PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rodney introducing the team on MNF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julius

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Interesting way of introducing the offense and defense. He didn't mention any players by name. Instead he introduced them by position and gave a brief job description followed by "And they will knock your head off" Gotta love Rodney.

Julius said:
Interesting way of introducing the offense and defense. He didn't mention any players by name. Instead he introduced them by position and gave a brief job description followed by "And they will knock your head off" Gotta love Rodney.

"The assasins" :rocker: .

That was awesome. I find it somewhat disrespectful how they usually only name some of the players, though I'm sure that's how they are instructed to do it. Nice to see that Rodney is smarter than the man and knows how to introduce a team.

I agree with Isaac, like they cant allow 20 more seconds so they can say every name so they usually only name 5 or 6. I am glad NE went the team route, if you cannot name them all name none.

Julius said:

My first (of many) laugh out loud moments last night!! Way to do it right Rodney!!:p

I loved how he handled that.

And I really love how Rodney is throwing his body around and laying out the punishment again.

We all took note of that and I thought it was great. The Patriot Way.

It was great. I never saw it coming but, in retrospect, it seems like the obvious thing for him to do.

As much as I did not think about it then, I would expect this from #37 or any of the Patriots.

We were cracking up during that intro. I am sure the Pats fans loved it and everyone else was probably annoyed. I do think it is dumb to only name a few of the players. Either name them all or don't name any. Rodney's way was great!

Rodney showed ESPN and the country that he was not going along with their stoopid sh*t.

rodney2.jpg

My only problem is he didn't claim that the LBs would "knock your head off". I was sitting there saying "come on Rodney, you can come up with something better than that!"

anyone have a youtube link ?

Patjew said:
And I really love how Rodney is throwing his body around and laying out the punishment again.

I'm wearing my 37 jersey as I write this, but I have not yet seen Rodney throwing his body around or laying out punishment (except to Seymour's elbow). Am I missing something?

shakadave said:
I'm wearing my 37 jersey as I write this, but I have not yet seen Rodney throwing his body around or laying out punishment (except to Seymour's elbow). Am I missing something?

Unless you have only watched the first two games, yes you are missing something.

PATSNUTme said:
Unless you have only watched the first two games, yes you are missing something.

Definitely. As I was watching the game last night I was laughing cuz I kept seeing a 37 fly across the screen and smash into someone on almost every play.

zippo59 said:
Definitely. As I was watching the game last night I was laughing cuz I kept seeing a 37 fly across the screen and smash into someone on almost every play.
hahaha for sure, infact one play the dline stuffed the run and rodney comes flying in over top the entire pile missing everyone and the ref comes over to warn him about roughness hahha it was classic rodney

shakadave said:
To add to the other posters gently urging you to have your vision checked by a licensed professional eye doc type (as opposed to getting your eye's tested by a licensed professional beautician or terpsichorean ecdysiast), Rodney was admonished by the referee for diving into a tackle pile on the first defensive series at Minnesota. You may also wish to have your hearing tested (unless you wisely had Theisman and Kornheiser turned down during the game), they even mentioned Rodney's dive and the referee's actions.

Box_O_Rocks said:
To add to the other posters gently urging you to have your vision checked by a licensed professional eye doc type (as opposed to getting your eye's tested by a licensed professional beautician or terpsichorean ecdysiast), Rodney was admonished by the referee for diving into a tackle pile on the first defensive series at Minnesota. You may also wish to have your hearing tested (unless you wisely had Theisman and Kornheiser turned down during the game), they even mentioned Rodney's dive and the referee's actions.

Indeed I get to watch only when it's on national TV, and Monday night saw me in a bar with no volume on the TV. So he can fly over the pile, but has he clobbered a receiver holding the ball yet? Gil and Gino rarely mention him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes