PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rodney had an easier chance at an interception than Asante

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcus

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
On reviewing the Giants final drive, The play before Asante's big chance......ball went right through Rodney's hands.
Definitely an easier pick than Samuel's.

Systemic defensive failure.

Not one player could make the key stop.

Definitely feels like it was just not meant to be.

Last edited:
Does anybody know if there are any Youtube clips of those missed interceptions? I don't have the guts to watch the whole game again, however, I would like to see how the D missed out on sealing the game.

Never should have been in the position to have needed Rodney or Asante or Meriwether's picks or the stop on 4th & 1 or the ridiculous near sack and bizarre helmet catch or leaving an injured Hobbs on an island or officials blowing te time clock.........NONE of the above should have happened.

This game should have been won long before that...i'll never understand it.

The players simply played their poorest game of the season and the coaches coached at their worst as well.

End of story.......End of season.......got to move on......must move on, now.

I am taking our three Championships and getting ready for more to come our way - 2008 season will bring us one for sure, count on it.

i watched about 30 secs and couldn't watch anymore. that is inhumane to post that

I can only imagine what BB and the crew are going to feel like when they have to review it again.

I can only imagine what BB and the crew are going to feel like when they have to review it again.

I think I'd actually get physically ill. Do you think he'll even watch the game film or already has?

Go back to your lives citizens...nothing to see here. Honestly, I can't even look at still photos of the game, much less video. It still stings like hell.

i watched about 30 secs and couldn't watch anymore. that is inhumane to post that

I couldn't make it more than 10 seconds in. I just wanted to see those two plays, easier to compartmentalize them and look at them in isolation. I never want to watch that entire drive again, I felt the depression come back the second it started.

Woe is me.

You guys have to let this go.
It's too much. It was never meant to be and the last drive makes this obvious.

This is coming from someone who never lets anything go.

Our best bet is to move on and talk about the draft.

-Keegs-

p.s. Tony Dungy is a despicable human being

You guys have to let this go.
It's too much. It was never meant to be and the last drive makes this obvious.

This is coming from someone who never lets anything go.

Our best bet is to move on and talk about the draft.

-Keegs-

p.s. Tony Dungy is a despicable human being

Yeah, I have to agree. Thinking about that final drive is like thinking about a painful destiny coming to fruition. We should all just move on and hope the Pats can put it behind them as well. Now if only I could stay away from this board, I wouldn't be a total hypocrite.

I don't think I'll ever be ready to watch that. I made it until I heard the "Greatness" music and I wilted.
Back to stage 1. d%#*!@t.

You guys are 100% right
I need to get over thsi and move on.

I have never had such a difficult time of puttin g a sporting event behind me and moving on.

NFL network replayed the SZuper Bowl last night and I had to watch.

When you watch it a second time, you really re-experience all thye missed opportunities.

This is my last post on Super Bowl 42...
moving forward now

You guys are 100% right
I need to get over thsi and move on.

I have never had such a difficult time of puttin g a sporting event behind me and moving on.

NFL network replayed the SZuper Bowl last night and I had to watch.

When you watch it a second time, you really re-experience all thye missed opportunities.

This is my last post on Super Bowl 42...
moving forward now

Good for you, man. I'm trying to do the same. Many of us are hanging on to this too much, including me. One thing, though - I will never, ever watch that game again, just like I've never watched the 2006 AFCCG again.

I'm looking forward to going to work tomorrow to get my mind on other crappy things.

Rodney's INT would have been a much tougher catch than Samuel's.

The ball was really high and Rodney was flying in there. Samuel was waiting on his, like fielding a punt. It was high too, but he had lots of time to adjust.

Rodney's INT would have been a much tougher catch than Samuel's.

The ball was really high and Rodney was flying in there. Samuel was waiting on his, like fielding a punt. It was high too, but he had lots of time to adjust.

Rodney cant jump remember..so yeah. his INT was tougher because hes not very athletic..evident by Tyree catch where he couldnt get his hands in or jump more than 3 inches off ground

i think what bothers me more than that INT miss by Rodney is the catch middle of field..not the Tyree but also the 1 where the WR went to ground for ball at first down. Seemed like he was supposed to close down quicker and WR was so wide open and it was too easy.

Meriweather could've had an insane interception over head jumping. very tough but cant say we really expected the rookie to catch a ball yet alone a tough one

The end of this game was a lot like the pats-broncos game in 2005. The game plan was OK, but the players did not execute. The defense, for the most part, did not take the opportunities that were handed to them. Rodney should have intercepted that ball, so should Asante. Eli should have been sacked on that last play. Rodney should have jarred that ball loose. The defense lost that game. Not because of some scheme, but rather by their play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes