PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rodney: "This is the worst run defense we have played since i have been here"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Rodney:"This is the worst run defense we have played since i have been here"

BTW Rodney has earned the right to call his teamates out. No one in this fan base has done a damn thing to earn that right. And Rodney didn't use terms like disgraceful. I don't know where some of you people came from, but I'm pretty sure you were never avid Patriots fans before you signed on here...and if this 12-0 team truly embarasses you, why don't you just find something else to do on Sunday's and Monday's and leave this place for actual hard core Pats fans.

I'll note that MoLewisrocks believes that only ex-players and current players with Super Bowl rings are allowed to criticize the team, or else they're not hardcore Patriots fans.

Could everyone here with a Super Bowl ring please step forward? The rest of us will gladly leave.

> The second half actually defined our run defense and really should be what we're all talking about.

Well, you can't throw out a whole half because it wasn't what you want. But, we've had a few games where we were getting beat real bad by the run in the 1st half, but become stout in the 2nd. I'm curious whether the defense doesn't fully commit to stop the run at the expense of the passing game in the 1st half, then adjust in the 2nd. I'm curious to see running yards allowed per half by the Pats defense for last night.

Re: Rodney:"This is the worst run defense we have played since i have been here"

The second half actually defined our run defense and really should be what we're all talking about.

Are you sure about that representation? Or was it just 8 men in the box after the Boller pick (knowing that they'd now ask McGhahee to win the game)?

With Manning on the other side of the LOS they would not have had that opportunity to bring the extra man (Rodney) up. They knew Boller would be handcuffed by the coach.

That was a mental adjustment and then a physical adjustment that made it very difficult to run the ball.

> The second half actually defined our run defense and really should be what we're all talking about.

Well, you can't throw out a whole half because it wasn't what you want. But, we've had a few games where we were getting beat real bad by the run in the 1st half, but become stout in the 2nd. I'm curious whether the defense doesn't fully commit to stop the run at the expense of the passing game in the 1st half, then adjust in the 2nd. I'm curious to see running yards allowed per half by the Pats defense for last night.

What I saw in the first half was AD getting turned around on a lot of plays and in the 2nd half, they brought Rodney up to the line of scrimmage more, where he made a few key plays. Not sure why they didn't make this adjustment earlier. hopefully, the AD breakdowns were the result of new adjustments with Rosie being out that will improve in the future

I'll note that MoLewisrocks believes that only ex-players and current players with Super Bowl rings are allowed to criticize the team, or else they're not hardcore Patriots fans.

Could everyone here with a Super Bowl ring please step forward? The rest of us will gladly leave.

You apparently have no idea what I believe. I can be pretty critical, what I never am is disrespectful of a team that has won 3 rings and half a dozen division titles in the last several years. A team that was routinely called disgusting, embarassing, pathetic and even ***gots in the game thread last night - not by other teams trolls, one of whom actually called some so-called Pats fans on their behavior, but by what I call resident trolls. Kneejerk, bandwaggon, spoiled front runner fans who trash talk this 12-0 team and individual players on it worse than any trolls Ian finally bans here.

You really need to get a grip. The logical extension of what you are saying here is that nobody is allowed to say anything negative in the slightest unless they have played in the NFL.

That's bull. It's one thing to criticize the team, it's another to be calling them a disgrace, and saying things like I'm done being a fan, when they're 11-0 and not playing well during a game. I'm not an old timer (I'm 24), but I still remember when they were a bad team in the early 90s, as well as the years after the 96 superbowl before BB came here. I never thought of them as a disgrace then, and always kept hope that they would win a super bowl someday. People should just enjoy this. Constructive criticism is fine, but if you want to call your team a disgrace, I'm sure the jets or dolphins might be better teams to root for.

That's bull. It's one thing to criticize the team, it's another to be calling them a disgrace, and saying things like I'm done being a fan, when they're 11-0 and not playing well during a game. I'm not an old timer (I'm 24), but I still remember when they were a bad team in the early 90s, as well as the years after the 96 superbowl before BB came here. I never thought of them as a disgrace then, and always kept hope that they would win a super bowl someday. People should just enjoy this. Constructive criticism is fine, but if you want to call your team a disgrace, I'm sure the jets or dolphins might be better teams to root for.

Maybe you should read more carefully and not jump to conclusions. The original comment was that the defense was a disgrace last evening, not that the team is a disgrace. Besides, this is a messageboard, not a kool-aide party.

Are you sure about that representation? Or was it just 8 men in the box after the Boller pick (knowing that they'd now ask McGhahee to win the game)?

With Manning on the other side of the LOS they would not have had that opportunity to bring the extra man (Rodney) up. They knew Boller would be handcuffed by the coach.

That was a mental adjustment and then a physical adjustment that made it very difficult to run the ball.

All I'm saying is that is was just like the game against the Colts where our defense came through when it needed to. Thats what defines a defense in my opinion. Not how bad they played in the first half.

I'm not saying we're without issues. We definately have some that need attention and correction.

I argee with everything Rodney said. The D was getting their butts handed to them it was like watching High schools play againest the Ravens. Hopefully the D grows ball a pair and starts kicking the other teams butts.

Belichick apparently touched on the fact in his PC that these guys are tired. 3 prime time night games in a row. And as Fred and Steve are eluding to in their post game comments, teams with nothing to lose are taking chances (include committing penalties some of which went uncalled for 3 quarters) and playing for their season by trying to knock off the best team in the league. Next week, Kyle Boller will suck again - just like Feeley. This week he played the best game of his career...for three quarters. But when it mattered most our disgraceful D stepped up. It's a 60 minute game, and all that counts is who's ahead when the clock runs out. Just like in 2001 or 2003 when our defense collapsed down the stretch on the way to a ring.

BTW Rodney has earned the right to call his teamates out. No one in this fan base has done a damn thing to earn that right. And Rodney didn't use terms like disgraceful. I don't know where some of you people came from, but I'm pretty sure you were never avid Patriots fans before you signed on here...and if this 12-0 team truly embarasses you, why don't you just find something else to do on Sunday's and Monday's and leave this place for actual hard core Pats fans.

I had access to the game thread.
SOME of the 'fans' posting there were the biggest quitters I've ever had the misfortune to see. They were the ones who were disgracefull, giving up early on. Apparently they've never paid attention to this ballclub's recent years' victories. Thank the gods that the Patriots players are not quiters like many of the fans who post here.

edit: I'm not saying that players' performances individually or as a unit are above concerted criticism, just calling out those fans who show no spine under game conditions

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back