PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rodney Harrison on Dallas Clark Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

chunkypony

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Rodney did a hell of a job covering Clark. Gotta give him mad props.

Rodney Harrison is getting older, Rodney Harrison still has some rust to knock off, Rodney Harrison was never and will never BE "elite" in coverage, BUT...he did a helluva job yesterday against a very tough opponent, a guy who lit us up and who was as responsible as anyone for the Patriots not making it 4 out of 6 Super Bowls last year.

And it's worth noting that the previous three times we had played Indy, we didn't have Rodney and we lost. And the three games prior to THOSE games, we did have Rodney and we won. Just sayin'.

Helluva job.

Last edited:
bump. Because there are FAR too many B.S. audio-gate b!tch-fests going on after a great win. Would a little ACTUAL football-talk hurt so much?

bump. Because there are FAR too many B.S. audio-gate b!tch-fests going on after a great win. Would a little ACTUAL football-talk hurt so much?
Okay, only because you're asking, here's part of a post I made today:

Remember all the crap Rodney got from the media for 'not covering' Witten in Dallas, when he hammered Witten all day long, and held him to 3 catches. Yesterday, Rodney shut down Clark the same way he shut down Witten and this time was seen as one of the heroes of the game. So much is perception.

And from this thread on November 3rd:
PatsFan37 said:
On the AD vs. Clark issue, I think it's interesting how the media (Felger in particular) keep repeating how Harrison couldn't cover Witten, despite Witten having only 3 receptions for 47 yds. He had 9 and 10 receptions in the games before and after the NE game. At least one of Witten's receptions came when Harrison abandoned coverage to rush the QB.

The media has made a habit of spreading this kind of misinformation, which is why I see a big matchup tomorrow between Dallas Clark and Rodney Harrison, not Clark and AD.

Harrison is a football god. My favorite Partiot EVER.

we arnt worthy ! :singing:

i loveeeeeee our chargers ! seau and rodney !

Rodney Harrison is getting older, Rodney Harrison still has some rust to knock off, Rodney Harrison was never and will never BE "elite" in coverage, BUT...he did a helluva job yesterday against a very tough opponent, a guy who lit us up and who was as responsible as anyone for the Patriots not making it 4 out of 6 Super Bowls last year.

And it's worth noting that the previous three times we had played Indy, we didn't have Rodney and we lost. And the three games prior to THOSE games, we did have Rodney and we won. Just sayin'.

Helluva job.

Harrison is great. It seems like he was always near the ball, no matter where it went. He may be older, but there aren't many players who play with the passion and intelligence that he brings to the game.

Rodney is one of my fav football players. GREAT JOB rodney!

We will hear a lot about how great Addai was and how small the Colts receivers were, but a team can only take away so much. It's not coincidence that Addai did well the same game the receivers did not.

Is it also coincidence that in the last 3 losses to the Colts, we did not have Rodney (except a short time in one game)?

Thanks, Rodney.

best thing about Rodney is regardless of if he is playing well, regardless of his assignment, regardless what the score is, NO ONE in the NFL or the Patriots plays harder or with more heart than him. You gotta love to root for a guy like that

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes