PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Roethlisberger's voted the most disliked player in SB XLV, 4th in NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.

furley

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I would say, Hines Ward would be the likely second most disliked player in Super Bowl XLV.

I often try to be objective, but I've a hard time seeing why Brady's ranked fourth among the league's most disliked quarterbacks. Success breeds contempt? Maybe, it's that he's viewed nationally as a complainer to the referees. I don't know... Wait. Where would Peyton Manning be ranked...? Personally, I find his TV commercials irksome. And what of Philip Rivers or Jay Cutler or Tony Romo or Mark Sanchez? I'm sure that one could find faults with their personalities too.

Other poll details include:

The results show that Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is the most disliked player going into Sunday's game and the fourth most disliked player in the league -- behind Brett Favre, Michael Vick and Tom Brady.

THR POLL: Super Bowl Headed for Record Ratings - The Hollywood Reporter

familiarity breeds contempt

Tom Brady is one of the most disliked players? Along with a rapist,former convict dog killer and an old perv stalker.wtf...what has this guy done actually? Did he kill somebody without my knowing or what? He's a ******* choir boy compared to most nfl players.People hate winners i guess.

"Democrats and non-whites are rooting for the Steelers while whites and Republicans are rooting for the Packers"

LOL, I'm in the company with a bunch of conservatives.

Last edited:
Am i going to get chased out of here with pitchforks and torches if i admit that i like Peyton Manning?

Am i going to get chased out of here with pitchforks and torches if i admit that i like Peyton Manning?

Nah...baseball bats and crowbars.

Last edited:
It kind of blows me away that Tom is so hated.

A testimony to pettiness.

i talk with alot of fans from differant fanbases and you would be surprised how much they think he is a whiny angry pretty-boy who cries to the refs and also cheats, i think i got everything there.

A friend of mine told me once that he dislikes Brady because he "doesn't look like a quarterback but like a model/celebrity." I think most people think Brady is smug, that he is thinks he's smarter (or looks smarter) than the rest of the nfl (Cutler, romo, favre etc), like belichick. I can understand the smug remarks. But since when was being smart a bad thing.

No, we'll just assume that you are insane or were mistreated as a child.

A friend of mine told me once that he dislikes Brady because he "doesn't look like a quarterback but like a model/celebrity." I think most people think Brady is smug, that he is thinks he's smarter (or looks smarter) than the rest of the nfl (Cutler, romo, favre etc), like belichick. I can understand the smug remarks. But since when was being smart a bad thing.

Sadly much of our society today feels that smart is not a desirable trait. Look at what happens to kids in inner city schools who "act white" by applying themselves in school.

The majority of folks 'hating' Tommy Boy are jealous, of him, his looks, his winning, his wife...everything.

Last edited by a moderator:
brady = justin bieber with uggs

the poll is understandable......although putting him up there with a couple of criminals and favre is bizarre

I would say, Hines Ward would be the likely second most disliked player in Super Bowl XLV.

I often try to be objective, but I've a hard time seeing why Brady's ranked fourth among the league's most disliked quarterbacks. Success breeds contempt? Maybe, it's that he's viewed nationally as a complainer to the referees. I don't know... Wait. Where would Peyton Manning be ranked...? Personally, I find his TV commercials irksome. And what of Philip Rivers or Jay Cutler or Tony Romo or Mark Sanchez? I'm sure that one could find faults with their personalities too.

THR POLL: Super Bowl Headed for Record Ratings - The Hollywood Reporter

I have to believe that the reasons for surrounding each one on the list are completely different..

Brady's dominance and the fact he plays for BB has probably a lot to do with it..

Vick?? obvious.... dog killing!

Rothlesburger?? Rapist

Farve?? baby who cant make up his mind.... and of course now we have those text messages..

It's right up there on the opposing fan offenses list with being a pain in the ass attention whore, a dog killer, or an accused accused rapist when your own QB isn't nearly as smart. Jealousy is all it is. Most of the people who vote in these polls would give their left nut for either Brady or Belichick leading their team...especially if they are banking on the likes of Cutler or Romo, etc.

Sadly much of our society today feels that smart is not a desirable trait. Look at what happens to kids in inner city schools who "act white" by applying themselves on school.

The majority of folks 'hating' Tommy Boy are jealous, of him, his looks, his winning, his wife...everything.

So a few months back I was at a golf course, and was paired up with 3 Giants fans. The conversation was cool, very civil. I congratulated them on that Super Bowl victory, and they thanked me.

Then one of them blurts out "Patriots are a good team, but I hate Tom Brady."

The rest of them agreed with their buddy.

Curious, I ask "Other then his professional, and personal success, why would you hate him?"

Long pause. Then one says "Remember before the super bowl? That arrogant prick laughed at Plaxico's prediction. He disrespected our defense!"

Another chimes in "Yeah, he's ****y prick."

I just shook my head. This wasn't the first time I've heard people use that example as a reason not to like him. Nevermind the fact that the context of the conversation was that Brady was made aware of Plaxico's prediction, and JOKINGLY questioned the Patriots point total in the prediction. He did not scoff at the prediction, he only said "cmon, Plax can't we lose 38-37? Why we only scoring 14 points?"

To anybody devoid of a pre-bias, that was obviously a tongue in cheek reply to a silly prediction. There was NOTHING malicious, or disrespectful in that statement.

I could have tried to explain this to my Giant freinds, but it would have been a fruitless conversation. They had already made up there minds they were going to hate Tom Brady no matter what.

But make no mistake about it. It's the winning, it's the good looks, it's the media praise, its all he's accomplished that makes him hated. It seems alot of haters will try to bend there rationalizations to a pretzel to justify there stance. But, essentially what it comes down to is an emotion predicated by insecurity.

Is TFB the most jealous or most hated? I think those are two different things.

When I've asked people I know why they hate Brady, they often mention Brady's kid outside marriage.

"Democrats and non-whites are rooting for the Steelers while whites and Republicans are rooting for the Packers"

LOL, I'm in the company with a bunch of conservatives.

Well, they've already made their stance on Obama known lol

When I've asked people I know why they hate Brady, they often mention Brady's kid outside marriage.

wow, there you have it! Deport the bum! I had no idea this was 1948. Its actually still 'frowned upon' to have a child before marriage? That really blows me away that THATS the reason you hate a guy.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing