PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rodney: "Unlike last year's Super Bowl..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
LMAO, some of you are such hypocrites. You guys would be red in the face if an opposing player said that.

Sour grapes Rodney. Not that I can blame him.

Did you see him say it? He had a grin on his face. He was just being proud of his team and giving them a little rub. He wasn't bitter. I think people are making something out of nothing.

Rodney was wrong though....the best team didn't win this SB.

Cardinals were better than the Squeelers today.

Big Ben cemented his legacy. Warner didn't.

Seriously, if anyone can blast Kordell Stewart/Marshall Faulk when they said this about us in 2001 then turn around and applaud Rodney for this that's a joke.

Homerism is what being a Patriots fan is all about. I'm DEAD serious too. If you are a true die-hard Pats fan, you are supposed to be a homer. If you see yourself as a "fan of football", then you're not a die-hard Pats fan. Of course this applies to any fan of any NFL team.

So in any discussion of our beloved Patriots, we're always going to lean toward defending or bragging about our team...that's just the way it's supposed to work.

Considering that Rodney has gone out of his way giving props to Tyree for that catch (even reenacting it on HBO), its a little surprising for him to say something like. Leave that type of sore loser talk for Marshall Faulk.

He said it jokingly. Jesus, some of you need to lighten up.

I'm so glad this stupid, annoying, frustrating season is over. Time to move on....

didn't we give Kordell Stewart a hard time for making similar statements in 2001, calling it sour grapes?

WGAFF? Let's chillax everyone, 2008 (and 2007) is behind us. Let's move on dot org.

In 2001, The Pats weren't the 'better team', but they won- in 2007, they were the 'better team', but they lost? Is that how it works? because if that's the case, then being the better team is pretty much irrelevant...

In 2001, The Pats weren't the 'better team', but they won- in 2007, they were the 'better team', but they lost? Is that how it works? because if that's the case, then being the better team is pretty much irrelevant...

I'll help you out, but I'm only going to explain once. The Patriots are ALWAYS the better team. If we lose, we have excuses or REASONS...but we're still the better team. Except this year because Brady was out the entire year. But if there had been a chance Brady would return at any point last year, we would have been the better team had Brady returned but since that wasn't the case, this year, we weren't the better team.

Moving forward, we are the better team again...unless something happens.:D

LOL - Is Wade Phillips surfing this board tonight?:eek:

This seems like a "water is wet" comment to me. The Patriots were the better team and should have finished off an undefeated season. The Giants got quite a few breaks and won a game they shouldn't have. They certainly deserve credit for playing the Patriots close enough where those breaks were enough to win that game. The Patriots were usually ahead by enough that Brady missing a receiver, or a defender dropping an INT were not a factor in the outcome of a game.

I did cringe every time they called holding in this years Super Bowl....would have been nice to hear that whistle on a particular play last year.

A little irony here is that Rodney is directly responsible for the rise of Warner. Rodney was the one wit the "late" hit on Trent Green paving the way for the Greatest Show On Turf and Warner's 2 league MVPs.

I guess that is not a good thing to think about. Its like Cassel sending Bernard Pollard a Rolex after signing his 30M offer in a few weeks.

Isn't that rich-giving a Patriot "direct responsibility" for the success of another. Eventually Warner gets his shot regardless of what happened to Green.

Re: Rodney's comments catch on in the ny media

Attaboy Rodney!

As one poster said about Kurt Warner, get over it.

Bush league, Rodney.

Move on.

When I heard the comment, it looked like some tongue-in-cheek humor to me. However, he should have known that he would be taken to task for the comment and kept the words to himself. It's as if he had quickly forgotten BB's training the players with their public comments, and/or he was coached up by a tv producer to say something like this.

When I heard the comment, it looked like some tongue-in-cheek humor to me. However, he should have known that he would be taken to task for the comment and kept the words to himself. It's as if he had quickly forgotten BB's training the players with their public comments, and/or he was coached up by a tv producer to say something like this.

yeah i felt ,he didnt need to say it .But he was also gracious enough to talk about the tyree play at length giving all the credit to the giants.

Or it's as if he is attempting to generate buzz to position himself for a post-football broadcasting career. If so, mission accomplished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back