Rodney Speaks his mind..

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarrylS

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
in Prov to address a turf convention, never knew they had conventions, once again speaks his mind about a couple of issues.. thank goodness he is on our side. Not a lot of insight as to whether or not he will be ready for TC in July though.

http://www.projo.com/patriots/content/sp_fbn_harrison07_03-07-07_BH4NUDN.356b0a6.html

Asked whether he would want to have petulant receiver Randy Moss as a teammate, a move that has been speculated about since the trade deadline last season, Harrison said, “If he shuts up and plays football. If he comes in here like a prima donna, I’m not going to tolerate it, Tedy (Bruschi) isn’t going to tolerate it. He’s not going to destroy this chemistry that we have.”

One man at the back of the room asked what happened to Freddie Mitchell, the former Eagles wideout who called out Harrison and the rest of the Pats secondary before Super Bowl XXXIX: “Who?” Harrison quipped. “I think he’s trying out for the Arena League. Maybe you have a position open for him. What a loser

As for the off-field issues that have league players in the news for the wrong reasons, Harrison believes that part of the problem is money: “You look at a guy like Pacman Jones (the Titans corner who most recently has allegedly been tied to a triple-shooting at a Las Vegas strip club), he’s obviously very talented, but I think the draft is set up wrong. You give a guy $12 million before he’s ever played a game in the NFL because he ran a fast time and had a good vertical (jump) at the Combine.

“I think it’s backwards. You work and what you earn, you get. For too many players today, it’s all about the money.”

Afterward, as he signed autographs and posed for pictures, Harrison spoke more about Thomas, the versatile linebacker the Patriots signed to a free-agent contract on Saturday:

“It’s definitely huge,” Harrison said. “I respect the way he plays. He’ll definitely add a dimension to the team; he can do it all. It’s a classic Bill Belichick move.”

Receiver Wes Welker, another new teammate, was “a pain in the butt” to deal with when he was with the Dolphins. “We had to double-team him because no one could stick with him man-to-man,” Harrison said.

great article

great article. appreciate the info.

rodney is a standup guy!!!:)

Asked whether he would want to have petulant receiver Randy Moss as a teammate, a move that has been speculated about since the trade deadline last season, Harrison said, “If he shuts up and plays football. If he comes in here like a prima donna, I’m not going to tolerate it, Tedy (Bruschi) isn’t going to tolerate it. He’s not going to destroy this chemistry that we have.”

Rodney is the man. lets get randy now because I trust what Rodney says.

I'm hiring Rodney as my public relations director when he retires from football.

//

great post. Go Rodney!!!

It's good to hear that our D had to focus on and double team Welker. BB has a knack for finding the "real" threat of his opposing teams and it looks like Welker was Miami's. When you've got Ronnie Brown, Chris Chambers and Randy Mcmicheal out there and Welker is getting doubled he must be pretty good. Not that Miami is an offensive powerhouse but they do have some weapons.

I love hearing Rodney speak about any topic. He's a real throwback.

I love that man. Rodney, will you marry me?

Rodney needs to learn to be more direct and to the point in his comments.....

Last edited:
i especially like what he says about Moss and he's doing the entire organization a favor to put it right out there.

Love Rodney...but he has become Mr Glass and the Pats need to draft his replacement

i especially like what he says about Moss and he's doing the entire organization a favor to put it right out there.

When Moss first started in Oakland and the Raiders opened the season in Foxborough, Belichick commented extensively on Moss. Naturally, he went out of his way to emphasize what a dangerous and difficult opponent he was, just as he does with players from every team that the Patriots are about to play. Then he was asked if Moss could play for the Patriots. Belichick's answer: "Why not?"

I have to say this article comes close to pissing me off.

Do you realize that Rodney has never hit a big pay day, not after going undrafted, not after busting his butt and going all out 100% on every play, not after the injuries and all the rehab, not after delivering for more than a decade.

Meanwhile, 1st round busts like Mike Williams and Akili Smith have gotten paid. Guys like Langston Walker have gotten paid. Rodney nothing.

Before the union argues about fairness for players, they should Rodney into consideration. Is the NFL a meritocracy? Hell no.

Now, I did say that this article ALMOST pissed me off because then after I reminded myself that Rodney has made millions. Hard to feel sorry for him at all, but he definitely has been taken advantage of by the system.

Love Rodney...but he has become Mr Glass and the Pats need to draft his replacement

rodney2.jpg

I thought that you were in China, not Utah.

I've got news for you, NUT -- they do polygamy there too! :D

From Wikipedia:

In Hong Kong, polygamy was banned in October 1971. [11][12] [13] However, it is still practised in Hong Kong and Macau. One example of this is Stanley Ho. Another is Lim Por Yen [14]. Some Hong Kong businessmen have concubines across the border in mainland China.[4]

Man-Lun Ng, M.D.of Humboldt University of Berlin reported the situation in Hong Kong: it was estimated that out of the approximately two million married couples in Hong Kong, about three hundred thousand husbands had mistresses in China (1996). In 1995, 40% of extramarital affairs involved an enduring long-term relationship with a stable partner. [15]
International Herald Tribune Kevin Murphy had reported the cross-border polygyny phenomenon in Hong Kong in 1995. [16]

The traditional attitude toward mistresses is reflected in the saying: "wife is not as good as concubine, concubine is not as good as prostitute, prostitute is not as good as secret affair, secret affair is not as good as the affair you want but can't get" (妻不如妾, 妾不如妓, 妓不如偷, 偷不如偷不到)[17]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye