PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rodney Harrison on Pats troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't remember NEM, then. Seriously, if I was Charlie Weis I probably would have got a restraining order against him just to be on the safe side. He was even more obsessed than Maverick was about McDaniels.

I was at CBS sportsonline back then. I wasn't here yet. We over there in general appreciated Weis, no matter how crazy it was. The only thing that drove me nuts about Weis was his love for the fullback dive on short yardage which was more often a failure than a success.

I do. His in-game adjustments were too fancy, boneheaded, predictable, etc. The complaints just weren't as prominent because we were winning Super Bowls.

I thought if anything, his adjustments were unpredictable.

Back to the topic at hand though, I don't know if we made any significant adjustments on the last two successful drives or if the Giants started to back off on defense, but I do recall us going back to a no-huddle offense, picked up the tempo, and got Brady back into a rhythm. It seems like our passing offense works a lot more efficiently when they're in this type of attack mentality. Something we used predominantly the first couple of games to great success. It just seems we slowed down our tempo quite a bit the past three games.

If you notice, the OLine play starting deteriorating after Vollmer was inserted at RT. Solder has beaten him out of that job and has played great. His play alone during week one against a fully motived Cameron Wake should have signaled to BB that it was his job to lose.

What happens? Vollmer gets healthy, BB removes the better player and the OLine has taken a hit for hit. Vollmer has been getting beaten like rented mule alot.

Yeah, I noticed that. Volmer is no Solder. What a difference a year makes.

Honestly, the wide receiver core outside of Welker is absolutely pitiful.

Branch: Old, lost a step, not a full time player anymore. Should be 3/4.
Ochocinco: Waste of space, and money. Terrible production for his cost.
Edelman: Has regressed somehow as a receiver since 2009.
Price: Complete unknown, can't make his way onto the field or stay healthy.

Welker is the only good player there right now.

I agree 110% with you there! We need to bring in some proven young tallent!

I agree 110% with you there! We need to bring in some proven young tallent!

90% of the guys who are "proven" and "young" are under contract for $8M a year or will be soon. The other 10% have effort concerns or DUIs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back