PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rodney : voted NFL's dirtiest player (again), and his thoughts on it

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-ShirtDynasty

Reaction score
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/players/10/17/poll.1017/

Based on a survey of 361 players... Rodney's the winner. (This list looks an awful lot like the "most feared" list they put out a month ago or so).

Funny that Tom Brady was the only QB to get a vote for being a dirty player. :rofl:

Rodney's take?
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/players/10/17/first.person1023/
On players voting him the dirtiest player in the league
I'm not dirty. I'm a hard-nosed football player. I play to the whistle. I'm not going to be your friend. I don't want to go to parties with you. I don't need you. But at the end of the game I'll pat you on the butt and say, 'Good game.' Guys think that I'm dirty because I play football the old-school way.
t1_harrison.jpg

Re: Rodney : NFL's dirtiest player, and his thoughts on it

Rodney Rules....

nuff said.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/players/10/17/poll.1017/

Based on a survey of 361 players... Rodney's the winner. (This list looks an awful lot like the "most feared" list they put out a month ago or so).

Funny that Tom Brady was the only QB to get a vote for being a dirty player. :rofl:

Rodney's take?
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/players/10/17/first.person1023/
t1_harrison.jpg

he's a plumber too?? wow! NFL safety, father, referee, plumber...talk about a jack of all trades...

I'm just thrilled that Rodney was once again eligible to compete for the title. :D

Maybe this has something to do with it.

"When those big WR's are coming, when those big TE's are coming, when those big RB's are coming, those 4.4 guys turn in to 4.7 guys and us 4.6 guys turn in to 4.4 guys" Rodney Harrison

He brings the Hell and they just think it's dirty.:rocker:

From the liner notes on the poll:

"The only QB to draw a vote was Patriot Tom Brady...."

... Wtf? Tom's dirty?

Brownfan80 said:

... Wtf? Tom's dirty?

Due to Gillette's crappy field condition.

Flying Fungi said:
he's a plumber too?? wow! NFL safety, father, referee, plumber...talk about a jack of all trades...

When you're a father you're often a referee and a plumber by default...hehe...

John Lynch, Broncos.....3%

Have these people ever watched the donks play? The whole team is dirty. :(

Michael said:
John Lynch, Broncos.....3%

Have these people ever watched the donks play? The whole team is dirty. :(

Lynch at 3%---that just shows that actual validity of the poll.

Brownfan80 said:

... Wtf? Tom's dirty?

Actually, this doesn't surprise me. As far as QBs go, Tommy's pretty dirty. He'll do anything to win.

Brownfan80 said:

... Wtf? Tom's dirty?
That vote was cast by Matt Cassel.

len_mullen said:
That vote was cast by Matt Cassel.

Are you sure? I thought it was Drew Bledsoe... :D

Michigan Dave said:
Actually, this doesn't surprise me. As far as QBs go, Tommy's pretty dirty. He'll do anything to win.

I guess I just look at the term 'dirty' in football as though it means that a player will do something going against football ethics to win. They'd cheat or try to injure you on purpose or something to that effect. I've never played organized football at a high level before, so maybe dirty means something I'm not getting.

Brownfan80 said:
I guess I just look at the term 'dirty' in football as though it means that a player will do something going against football ethics to win. They'd cheat or try to injure you on purpose or something to that effect. I've never played organized football at a high level before, so maybe dirty means something I'm not getting.

No, that's exactly what "dirty" means. But, Tommy's a guy who talks a lot of junk, and will try to get an edge in any way. Someone probably threw the vote out there for that.

Michigan Dave said:
No, that's exactly what "dirty" means. But, Tommy's a guy who talks a lot of junk, and will try to get an edge in any way. Someone probably threw the vote out there for that.

Gotcha. You can always see Tom yelling at guys on the field, but the sound engineers never catch what he's saying (intentionally, probably).

I'd love to hear him mic'd up, though it'd probably be far too colorful for TV.

I can't imagine our little Tommy yelling anything worse that "gosh" or "gee willikers."

Rodney is god, what else can I say

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back