... that is cause for an unparalleled response from the Democrats.. sure there are strategist salivating for the opportunity.
  20. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +377 / 4 / -2

I'm with Daryl here. I don't think Gingrich is electable nationally. The base, or his base, will certainly support him, but outside of that pool of voters, who else will? The guy is a hypocrite. He might be smart, he might be shrewd, but in the end, he's unelectable IMO.