PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rodney Running per NEST

Status
Not open for further replies.
you guys remember when he first game here..he poked Troy Brown in the eye in practice by accident lol..everyone hated his attitude and it was supposed to be Harrison - Milloy as the 2 safeties. then he started getting big hits..he was a vocal leader..he led our team in tackling in a lot of games..made the big plays when needed like the 1 in Pittsburgh for a TD. for me, hes easily become a favorite. i knew how tough and good he was in SD but coming here and becoming the leader was just great. love rodney..hope you get better soon

Hope he's not pushing it. I'd rather have him completely healed than worry about the first game.

I doubt he's rushing to make the first game I'm betting he got the doctors OK to start running and he knows he needs to rehab for no matter when he comes back. I am more in favor of using a PS spot on him then PUP that way he ready to be activated any time during the year that way if he is ready week 3-4 we don't have to wait

Prediction

if harrison returns to play anywhere near 100% for the next three seasons, he will become the next safety to go to the HoF (unless you count Rod Woodson who went to a few Pro Bowls as a safety and is at the head of the line for enshrinement among DBs).

yes, I realize how unpopular he is, and that he's not been to many pro bowls, but the career stats don't lie...nor did his impact on our defense when he went down (hurt 10x worse than losing Law for example).

His career numbers destroy John Lynch, who has been to a ridiculous number of pro bowls...six I think?

to me there's Ronnie Lott and then there's Harrison and then there's everyone else.

I'm not saying it will even happen within the next 15 years, but eventually he could make it.

Last edited:
Here is something I heard Rodney say a couple of months ago. I'm going from memory but I'll use quotation marks anyway.

"When the big back is coming, when the big TE is coming, and when some those big WR's are coming, a lot of those 4.3 guys turn into 4.7 guys. And, us 4.6 guys turn into 4.3 guys."

That is classic Rodney.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Where do you think he ranks, given 100% healthy? Top 3? Top 5?

Right now at this point in his career if he were 100% healthy I would say probably about 4. That is absolutely no knock on a 33 year old player though.

Isaac said:
I would like to hear who exactly are these other strong safeties in the league for whom you would trade Rodney Harrison.

...and if you think anyone in that locker room would agree with you.

Ed Reed
Adrian Wilson
Troy Polamalu
Roy Williams
Mike Brown

In that order.

Rodney might go to HOF..isnt he 1 of the very very few DBs to have over 25 sacks and 30 picks or something..i know ronde barber got a record for CBs on 20 sacks 25 picks

the taildragger said:
if harrison returns to play anywhere near 100% for the next three seasons, he will become the next safety to go to the HoF

I would hope that Rodney's career is already HOF-bound, not first-ballot, but he'll get in. Who else has there been over the course of his career? I recall someone posing the list of safeties that went to the Pro Bowl instead of Rodney, all of them are below Rodney at a career-level already.

too bad Rodney likely wont retire as a Patriot since he spent most of career as a Charger :(

Remix 6 said:
too bad Rodney likely wont retire as a Patriot since he spent most of career as a Charger :(

He won a couple super bowls here, I think he will have much fonder memories with the Patriots than with the Chargers. He'll retire as a Patriot.

Still..he was pretty successful at SD..id love him to retire as a Patriot but i just think spending 8 years as a Charger would lean there just because he got started there..a 5th rounder.

SuperPatriot33 said:
Hmmmm...running already?Did tomase mention if he was screaming as well?

No, that was Payton that you heard.

Rodney isn't going to the HoF. I love him, but that's a fact. There are only a handful of safeties in the HoF and, statistically Rodney isn't even close to the guys that are in.

JJDChE said:
Rodney isn't going to the HoF. I love him, but that's a fact. There are only a handful of safeties in the HoF and, statistically Rodney isn't even close to the guys that are in.

I kind of think the same thing and will no doubt get killed for it. But you're right, they don't just hand out spots in the HOF like candy. It takes a VERY special player to get into the hall and that means special to everyone, not just us.

huskeralk said:
He won a couple super bowls here, I think he will have much fonder memories with the Patriots than with the Chargers. He'll retire as a Patriot.

Doesn't seem like anyone really retires as a Patriot anymore though :(. Maybe McGinest, Bledsoe and Vinatieri will sign a 1 day contract in 5 years to retire Patriots.

I would have to think that Tom Brady will retire a Patriot!!!!

Maybe even Richard Seymour...

HC and I were watching Patriots DVDs yesterday and what a difference it was from 2001 with Lawyer to 2003 with Rodney! He LOVES it when people disrespect him or his team. He has only been here a short time, but he is one of my all time favorite Patriots! I really missed him last year and can't wait to see #37 out there again!

Stats Are There Baby!!!

I'm not putting a down payment on Harrison getting into canton, mainly because he plays a position that idiot journalists don't like to vote in.

but statistically, he's right on track...

not including 2-way players, there are 8 pure safeties in the Hall, most of which were cover guys or free safeties. More picks = more pro bowls = better odds of getting into hall of fame.

There are only two safeties in the Hall who had the size to play prototype strong safety: Ken Houston and Ronnie Lott.

Harrison has half as many picks as Lott, but three times as many sacks, and is outpacing Lott in total tackles. He's also not too far behind Ken Houston in interceptions.

potential hall of famers:

seasons INTs SKs FFs TKLs ASTs All Pro
Cliff Harris 10 29 - - - - 4
D.Woodson 11 22 11 18 800 165 4
R. Harrison 12 31 27 13 820 244 4
J. Lynch 13 26 12 14 637 286 4

playoff records
games int td
lott 20 9 2
harrison 10 6 1
harris 21 6 0

the case for harrison:

• best defensive 3-way threat in history (blitz, run force, coverage).
  • the most dominant strong safety for over a decade.
  • one of the most intimidating players in pro football history.
  • most clutch playoff performer at the safety position.
I had a cyber exchange with mike silver about rodney coming back the other day...one reason we absolutely need him is the DISRESPECT factor...god bless tom for trying last season, but that seriously backfired.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back