Status
Not open for further replies.

pats1

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

August 07, 2006
Rodney's take

Patriots safety Rodney Harrison spoke with reporters after today's practice. He participated in individual drills in the workout, and ran with the scout-team defense. He joked that didn't remember ever being on the fourth string.

"It feels really good, all things considered," Harrison said, when asked how it felt to return to the practice field. "It's been a long time. A lot of nervous excitement, but it finally felt good to come out here and sneak past you guys and come out here and practice."

Asked if he doubted this day would come, Harrison said: "No, I never doubted it. I know some of you guys [in the media] might have doubted it, but I never doubted it. That just really served as motivation for me to focus, work extremely hard and just have my faith in God. It got me right here."

We'll have more from Harrison in a bit.

Posted By: mreiss | Time: 05:13:02 PM

Reiss just posted the rest of the interview:

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2006/08/more_from_rodne.html

August 07, 2006
More from Rodney

Any hesitation from you on the field today?

“You know what, I didn’t come here with the spirit of fear, I came here with a spirit of peace.

Why today?

“Because none of you guys [in the media] predicted today. I felt good about that.”

Was there one thing that drove you, motivated you?

“He’s 33 years old and he’ll never play again. That’s all the motivation I need.”

Posted By: mreiss | Time: 05:25:06 PM

Those last two quotes are classic Rodney. Man, it's great to have him back.

Even more from Rodney:

August 07, 2006
Rodney, Part III

When were you cleared to practice?

“When I stepped on the field.”

How about hitting, are you cleared for that?

“We’ll see. Just take it day by day.”

Do you think you’ll be ready to go for Buffalo, the season opener?

“I’m looking forward to tomorrow, to see if I can practice tomorrow. That’s what I’m looking forward to. I’m not worried about Buffalo and what happens in the near future.”

What is the significance of this day?

“One practice. That’s all.”

Posted By: mreiss | Time: 05:36:38 PM

Last edited:
I couldn't believe my eyes when I spotted him up on the field early, and he jogged to the back corner right away. It did look like he was trying to keep a low profile. Obviously he was successful in dodging the media guys. Welcome back Rodney!!!!

PatsChick87 said:
I couldn't believe my eyes when I spotted him up on the field early, and he jogged to the back corner right away. It did look like he was trying to keep a low profile. Obviously he was successful in dodging the media guys. Welcome back Rodney!!!!

How did you look? Any sign of a limp or favoring the knee?

Reiss also posted a Part 4 to the interview.

PatsChick87 said:

You had yourself quite the day. Glad that it happened today.

If it would have happened tomorrow when I going to be there, my head would have exploded.

How did the other guys look?

PATSNUTme said:
If it would have happened tomorrow when I going to be there, my head would have exploded.
LOL... honestly, when the news broke that Rodney was back, and you didn't weigh in right away, I started to get worried. I had all kinds of visions ... like you hearing the news, jumping for joy, hitting your head on the overhead lighting, then twisting your ankle on your chair on the way back down, followed by falling ass-over-teakettle out a three-story window as you try to regain your balance. I could just see you laying there, bleeding on the sidewalk... big grin on your face, muttering through bloody broken teeth, "Rodney's back. Rodney's back. I told all those bastards he'd be back!"

Ahh good to have Rodney back and hearing him talk.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
LOL... honestly, when the news broke that Rodney was back, and you didn't weigh in right away, I started to get worried. I had all kinds of visions ... like you hearing the news, jumping for joy, hitting your head on the overhead lighting, then twisting your ankle on your chair on the way back down, followed by falling ass-over-teakettle out a three-story window as you try to regain your balance. I could just see you laying there, bleeding on the sidewalk... big grin on your face, muttering through bloody broken teeth, "Rodney's back. Rodney's back. I told all those bastards he'd be back!"

Well I must admit that when I first saw it posted I blinked and then looked again. I was just stunned but in a good way. And for a while just amazed and lost for words.

I always felt that he would be back but toward the end of the preseason. This caught me by compete surprise.

I almost expect that tomorrow, when I go down there, that he will be not be on the field. Probably and day on and a day off type of thing. That's what I expect.

But, right now I'm very happy to see a great football player play football again.

Rodney could be in a group of Vikings sacking a monastary full of unarmed monks, and he'd still claim "no one thought we could do it! We proved the doubters wrong today and carried off much plunder!"

I (heart) Rodney. He brings a smile to my face.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Hilarious post!

You can hear Rodney's comments after winning XLI already:D

This made my day. He's my favorite football player ever, hands down. Go get 'em 37.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes