PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rodney Laughs Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flounder

Rookie
Reaction score
Some great post-game quotes from Rodney in the Cincinnati Post. The last one had me laughing pretty hard:
http://news.cincypost.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061002/SPT03/610020309/1022

"I told Chad on the field, 'Thank you for motivating us. Because you really got us going,'" Harrison said, adding that Johnson couldn't say anything in response. "That was the first time I saw the bigmouth quiet."

"I think we passed his little test," said Harrison, who had five tackles Sunday. "His helmet still might be off from Cleveland," Harrison said, referring to the shot Johnson took from the Browns' Brian Russell two weeks ago. "Let me tell you, in this game, you play long enough - and he's a great, great player - but when you play long enough, we all get humbled. And it was awesome, awesome seeing him not score touchdowns and not dancing all over the field."

"I still think Freddie Mitchell's a better receiver than Chad," Harrison said, referring to the receiver who was taken 11 spots before Johnson in the 2001 draft but is now out of the league. "That's what I feel in my heart."

He then burst out in laughter - with the last laugh.

"That's what I feel in my heart."

LOL! Rodney cracks me up.

Not to distract from all of the "fun" surrounding Chad Johnson, but I just plain can't stand the guy. It isn't that he's not a good player. It isn't that he doesn't have a playful sense of humor. It isn't even his ostentatious gold teeth. . . .

. . . it's that he beat the hell out of his girlfriend, ran away from punishment, and only went back to face the music two years later when he was about to get drafted and he'd have to travel into the California jurisdiction. By the time he went back, the victim and the DA were lucky to get probation.

Just my two cents on what comes to mind every time I see his smiling pie hole on television. We need to shoot higher for our heroes.

Sundayjack said:
Not to distract from all of the "fun" surrounding Chad Johnson, but I just plain can't stand the guy. It isn't that he's not a good player. It isn't that he doesn't have a playful sense of humor. It isn't even his ostentatious gold teeth. . . .

. . . it's that he beat the hell out of his girlfriend, ran away from punishment, and only went back to face the music two years later when he was about to get drafted and he'd have to travel into the California jurisdiction. By the time he went back, the victim and the DA were lucky to get probation.

Just my two cents on what comes to mind every time I see his smiling pie hole on television. We need to shoot higher for our heroes.

As long as you feel the same way about Corey Dillon.

Sundayjack said:

I didn't know about CJ's beating a woman, but I already couldn't stand him because he acts like a TO in training without all of the calling out of teammates or pill episodes (yet?).

Rodney also had a GREAT interview today with Dale and Holley. Most interesting to me was that he had input into the game plan vs. the Bengals. I guess players' input is always welcome, but it sounded as if Rodney gave the coaches a little more than usual this week. I wonder what specifically....

shakadave said:
Rodney also had a GREAT interview today with Dale and Holley. Most interesting to me was that he had input into the game plan vs. the Bengals. I guess players' input is always welcome, but it sounded as if Rodney gave the coaches a little more than usual this week. I wonder what specifically....

Whatever it was....it worked!

Bella*chick said:
Whatever it was....it worked!
Somebody wrote into another message board I was looking at because this one was down (at least for me) that Rodney's knee "gave out". Anything to that? I hope not.

Fanfrom1960 said:
Somebody wrote into another message board I was looking at because this one was down (at least for me) that Rodney's knee "gave out". Anything to that? I hope not.

I have not heard anything of the sort. Given Rodney's post game demeanor I wouldn't suspect it either.

I guess we'll wait and see what the first injury report says, but I honestly heard nothing about this.

I did hear a little of Rodney on WEEI today.

He said that he kept telling Jackson that he was going to have a hard day. Jackosn kept talking back to hime. But, sometime late in the 3rd period, he said to Rodney "I guess you are right". :rocker:

BTW, if Rodney's knee "gave out" on him, why was he palying the entire game?

I havne't really minded CJ's act. It's obvious he was doing it to get a laugh, and it was nice to see BB throw it back at him. Howver after the game he wasn't the one out there talking crap about how they were a better team and should have won. CJ seems to be (and i could be wrong) someone who can take his medicine when he's been given it:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back