Rodney's knee brace, he's getting better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Box_O_Rocks

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Brownfan80 said:
Eesh, maybe I'm just a worry-wart, but I'd rather him play with that bad boy on, cumbersome or not. lol.
You could see the improvement to his change of direction speed/quickness in the Miami game - you've got to let them grow up, you can't protect them forever Papa.

Box_O_Rocks said:
You could see the improvement to his change of direction speed/quickness in the Miami game - you've got to let them grow up, you can't protect them forever Papa.

I guess you're right. :) And yeah, I did notice that in the Miami game as well. Good for him. Rodney is an inspiration.

Do you want to be the one to tell Rodney he has to wear his knee brace?

Judging by the way he took on Ronnie Brown last Sunday, he's just about totally back which is bad news for the remaining 11 teams:rocker:.

Interesting how he had he wouldn't wear it for the Colts game. Wonder if he has that one circled on his calendar.

Does that mean he will be wearing it for the Buffalo game?

Any orthopedic sports surgeons on the board ? Or has anyone a reference to any articles on the the subject:

I'd be curious to know if a surgically repaired knee like Rodney's will always be weaker and more likely to be retorn ? I suppose one might think that would be the case. But on the other hand, depending on how the repair is done, there might be a possibility that it might be constructed to be more resistant to damage ? Then there would be the question of risk depending on how long the repair was allowed to heal before being subjected to NFL safety type stress. Or, even if the risk was no greater, you could imagine that the ultimate flexibility of the knee might never be the same again.

Any info ?

Bella*chick said:
Interesting how he had he wouldn't wear it for the Colts game. Wonder if he has that one circled on his calendar.

They have a pretty good running game, so I'm guessing yes. Hell want to keep that thing stable when he's plugging holes to stop McGahee.

Bella*chick said:

I'm sure it's because he'll be playing the pass more vs. the Colts and in run support more vs. the Bills.

BelichickFan said:
I'm sure it's because he'll be playing the pass more vs. the Colts and in run support more vs. the Bills.

Yeah, I thought of that the second I posted it, then preferred to be alone with my vision of Rodney and a calendar with the date of the Colts game circled in red.:D

From what I know. You want to take that brace off and let the knee get stronger again.

It seems like he is doing the right thing by weening himself off it.

I guess the tendons won't get any "stronger" but the surrounding muscles will.

My 2-cents from what I have been told in the Army and sports teams I have played on.

arrellbee said:
Any orthopedic sports surgeons on the board ? Or has anyone a reference to any articles on the the subject:

I'd be curious to know if a surgically repaired knee like Rodney's will always be weaker and more likely to be retorn ? I suppose one might think that would be the case. But on the other hand, depending on how the repair is done, there might be a possibility that it might be constructed to be more resistant to damage ? Then there would be the question of risk depending on how long the repair was allowed to heal before being subjected to NFL safety type stress. Or, even if the risk was no greater, you could imagine that the ultimate flexibility of the knee might never be the same again.

Any info ?

There was someone on another thread who posted about ligament injuries and obviously knew what they were talking about medically (physiotherapist?) but then said "I could go on but I'd probably bore you". I wanted to post: "no, please go on, I find this stuff fascinating!" If s/he is reading, perhaps they'll help.

My 2 cents. I think Rodney is definitely doing the right thing. A brace restricts movement and thus protects a joint that is weak in a certain direction by making it more difficult to twist in that direction but it doesn't "support" the joint in the sense of strengthening it. That's only my experience as a patient (and for a much, much less serious injury than Rodney's)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down