PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rodney's done (at least for this year). What should the Pats do?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What would you like to see the Pats do now?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what the pats should do but bringing Lynch in seems like a logical move for depth though, maybe a sort of like for like move. Then again he was cut.

IS it time to reinvent the Don Davis saftey?

I could see BB in his dungen now, thinking about putting Adalius Thomas at Strong Saftey up at the line moving Crable and /or Woods (who I think still stinks) to OLB. I loved it in the regular season when BB moved Thomas out on Buress to jam him at the line near the goaline (gee, I can think of another time, where that might have been helpful). I have always thought that Thomas is better at ILB than OLB, but a hybrid strong saftey and blitzing maybe that could do the trick.

Yes, I think it's time. But bring Seau back and free up Guyton to play the hybrid strong safety position. Guyton has the speed to do it and Seau, rotating with Bruschi, has the leadership.

Does anyone know the exact reason Lynch was cut?

Does anyone know the exact reason Lynch was cut?

You got about as much luck prying that out of BB as injury information. But coverage was never his strength and he'd definitely lost a step. They may bring him in for depth and veteran presence, but it's hard to lead from the bench and he supposedly wanted a guarantee (from Denver too) that he'd start and unless he's now willing to rotate and mentor and work in sub packages I don't think he can fill the void, just maybe mitigate it a little.

Bring in Lynch as the third safety. BM should be starting now.

I wouldn't mind them bringing in Seau, but I am thinking it will be Lynch.

I really think at this point Ty Law won't be back.

Just to throw this out there cause no one has mentioned it yet, and I'm not saying I'm advocating it either...its just..a possibility..

there is a safety out there that already knows our system very well, and is not playing currently..

Eugene Wilson.

Just to throw this out there cause no one has mentioned it yet, and I'm not saying I'm advocating it either...its just..a possibility..

there is a safety out there that already knows our system very well, and is not playing currently..

Eugene Wilson.

Hm. What was the story with being rid of him?

Was it the money or a personality clash or...?

Is Eugene Wilson even a FA?If so, it makes sense to bring him back!!

I think I would rather see Artrell Hawkins come back.

When did Wilson get cut by Houston? I thought he was on their active roster?

When did Wilson get cut by Houston? I thought he was on their active roster?

You are correct, he IS on their active roster...I don't know why I thought he was cut...:confused:

I still want this team to give Law a call before bringing Lynch in here.I do think that Merriweather is really for a full time role.

You are correct, he IS on their active roster...I don't know why I thought he was cut...:confused:

Yeah, I remember seeing that, too, on the NFL transactions wire....weird.

I thought I would drop by the pro shop when this question popped up as i knew the lynch shirt dropped down to $25 like other guy no longer on our roster. If there was a sniff he could be back the shirt's price would increase and it's jumped back up to $79.

I thought I would drop by the pro shop when this question popped up as i knew the lynch shirt dropped down to $25 like other guy no longer on our roster. If there was a sniff he could be back the shirt's price would increase and it's jumped back up to $79.

The Pro Shop knows.

I would like the Pats to do what they will do.

NOT A DAMN THING!

Belichick has been wrestling with the problem of sitting a very slowed Rodney down,without losing his leadership or wrecking the lockeroom psyche. Now that issue is solved for him. James Sanders goes to the position that he is suited for, that is Strong Safety. Sanders has been set back trying to be a FS or in Belispeak the RS. He is a natural LS, i.e. SS.

Meriwether becomes a full time FS, the position that he was drafted as a #1, to play. The Safety position will be much better next season, (and probably this season too, eventually), as Sanders and Meriwether settle in to the full time positions.

Rodney heads into retirement, with a Victory.

When Tank returns from IR, next year the Safety position will be fully rebuilt. :cool:

Last edited:

Could be an increase based on Spec, too though.

Still, this seems the very most likely move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back