Status
Not open for further replies.

mikey

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Was this posted?

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_3524493

Pittsburgh

There's concern about Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger's attitude. Some are worried his early success could affect his work ethic.

Roethlisberger, 23, is the youngest quarterback to win a Super Bowl. League insiders wonder if Steelers coach Bill Cowher will be able to get him to realize he still must improve despite the adulation he's received after winning the title.

Many scouts believe Roethlisberger needs to work on several aspects of his game before he can be considered an elite quarterback.

He needs to work on accuracy and consistency. Rarely has he taken over games, and he struggled much of the Super Bowl. But will he be willing to work to get better after winning a championship so soon?

Roethlisberger raised eyebrows when he turned down a chance to replace Broncos quarterback Jake Plummer in the Pro Bowl and went to the Grammy Awards instead. Roethlisberger is enjoying himself, but it will be up to Cowher to show him he still has plenty of work to do.

mikey said:
Roethlisberger is enjoying himself, but it will be up to Cowher to show him he still has plenty of work to do.

Maybe this will light fire under his butt...

Super Bowl QB ratings:

Ben Roethlisberger: 22.6

Tony Eason: 39.6

Murphys95 said:
Maybe this will light fire under his butt...

Super Bowl QB ratings:

Ben Roethlisberger: 22.6

Tony Eason: 39.6

In all fairness to Eason, I don't anybody was going to stop the Bears that year
and that may have been the greatest defense of the mdern era. I say that as a Pats fan and wonder how any mortal QB would have done. Wrong place, wrong time for any AFC team that year.....

I wonder how he'll handle the pressure of being defending champ and have every team giving their best shot week in and week out. Honestly, I don't think he's got the mental toughness to do it, though I hope Pittsburgh makes the playoffs so we can knock them out.

Was that his first Pro Bowl? Then maybe a little of the raising eyebrow. The Pro Bowl is a waste of time. No one watches it, No one cares about it and the players would rather not play in it. Getting named to the Pro Bowl is the pinnacle of the event. I wouldn't read to much into his avoiding it.

i'd go to the grammys too

scout said:
Was that his first Pro Bowl? Then maybe a little of the raising eyebrow. The Pro Bowl is a waste of time. No one watches it, No one cares about it and the players would rather not play in it. Getting named to the Pro Bowl is the pinnacle of the event. I wouldn't read to much into his avoiding it.
lotta skin on display, lotta strange parties at the grammys. what do you prefer, that or chattin' up ol' peyton?
brady is highly unusual. rothlisbrerger (sic) is more typical of a kid out of Miami of Ohio who's had 2 ridiculous seasons. mikes in his face everywhere he turns. you should see the way women scream and throw themselves at nfl athletes as they leave the locker room. for a kid having the past 2 years he's had, his reaction is more normal.
smile. the nfl humbles everybody.

While I think the Grammys stink and I always forget that they are on, I agree that Ben's reaction is pretty normal for a guy his age in the face of so much sudden adulation at a young age. But one of these days he's going to have to live the flip side...what happens when you don't play well and everyone forgets you even exist.

it'll go like this.

Bella*chick said:
While I think the Grammys stink and I always forget that they are on, I agree that Ben's reaction is pretty normal for a guy his age in the face of so much sudden adulation at a young age. But one of these days he's going to have to live the flip side...what happens when you don't play well and everyone forgets you even exist.
you don't play well, they boo the $h!t out of you at your home field. your ribs and your knee hurt bad. a LB hit you hard enough to start the birdies singing in the 3rd qtr. you were dizzy a couple plays. on the second play you fumbled.
you're supposed to do some photo op for the team the next morning.
several people come up to you at your car. one, a kid, starts giving you $h!t for some play in the second quarter.
next week you throw 4 interceptions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes