PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rodney at Practice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. Could be read 2 ways He doesn't want them to see how bad he looks or doesn't want the Colts to see how good he looks.

I'd much rather believe option 2.

Also, judging by how he was 'playfully hiding his face' as he walked through the lockerroom as well, I'd guess that he's not hiding how bad he looks.

:D

I think he's just 'keeping it a secret' that he's back around and lookin' good.

I tend to agree that the Sanders/Hawkins duo has performed admirably while Harrison has been out and would be better then having Rodney at 50-60%, however if he can play having him for Sunday would be huge if the Pats want to be phyical with Indy's recievers. Sanders is pretty physical but Hawkins is a transplanted CB playing Safety, and sort of lacking in physicality.

I would like to see Rodney dressed, even he doesn't start or play a lot fo reps.

Just having him around the team to play in the nickel or as an extra situational safety/LB would be awesome if for no other reason than to have Peyton glance accross the line of scrimmage and see #37 standing there chomping at the bit!

I thought he was OUT, according to the resourcefull NFL Network. Let me guess, Adam Schefter?

C'mon Rodney. Prove those NFL Network clowns are a bunch of morons.

Patriots safety Harrison practices
Associated Press

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- New England Patriots safety Rodney Harrison practiced Thursday, stretching his injured right knee that kept him out of the first two playoff games. Harrison had been listed Wednesday as doubtful for Sunday's AFC championship game at Indianapolis. An updated injury report was to be issued Thursday.

He was at the start of Thursday's practice for the stretching portion open to the media and, after putting on his helmet, picked up a football before reporters and photographers left. On Wednesday, he wasn't at the start of practice, although he walked without a limp in the locker room before his teammates left for the workout.

Harrison strained his right knee in the last regular-season game, a 40-23 win over Tennessee, when he was blocked by wide receiver Bobby Wade. That kept him out of the playoff games -- wins of 37-16 over the New York Jets and 24-21 at the San Diego Chargers.
The game against the Titans was just his second after he missed six games with a broken right shoulder blade sustained when he was tackling Marvin Harrison in a 27-20 loss to the Colts in Foxborough.

Last season, Harrison played only the first three games and missed both playoff games after tearing three ligaments in his left knee in a 23-20 win at Pittsburgh. But he started the first eight regular-season games this season.

Three players listed Wednesday as questionable with the flu also attended the start of Thursday's practice -- wide receiver Troy Brown, defensive lineman Mike Wright and offensive tackle Ryan O'Callaghan. Brown and linebacker Tedy Bruschi had canceled media sessions earlier Thursday because they weren't feeling well, team spokesman Stacey James said. Cornerback Ellis Hobbs said he felt fine and takes precautions against getting sick. "Just wash your hands before you eat, take a shower," he said Thursday. "I carry a little bottle of (rubbing) alcohol around with me now, I know to spray it on my hands every now and then." He has played when he's been sick. "I think we all have," Hobbs said. "We've all been down that road once. You get going, You deal with it afterwards."

The team tries to keep sick players away from healthy ones, he said, sometimes not allowing them into the same meetings. "I haven't really been looking around to see who's been in the meetings or not," Hobbs said, "but I heard a couple of people coughing."

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press

Last edited:
Rodney's going to play this sunday :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

So says Mike Reiss:

Yeah NFL network, he's out for Sunday's game. :rolleyes:

Now, it's likely that he won't play, but if he's on the practice field there's a chance that he will.

The BB mind games have begun. Psy-Ops are in full effect.

Oh man, if Rodney plays this game, I can see Manning crapping his pants as #37 starts using his wideouts as tackling dummies. As if Sunday can't get here quick enough, now thinking of Rodney being out there as me even more pumped up for Sunday.

I can't believe no one has mentioned the post that said he wasn't even wearing shoulder pads. I want to see Rodney out there as much as anyone, but if he wasn't even wearing shoulder pads at practice, chances are it is because he has no chance of playing, and was just out there so the Colts would hear about it.

Also, the Pats wouldn't dress him if he isn't capable of fulfilling his regular role. Their attitude is if you are dressed, then you should be able to play at any time. I doubt they would dress him just for a few plays.

So sayeth Dr. PATSNUTme? Or, related field PATSNUTme?

Once, I strained my knee getting off a bar stool. It was really bad for several days so I had to sit at a table. Then suddenly one day it felt fine and I was 86% ready to jump back on the bar stool.:rocker: That's how it goes sometimes.

Also, the Pats wouldn't dress him if he isn't capable of fulfilling his regular role. Their attitude is if you are dressed, then you should be able to play at any time.
Says who? Since when? When players (Bruschi and others) come back after injuries they seldom play every snap. They ease back.

Everything I've heard about BB is that he will play the players he feels give the Pats the best chance of winning the game. If he feels it is Rodney Harrison for some key plays down the stretch, he will dress Rodney and sit Spann.

If BB thinks it is best to give Rodney a few snaps Sunday to get him back to speed for the SB, that's what I think he'll do. If BB thinks it is best for Rodney to get more rest, that is what he'll do. I cannot imagine BB saying Rodney must play every snap or he won't be dressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back