PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rodney Running per NEST

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
According to the Herald reporter Tomase, he said that Rodney has started running.

Four months before they start playing football for real and Rodney is now running.:rocker:

This can't be bad news. Although cutting and agility is usually the bigger problem vs. straight line speed.

still, for him to be running now is outstanding.

Awesome !

just cant wait to see him in field :D

Attachments

• my roddd.jpg
    my roddd.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 560
Usually about 1-2 months from "running" to "cutting"

BelichickFan said:
This can't be bad news. Although cutting and agility is usually the bigger problem vs. straight line speed.

This is good news. And, yes there is a differece between running in a straight line and cutting, stopping and starting, breaking quickly.

However I prefer to have this good news right now. You and huskeralk can see the glass half empty if you want.;)

Hmmmm...running already?Did tomase mention if he was screaming as well?

I was just playing the Panthers game in Week 2.

Man, the defense just has such a different feel to it when Rodney's in there.

PATSNUTme said:
This is good news. And, yes there is a differece between running in a straight line and cutting, stopping and starting, breaking quickly.

However I prefer to have this good news right now. You and huskeralk can see the glass half empty if you want.;)

Hahahahahaha, I don't see the glass half empty, I'm glad that Rodney is making progress and hope that he is available for the first game of the season. I simply don't think he's the best SS in the league anymore like you do.

Rodney! Rodney! Rodney!

(couldn't help myself)

I wonder whether Rodney was actually a better player during his time in San Diego than he has been with the Patriots. The guy is one of the best I've ever had the priviledge to watch. Of the hometeam players in my life, he's on a level with Laurence Taylor (grew up NYG fan), just in terms of being a joy to watch.

can't wait to see Rodney puttin on the hits once again!

huskeralk said:
Hahahahahaha, I don't see the glass half empty, I'm glad that Rodney is making progress and hope that he is available for the first game of the season. I simply don't think he's the best SS in the league anymore like you do.
Where do you think he ranks, given 100% healthy? Top 3? Top 5?

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Where do you think he ranks, given 100% healthy? Top 3? Top 5?

In history or currently in the NFL?

In history he's once-a-decade, IMHO

Currently? I wouldn't trade him for anybody else (would you?!?), but I do respect Polamalu and Dawkins.

huskeralk said:

Never said that he is the best SS in the league. He is the best SS that we have. And, even at 90%, I rather have him than any other safety in a big game.

I would like to hear who exactly are these other strong safeties in the league for whom you would trade Rodney Harrison.

...and if you think anyone in that locker room would agree with you.

i would trade Harrison for Ed Reed..younger..ball hawk..good against run and he can play SS and FS.

my favorite safeties in nfl are(no order)
Ed Reed
Rodney Harrison
Brian Dawkins
Sean Taylor
Gibril Wilson

Last edited:
hope his cartilage is ok

JJDChE said:
Usually about 1-2 months from "running" to "cutting"
i wonder if the knee is still numb, or is he starting to 5regain feeling? ussually with that kind og injury a nerve gets severed. i regrows, but takes about 20-24 months to do so.
surely he and his docs know what they're doing. hopefully he isn't overstressing the knee by running on it now.

doctors said 10-12 months usually to get back but hes older. McGahee came back well but he was a lot younger

best, shmest

huskeralk said:
i don't care if he's available for game 1. i'd rather see him come back foaming at the mouth around game 9, than coming back at 80% in game 1. to achieve what, anyway?
who cares if rodney is/isn't the best SS in the league? he keeps offenses on their heels when he's on the field, i know that. and with our DL that makes it real hard to gain yards running OR throwing.
best, shmest. just want him back throwing elbows, late hits, trash talking, blowing up sweeps, clotheslining WRs, guiding wilson. god only knows what he's doing in pileups.

Rodney is a unique individual. If anyone can come back from his type of injury its Rodney. He has the heart and soul of a Tasmanian Devil on steroids..... As tough and driven as he is, it doesn't make him stupid or rash.... If he's not 80% plus by opening day I doubt he will force his way onto the field. He's go on PUP and we'll see the Holy Terror return around week 7.....

We all love and fear ya, Rodney! :rocker:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back