PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rodney speaks at school for learning disabled

Status
Not open for further replies.

njpatsfan

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
http://www.ecnnews.com/cgi-bin/05/snstory.pl?-sec-News+1k589gO+fn-blandmark10-20060610-

Landmark graduates celebrate victory over dyslexia

By Martina Brendel
Staff writer

For the average high school student, obtaining a high school diploma is a cause for celebration.

For a student with dyslexia, it's like winning the Super Bowl.

Which is why it was more than fitting that the keynote address at Landmark School's graduation was given by Rodney Harrison, defensive captain for the three-time Super Bowl champion New England Patriots.

Graduating from high school is simply the first of many challenges they will face, Harrison told the 85 graduates of Landmark, a private school for students with language-based learning disabilities. Success, he said, comes only through hard work and a positive attitude.

More is available for paid subscribers - but it seems to imply that Rodney had to overcome dyslexia - something that I had never heard before.

R

Good article!!!! Did NOT know that either...

Although I see that as possible, reading this, I certainly don't think it's a foregone conclusion. If so I hope it doesn't piss him off when he hears the phrase "read and react."

PFnV

Tried to get to the bottom of it... I did find that Rodney has other dimensions we just have never heard about:

Rodney Harrison. Shared Landscapes: Archaeologies of Attachment and the Pastoral Industry in New South Wales
Australian Journal of Anthropology, The, August, 2005 by Tim Murray
Rodney Harrison. Shared Landscapes: Archaeologies of Attachment and the Pastoral Industry in New South Wales. Sydney: University of New South Wales Press Ltd, 2004. Pp.256, notes, bibliog., index. AUS$49.95 (Pb.), ISBN 0-86840-559-0.

"Not in my pasture. Not today. Not tomorrow..."

Rodney spoke at the Raiders training facility???!!! Thats kindda weird.

PatsFanInVa said:
Tried to get to the bottom of it... I did find that Rodney has other dimensions we just have never heard about:

Rodney Harrison. Shared Landscapes: Archaeologies of Attachment and the Pastoral Industry in New South Wales
Australian Journal of Anthropology, The, August, 2005 by Tim Murray
Rodney Harrison. Shared Landscapes: Archaeologies of Attachment and the Pastoral Industry in New South Wales. Sydney: University of New South Wales Press Ltd, 2004. Pp.256, notes, bibliog., index. AUS$49.95 (Pb.), ISBN 0-86840-559-0.

"Not in my pasture. Not today. Not tomorrow..."

I seriously doubt that has anything to do with the Rodney we know. There are multiple Rodney Harrison's in the world.

And last time I checked, Rodney does not live in Australia.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/search/2...lias=stripbooks&field-author=Harrison, Rodney

Last edited:
Rodney has had no problen reading what the offense are doing. The ones who have trouble reading are the ones that he hits. They just can't seem to focus their eyes after that.:rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes