PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rodney Harrison on Clayton's list of potential cuts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murphys95

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Per ESPN, John Clayton mentioned Rodney Harrison as a potential big name cut if the CBA does not extend. Also included by Clayton are Priest Holmes, Chad Pennington, and Marshall Faulk.

Unless I misunderstand Miguel's page, we would only save about $600K by cutting him so I don't think so.

Murphys95 said:
Per ESPN, John Clayton mentioned Rodney Harrison as a potential big name cut if the CBA does not extend. Also included by Clayton are Priest Holmes, Chad Pennington, and Marshall Faulk.

That was last week and I went nuts then. Stop torturing me. :D

If we cut Rodney for a miserly 600k, I'll be really pissed. We can cut Russ Horstien and same $1 mil if we need the cap space that bad.

PATSNUTme said:
That was last week and I went nuts then. Stop torturing me. :D

If we cut Rodney for a miserly 600k, I'll be really pissed. We can cut Russ Horstien and same $1 mil if we need the cap space that bad.

Then Clayton just reiterated it 5 minutes ago live on ESPN's Sports Center. :)

Murphys95 said:

He's a friggin a-hole, goober looking, creep!

It's not going to happen. No way!

PATSNUTme said:
He's a friggin a-hole, goober looking, creep!

It's not going to happen. No way!

Nice signature picture.

Murphys95 said:
Nice signature picture.

Thanks. A friend of mine did the graphics for the banner. I could never do anything like that.

But what it says is true:

Can you cut an injured player?

Hoodie said:
Can you cut an injured player?

Good point. I don't think that you can unless they reach an injury settlement with the player.

But, this is one player that they would be out of their minds to cut to save $600K.

If the Pats need to save some cap room there are a few players they could cut that I don't think any of us need to see in a Pats uniform again.

Ty Poole
Chad Brown
Monte Biesel

and I forgot Bethel Johnson. I'm not sure how much we'd save (not sure I'm reading Miguel's page correctly) but that ought to be enough since they are already under the cap.

Last edited:
Murphys95 said:

what you guys may have missed Clayton say right after repeating the Rodney Harrison cut comment was he kinda low-talked out of the corner of his mouth:

".....by cutting Harrison it opens up the return of Duane Starks."

Clayton's commentary = Money

People,
Why many of you always react like Pavlov's dogs every time to the ignorant ranting of sports columnists ignorant of cap facts is beyond me. It's an insult to the hours and weeks of work that Miguel does on his cap pages for you to blithely IGNORE his work. Cuting Rodney is not an effective cap move. It will not happen. It's possible he could be cut because he's lost too much ability which is not the issue at hand, but NOT simply to save a few hundred K.

Broomer said:
what you guys may have missed Clayton say right after repeating the Rodney Harrison cut comment was he kinda low-talked out of the corner of his mouth:

".....by cutting Harrison it opens up the return of Duane Starks."

Clayton's commentary = Money

It still doesn't make any sense. Cut Rodney to bring back Starks??? We are talking about 600K.

Ty Poole is 1.5. Chad Brown is 1mil. And Russ H is 1mil, if they really need the space. That's 3.5 mil right there.

These talking heads can shoot off there mouths and never have to come back and say they were wrong.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye