PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rodney had an easier chance at an interception than Asante

Status
Not open for further replies.
Merriweather has to work on his ball skills this offseason - he had 4 or 5 balls either go through his hands or hit him in the pads this year. Granted, an over the shoulder, back to the ball interception is difficult, but so is catching the ball off your helmet. Gotta make some plays, not just try to kill people.

The end of this game was a lot like the pats-broncos game in 2005. The game plan was OK, but the players did not execute. The defense, for the most part, did not take the opportunities that were handed to them. Rodney should have intercepted that ball, so should Asante. Eli should have been sacked on that last play. Rodney should have jarred that ball loose. The defense lost that game. Not because of some scheme, but rather by their play.
Agreed. Plays were clearly there to be made. I'm afraid it's time to move on. Meriweather and Sanders as the starting Safeties next year and we need a younger ILB to go with Thomas too.

Yup, time to move on. The Giants played very well but fortune was also on their side.

I know this is professional sports and this was the biggest game for us. But, I was a follower of high school basket basketball for years. Many times an unbeaten powerhouse went to the tourney and was upset by a lower ranked team. You see that in March madness all the time.

That's why they play the games.

The difference is Rodney plays for the love of the game and Samuel plays more for the money. If you are all about the money, make the pro bowl, you need to be able to make that catch in a clutch situation. For Rodney, we're not expecting miracles and that's probably why we love him so much for playing at the level he plays at.

The thing that kills me is watching the clock on that last drive and how many times it screws up! I've never seen a high achool game with this many screw ups let alone an NFL superbowl.

On reviewing the Giants final drive, The play before Asante's big chance......ball went right through Rodney's hands.
Definitely an easier pick than Samuel's.

Systemic defensive failure.

Not one player could make the key stop.

Definitely feels like it was just not meant to be.
Merritweather missed one too. Would've been a good catch but it looks like he misjudged it just as Samuel did.

pao

I can't stomach any videos either. Why post? I joined this forum a few years ago and I forgot about it. Now I need it because I live in Tacoma and there are few of us around here.

I also think that Rodney had an easier INT opportunity than Samuel. He was coming toward the ball and therefore had the chance to change the angle of his approach. Had he any leaping ability remaining, he catches that pass. And thanks for nothing to Fox for not showing a replay, even after returning from commercials after the 2-Minute Warning.

BTW, how the eff is Tyree so wide open, that Rodney is standing behind, not in front of, the receiver? And why didn't the other DBs start closing into the area?

Even the Stomper's near-INT was easier then Samuel's.

Obviously, I'm not over this disaster. And I never will be. Ever.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye